OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 16:56

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2016, 02:52 
Super User

Has anyone tried the new Donic Slice 40 CD? Looking for some feedback as I'm thinking of going of a more forehand chopping style.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2016, 03:59 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
No, but I am very interested in this. There is an another post about it somewhere, someone talked about it a bit.

If you try it let me know. When you eventually EJ and take it off your blade, you can donate it to me. :lol:

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2016, 05:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
My teammate is using it but on backhand of an Andro treibor off,seems tackier then the old slice 40 and he has the 1.8 version in black.He can control his chops ok but the underspin looks less than he was making with Tackiness c,his b/h attacks have improved though.I suggested he spin the bat around to try it on f/h and he said it was a bit slow for him,I am trying to get him to move over to the dark side and thought this would be better for him on f/h than the Bluefire m2 he`s using as he`s mostly classic defence with occasional attacks,sorry that`s all I can tell you I havn`t tried it myself

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2016, 00:00 
Super User

I'm mounting the donic slice 40 CD on my JSH blade today and testing tonight. 1.8mm in black.

I'll review here.

I'm also going to try Marder II in either 1.8 or 2.0mm at some point alongside the Slice CD. I'm interested in seeing how I fair with a more forehand chopping game. If it's not for me I will go back to the faster JPO1 Turbo on my forehand and play my usual modern defence game.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2016, 00:12 

Awesome. Very interested. This is one rubber where I have no empirical reason to be interested, except that I want a spinnier-than-reflectoid control rubber that is a bit faster for FH chopping.

I have no other reason to think that this rubber will be good, but for some reason I'm drawn to it....good marketing I suppose! Hahahaha

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2016, 06:47 

Blade: Bf Gionis car.al+
FH: Bf Tenergy80FX
BH: Donic Slice 40CD
I've got a Donic Slice 40 CD 1.8 on my bh. (Red) its a dream come true :D .
previous i had a normal slice 1.5 on my bh and i found myself playing more defensive with it. i can attack with it but it never felt very special.
Now with the new rubber i can play defense as good but the attacking possibilities are alot better.
Close range: play spin and block very easy with more control than u ever need :D also u can give alot of underspin with it with a fast flick of the wrist what drives my opponents crazy :headbang:
Mid range: (my favorite place) iam able 2 take on every heavy spin and chop it where ever i want, receive heavy backspin even better control and very easy to spin with a high arc and lots of effect even give it enough sidespin 2 make your opponent cry :lol:
Long range: i try not 2 play from here but if i have to my slice is a good rubber to do that. flat arc chops and heavy topspin are doable but a bit harder.

Sorry for my (bad) english i tried 2 make sense but it's kinda hard :D

(if u guys want i can make a video about the Donic slice and Donic slice 40 CD. got my own robot and table at home :rock: )

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2019, 05:09 

Blade: Butterfly JSH
FH: JOOLA Golden Tango 1,8mm
BH: 802 1,5mm
ridderz65 wrote:
I'm mounting the donic slice 40 CD on my JSH blade today and testing tonight. 1.8mm in black.

I'll review here.

I'm also going to try Marder II in either 1.8 or 2.0mm at some point alongside the Slice CD. I'm interested in seeing how I fair with a more forehand chopping game. If it's not for me I will go back to the faster JPO1 Turbo on my forehand and play my usual modern defence game.

ridderz65 did you try Slice CD and Marder II?? Can you make a comparison??

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2019, 00:05 

I never ended up trying the slice for very long, but I did use marder II for quite a while. The throw was very low and took me a while to get used to. Not very spinny for serves, but very good for chopping, and spin-insensitive at the table for serve return and blocks. While it was not very spinny for serves, it was pretty spinny for loops, but the arc is not very pronounced because of the low throw. It was weird, on pushes, I felt my opponents misjudged my pushes and pushed high or long. So I feel like to harness the spin, it really relies on mechanical grip and the ball must sink in.

Speed was medium, like a little faster than Mark V. Slower than a any tensor. I had trouble with looping with it on the forehand because of the low throw, but I think it's those properties that made it nice for chopping and defense.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2024, 11:36 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
There is a new version out now, the Donic Slice 40 CS.

It only comes in 1.3mm or 1.5mm, so it's clearly for defenders.

Has anyone tried it?

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2024, 11:52 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Product information "DONIC Slice 40 CS"
Here comes the saw
The DONIC SLICE 40 CS is the latest rubber development for modern defensive play: A sticky top rubber, like in the successful DONIC BLUEGRIP series, is combined with a catapult-friendly tension sponge, like in the DONIC ACUDA S. The result is a hybrid rubber sheet that allows for an extremely high degree of rotation: when pushing, when defending with backspin, but of course also for topspin. The DONIC SLICE 40 CS offers sufficient dynamics to give attacks the necessary penetrating power, but it is explicitly designed for defensive players. And that’s also why it is only available in 1.3 mm and 1.5 mm. If you want to create extreme backspin in defence, then go and get the SLICE 40 CS and unpack the saw.

Technology: Hybrid rubber sheet, medium-hard tension sponge, sticky top sheet.
Character: Excellent grip, extremely high rotation for defensive and attacking strokes
Recommendation: Developed for the modern defensive game
Sponge thickness: 1.3/1.5
Art-No.: 000 282

control: 9
speed: 6+
spin: 11
hardness: Medium +
surface: sticky-elastic
Characteristics: AR -, DEF, DEF +Image

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2024, 11:53 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

haggisv wrote:
There is a new version out now, the Donic Slice 40 CS.

It only comes in 1.3mm or 1.5mm, so it's clearly for defenders.

Has anyone tried it?
Waiting for your review…

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2024, 14:22 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Very tempting, but with a sponge no thicker than 1.5mm, it's going to be tough looping on the forehand. It may be perfect for those that like to setup balls with LPs/Anti, and put away with this rubber.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2024, 14:38 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

haggisv wrote:
Very tempting, but with a sponge no thicker than 1.5mm, it's going to be tough looping on the forehand. It may be perfect for those that like to setup balls with LPs/Anti, and put away with this rubber.
I thought so too until I gave it a try, albeit with Chinese Yinhe/Milky Way Mercury 2 thin 1.2mm sponge. Didn’t take too long for me to adapt. But, I did use it on off/fast blades. Ha!

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2024, 14:40 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

As far as this particular rubber, I’ve been looking all morning and couldn’t find it here. Perhaps it’s not available for sale here. Same thing with Victas 401.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2024, 14:57 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

It's new from Donic, your local distributor may not have it yet. As for Victas 401, it's certainly still made, but perhaps Victas is having supply issues.