OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:13

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2018, 10:51 

Blade: Joola chen defender
FH: Rhyzer 43
BH: Rhyzer 43
I'm undecided whether I should purchase - joola rhyzer 43 for $55, Joola rhzym - p for $50, or Joola rhyzm for $45.
Price doesn't matter for me here.

I tend to attack more with loops and drives. Which one would anyone recommend to buy.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2018, 11:03 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
You'll find it hard to find reviews on a very new rubber. edit: except here http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=32404 :lol: :lol:
Maybe if money isn't an issue, trust the the manufacturer has made some improvements and you would be using the latest and greatest.

Sponge hardness could be a consideration also so maybe if you like a particular hardness then have a look at what they all are. 43 is probably rated medium so a safe enough bet. I'm not sure you'd notice a couple of degrees here or there anyway.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2018, 11:12 

I watched that same video with the English translation and subtitles as well as googled reviews of them all. I guess I'll just have to try my luck and see if I like it the newest version.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2018, 12:50 

Cobalt wrote:
You'll find it hard to find reviews on a very new rubber. edit: except here http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=32404 :lol: :lol:
Maybe if money isn't an issue, trust the the manufacturer has made some improvements and you would be using the latest and greatest.

Sponge hardness could be a consideration also so maybe if you like a particular hardness then have a look at what they all are. 43 is probably rated medium so a safe enough bet. I'm not sure you'd notice a couple of degrees here or there anyway.

Purchased joola rhyzer 43 in black/Max thickness. I'll give you an update on what i think of it when it comes if you're interested.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2018, 13:56 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Sidespinforwin wrote:
Cobalt wrote:

Purchased joola rhyzer 43 in black/Max thickness. I'll give you an update on what i think of it when it comes if you're interested.

Yes, for sure :up: :up:

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018, 13:06 

Cobalt wrote:
Yes, for sure :up: :up:

So i finally got to play with my rhyzer 43 today at a local table tennis club. I can only say positive things about it so far due to
1. I only played with it for 3 hours
2. I don't get to play/practice often so faults in my game/technique I don't want to blame it on the rubber
3. I have only ever owned 1 high end rubber before being butterfly tenergy 05 as my comparsion

I wanted to have a video of me playing with it but my wife didn't want to stay at the tt club and wanted to grocery shop/errands & i don't think these old guys at the tt club would want to hold my phone and record me instead of playing.

So two things that I feel stands out with this rubber.
Its fast & loud. If you have good technique / foot work it is really fun to play with. My opponents were overpowered in topspin rallies or the ball came back to fast for them to respond against my loops & drives.

I want to say more about this rubber but I don't want to misrepresent it because I rarely play/know all the techniques/technical aspects of the game and how a rubber should perform close,mid,far from table with the correct technique. Lets just say I had fun with it from all distances especially mid distance.

Plus of going to a tt club is I got to try other players equipment as well as let them try mine. So I got to compare rhyzer 43 first hand specifically to tenergy 05 and joola rhyzm -P (both in max thickness that were both fairly new). To my eyes the rhyzer had more spin with harder/medium strokes and a more linear arc (but still safe arc to go over the net consistently) compared to the 05 & rhyzm -P. Rhyzer 43 was faster than T05 & J-P and the rhyzer 43 is on a slow blade being joola chen defender compared to the butterfly zlc blade & the other one was hinoki wood composition but i forget what it was.

I liked this rubber alot so I ordered another 2 rhyzer 43 red+black in max thickness & ordered another chen defender blade. Our tt club is a seller/distributor of joola & butterfly products so he gets discounts from the manufacturer (mostly just discounts from joola).

Those are my honest thoughts about this rubber. I hope to make a video of it to let the rubber speak for its self but I probably wont go back to the tt club until i have to pick up my order due to work and becoming a first time expecting father in just a couple of weeks.

The other rubber i used on my blade was a cheap friendship 729 soft fx. Would prefer rhyzer 43 on both sides.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2019, 22:54 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Having just wasted £40 on a sheet of red Rhyzer 43 2.0mm I have say that as a result of the very thin top sheet and high catapult sponge this is a rubber you will love or hate depending on your playing style.

If you stand back from the table and topspin or fast block everything with good modern short stroke technique it is great, but for a close to the table push,block hit type game not so great. The biggest problem to me is the total lack of feel and precision due to the very thin and soft top sheet and the high catapult from the fast medium soft sponge coming into play much earlier than say on the latest Tibhar Evolution or Aurus series Rubbers.

Last edited by ChasFox on 29 Jul 2019, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2019, 11:07 

Sidespinforwin wrote:
I'm undecided whether I should purchase - joola rhyzer 43 for $55, Joola rhzym - p for $50, or Joola rhyzm for $45.
Price doesn't matter for me here.

I tend to attack more with loops and drives. Which one would anyone recommend to buy.

In order of hardness:

Rhyzm > Rhyzm - P > Rhyzer 43

Glue effect:

Rhyzer 43 > Rhyzm - P > Rhyzm.

Oldest to newest:

Rhyzm > Rhyzm - P > Rhyzer 43

In my opinion Rhyzm require very sound technique (USATT 2000+) to get the most out of it. But, if you hit the ball cleanly you get a very strong ball. Most people would have a hard time using it on the backhand.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2019, 04:11 
Super User

After a few months I am actually getting on quite well with Rhyzer 43 2mm red for the following reasons

1. The high initial catapult has reduced a bit and the top sheet and sponge feel a bit firmer probably due to the factory booster wearing off.

2. I have switched it to the slower back hand side of my Black & White blade but still plenty fast for aggressive close to table forehand play. The extra dwell of the slow side makes easier to spin up the ball and gives more control on blocks, whilst the fast sponge still gives lots of speed when needed.

3. Much improved technique. It took four weeks hitting ball everywhere but I now have a more compact swing with proper rotation. As often mentionsed these fast tensors reallly show up poor technique.

Just bought a sheet of Andro R42 2mm for my harder Bloodhound blade. Will be an interesting comparison.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2020, 17:54 
Super User

12 months on and having settled on Rasanter R42 as my FH rubber, I stuck my old sheet of Rhyzer R43 onto my Dr Neubauer Bloodhound blade. Being a hard and low throw blade designed primarily for blocking with pips out rubbers finding a rubber that will enable close to the table spinney loops is quite difficult.

The Rhyzer R43 was in fact remarkably effective having shrunk 2-3mm and lost most of its initial factory extreme tension, still fast and spinny but more controlled with a firmer much less bouncy feel. Most important of all it for the first time made topspins close to the table with the Bloodhound easy to do. So I clearly need to find something that out of the packet plays close to how my old R43 sheet now does.