OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 23:26

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: 729 Presto?
PostPosted: 09 May 2019, 22:41 

Blade: Yinhe V5 Kiso-Hinoki
FH: H3
BH: Sanwei Target National
Boxersss wrote:
Just back from my holidays so didnt play yet. Friday I will have my first training again and I will play with the Bloom Power.

From our German friends:
https://forum.tt-news.de/showthread.php?p=2985236

Greetings

Sorry, Friday which month and year? ;)

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 09 May 2019, 22:48 

Blade: DONIC Defplay Senso V3
FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm
BH: TSP SpinpipsChop II 1.4mm
There is a new Presto, the Presto MAX!

New Friendship/729 Presto Max Speed and Presto Max Spin

Friendship 729 PRESTO MAX (2019 New) Spin / Speed

729 new Presto MAX series, matched with macroporous sponge of special hardness and thickness, combined with light, high tensile topsheet. Both SPIN and SPEED model are developed after hundreds of experiments in 729 labs, and tested by players from provincial teams.
Characteristics: Non-tacky Rubber + Macroporous Sponge
Hardness: 46

Price is about ~20USD in Aliexpress shops.

Attachments:
729_PrestoMax.jpg
729_PrestoMax.jpg [ 84.66 KiB | Viewed 2358 times ]

@work setup: blade: Yinhe 980 | FH: Yinhe Mercury2 2.1mm | BH: Yinhe Neptune 0.7mm
to-be-used setup: blade: DONIC DefPlay Senso 3 | FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm | BH: TSP SpinPips Chop 2 1.4mm

PostPosted: 10 May 2019, 04:06 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

This reminds me.. I still have Bloom Power and Bloom Spin sitting around in the packet... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 10 May 2019, 08:47 

iskandar taib wrote:
This reminds me.. I still have Bloom Power and Bloom Spin sitting around in the packet... :lol:

Iskandar

Can you tell if blooms are tacky?

PostPosted: 10 May 2019, 11:26 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I haven't opened them yet, but people are comparing Bloom Power to Battle II, so I think they must be.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 10 May 2019, 18:51 

Blade: Re-Impact Chevalier
FH: Victas V22 double extra
BH: Friendship Bloom Spin 1.5
fmarek wrote:
Boxersss wrote:
Just back from my holidays so didnt play yet. Friday I will have my first training again and I will play with the Bloom Power.

From our German friends:
https://forum.tt-news.de/showthread.php?p=2985236

Greetings

Sorry, Friday which month and year? ;)

See the other topic

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=33654&start=30

PostPosted: 10 May 2019, 18:53 

Blade: Re-Impact Chevalier
FH: Victas V22 double extra
BH: Friendship Bloom Spin 1.5
fmarek wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

Can you tell if blooms are tacky?

They are very tacky, I like the more controlled spin version over the power version. The amount of (back)spin you can generate is incredible.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2019, 23:23 
Super User

Blade: Xiom Michelangelo
FH: andro Rasanter R48
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 25 FX
Review of Presto Speed and Presto Spin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ1IOGjp8qo

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2019, 17:57 

This is new rubber 729
http://wireless.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/wtbbye. ... 16717.html
Friendship 729 presto max spin

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2019, 18:47 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

Is your Bloom lying flat in the box, or does it seem like its trying to "bloom" out of it?

I bought the H47 sponged version. NOT ESN scale. If the new Xiom is coming out with a 60 degree ESN sponge, the Bloom Power H47 is easily an 80!

The rock hard sponge combined with reverse dome makes it the most finicky rubber I've ever dealt with. Even with 3 layers of glue on the sponge and 2 on the blade, the rubber still tries to "lift" itself away. I have to resort to pushing out the bubbles every time I play!

Good news is that it plays well. Harder sponge, but slightly softer topsheet than the Hurricanes, so its not completely dead.

Very tacky, and surprisingly fast for a Chinese rubber.

Make sure you get a flat sheet lol.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2019, 21:19 

lasta wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

Is your Bloom lying flat in the box, or does it seem like its trying to "bloom" out of it?

I bought the H47 sponged version. NOT ESN scale. If the new Xiom is coming out with a 60 degree ESN sponge, the Bloom Power H47 is easily an 80!

The rock hard sponge combined with reverse dome makes it the most finicky rubber I've ever dealt with. Even with 3 layers of glue on the sponge and 2 on the blade, the rubber still tries to "lift" itself away. I have to resort to pushing out the bubbles every time I play!

Good news is that it plays well. Harder sponge, but slightly softer topsheet than the Hurricanes, so its not completely dead.

Sorry for my English ... which way reverse dome goes? Is top sheet on the outside? That would be difficult to glue. I had experience with DobuleFish QiJi, once unpacked from hard cardboard case it immediately curled and stayed like that LOL. Played perfectly first 10 hours and then bubbled right on the sweet spot. Sponge remained glued but 1st layer of topsheet separated from the second layer of topsheet. Luckily DoubleFish acknowledged defect and replaced for free. Replacement rubber curled too ... so when gluing, I tried to make it flat and accidentally stretched it on the blade. It became super fast and unpredictable LOL, went to the bin $30 USD)

I have Presto MAX Spin H46, and it is softer than 729 08-ES H47 by a lot. And softer than 729 08-ES H45.

Presto MAX Spin H46 - using fingers I can squeeze through topsheet and sponge together, which is not possible on H47 sponge.

I thought 729 uses 729 hardness scale. But with Presto MAX Spin it got me confused. Now I have brand new never glued never cut black rubber and not planning to play, cause it is too soft for me. Happy to sell :)

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2019, 00:52 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

The MAX Spin is how 729 encoded the composite topsheet, a tricky production technology.

Be happy

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2019, 02:04 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Oh, is it now. And we were led to believe this was a much OLDER and WIDESPREAD technology and it's in a LOT of rubbers.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2019, 02:10 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

lasta wrote:

Before I took the sheets out of the vacuum pack they looked pretty flat. The vacuum packs were really heavy plastic, and there really is a vacuum in it. When I took them out, though, yes, there's a little bit of "dish" (i.e. reverse dome, with the topsheet on the top of the dome, the reverse of the dome you get when boosting or speed gluing rubbers, caused by the sponge expanding). The amount of dish wasn't much - certainly a lot less than I encountered with Palio C8000 or Yasaka ZAP. And it wasn't difficult to apply to the blade.

What causes dish? I believe it's caused by the sponge shrinking after assembly. After it comes out of the mold, sponge will have to sit around to cure - I've seen photos of cakes of sponge in piles sitting on shelves. As it cures it shrinks, and only after it's done shrinking should the sponge be sliced and glued to the topsheet. Not waiting long enough leads to the sheet developing dish in the packet. A real problem with some brands (mainly Palio - though that sheet of AK47 Blue was pretty flat).

Yes, I must admit they play nice. Not really sure exactly what it is, but they feel nice.. :lol: Lots of control, and they produce a lot of spin. Overall, they give the impression of high quality. My sheets are Power (H45) and Spin (also H45).

Iskandar