OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 19:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Xiom Omega V Asia
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 16:35 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
iskandar taib wrote:
Doesn't mean it's not different. To add a logo to the topsheet, it'd require re-registration in the LARC. If they add some extra treatment to the topsheet to modify the friction without changing the "printing" apparently that's OK. One example of this is Sanwei A+ - it comes in tacky and non-tacky versions, yet there's only one entry in the LARC (62-012). Iskandar

That's not legal, but a few Chinese companies do it and have managed to get away with it. I doubt very much Xiom would do this.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 17:40 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
Maybe Sanwei (and others like 61seconds with their LST tacky/non-tacky) will blame it on quality-issues or factory-tuning...
ITTF says clearly that no alterations to the rubbers are allowed unless the (new) rubber has been re-registered.
But I guess theres no problem as long as those rubbers are just used in niches and no top100 player is using it.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 19:26 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I suspect the ITTF only cares if someone complains, or if they lose significant amount of money on it...

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 22:09 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
Zhaoyang wrote:
1. XIOM Tau red - testing A-B-A-B, I felt was practically identical to the above, including great suitability for dropping the ball short, and requiring a lot of effort to play with.
2. XIOM Tau black - my second one was heavier and a little juicier than the above. Could be just production tolerance.

i am looking to buy Tau because couple of reviewers said it is an upgrade to Vega China but it cant be bought anywhere in europe because it supposedly is not sold there...

where have you bought yours, where do you suggest me to order it and can you compare it to Vega China pretty please with cherry on top? :rofl:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2016, 00:49 
Super User

To 111Iceman111, about XIOM Tau:

I'm not an expert.
I never played with Vega China, sorry. I made one note: "VChina is unexpectedly lightweight (as though 47.5d instead of 54d). Put aside." (I suspected it was too soft and never used it.)

I bought the red XIOM Tau at tabletennisstore.us (because they didn't have a black one), but they no longer stock it. I bought the black one at tt11 but they don't stock it now either.
1. red, 66g full sheet, 47g mounted with a gap on a cpen.
2. black, 72g, 52g mounted with a gap.
3. black, 68/49.
As I said, the red and black played differently but this could have been just production tolerance, as you can see, and the black ones were great too.

Lastly, I remind you that when I found XTau very similar to S2-39 it was with VOC glue on the S2 (not speed glue, just rubber cement).

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2016, 03:55 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Red wrote:
Maybe Sanwei (and others like 61seconds with their LST tacky/non-tacky) will blame it on quality-issues or factory-tuning...
ITTF says clearly that no alterations to the rubbers are allowed unless the (new) rubber has been re-registered.
But I guess theres no problem as long as those rubbers are just used in niches and no top100 player is using it.

You can't blame QC if you're selling the tacky and non-tacky in different packaging.

What I think is going on is that the two topsheets are identical, EXCEPT FOR THE ADHESIVE THEY APPLY TO THE TACKY TOPSHEET by way of the "protector sheet". Their argument would be that the final tacky glue isn't part of the topsheet per se, but a factory-applied treatment.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2017, 19:59 
Super User

Is the sponge hardness of the Omega IV Asia and the Omega V Asia the same?

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2022, 16:48 
Super User

Blade: Xiom Michelangelo
FH: andro Rasanter R48
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 25 FX

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2022, 22:00 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I always really liked this rubber. I switched to MX-P a couple of years ago, but Omega V Asia is still a very good choice.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!