OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:18

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2018, 12:06 

Blade: Stiga Emerald VPS
FH: Gold Arc 8
BH: Xushaofa LSZ NEO
I appeal to you to know your opinion about Tibhar MX-S rubber. For what style works best. Also if it is used near the table and in the middle distance.
Madero Stiga Emerald VPS

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2018, 10:14 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

http://blog.tabletennis11.com/tibhar-ev ... ers-review

Iskandar

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2018, 22:58 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
MX-S is a hard low-throw rubber similar to the best Chinese ones. IMO it is designed for close to the table game.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2018, 01:55 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Really? Similar to Chinese rubber? Hmmm...

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2018, 00:26 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
I used to play with MX-S 1.9-2.0 mm on my FH before I started trying out hybrid rubbers.

MX-S has the hardest sponge among the Evolution series (and thus is the heaviest one, I believe). Due to that, it isn't as springy as MX-P and feels a bit closer to the hybrid rubbers - although the throw is still higher than theirs. I feel that it allows for a little bit more spin that MX-P - but again, less than tacky rubbers do. You might have to adjust your FH loop a little if coming from a springy tensor rubber. Both over the table and middle distance play is good, in my opinion, I didn't feel any lack of power.

I think it could work as a BH rubber, too, if you like the harder feeling.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2018, 17:53 
Super User

Monster Spin - is the first thing that comes to mind, when I think of MX-S...

A pretty demanding rubbers, in terms of footwork, action, technique... etc... Not for players, who stretch for a shot (like myself)...

Good at lifting back-spin... I like the way it blocks, but once again, not if you stretch for the ball... Your footwork needs to be good.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2018, 02:38 

Blade: BTY Andrzej Grubba ALL+
FH: Joola Rhyzer 48
BH: Joola Rhyzer 45 pro
I agree with the above - definitely more demanding than MX-P.
Feels hard and requires almost ideal angle of the racket on the ball contact - otherwise you will hit out or net.
I tried to use it for a while on FH and BH interchangeably but gave up and went back to MX-P, because I was just losing a bit of control. I didn't want to spend more time on adjustments. For someone who always played Europeans style rubbers MX-S may be challenging.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2018, 07:16 
Super User

After playing KTL Rapid Speed (my first rubber and long-time favourite, now it feels hard and lifeless like brick) and Yasaka Rising Dragon on the same blades Tibhar Evolution MX-S does not feel hard like old-style Chinese.

MX-S sponge is medium hardness. At least 1.8 version clicks like soft tensor during flat hits.
Slow loops are difficult with MX-S hardness but wristy slaps are effective and spiny.

So I think it is possible to play MX-S on BH if BH is your strong wing. MX-S is not forgiving rubber to cover weak side.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2020, 21:54 

Blade: Butterfly JSH
FH: JOOLA Golden Tango 1,8mm
BH: 802 1,5mm
How is chopping with MX-S??

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2020, 11:43 
Super User

MX-S is a fast offensive rubber. Chopping is spiny and easier then with other modern catapult rubbers but you need a solid technique to tame its speed even with minimal sponge thickness.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2020, 16:27 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
To know if MX-S is right for you, you would of course need to use it a spell.

In general, it is good to know the type of rubber and the hardness of sponge you prefer for your FH. That would save you a lot of trouble right away, but we are curious cats.

Unless you have a fast bat and the stroke to get the ball into the rubber and sponge, you will not get everything you could get out of MX-S. If you have the hard hitting stroke, sure, it could be for you.

I have over time discovered that soft sponged modern dynamic rubbers are my sweet spot on FH, a few rubber up to medium sponge. That is just me, you should discover your own sweet spots.

I goof off and chop a lot at the club, although I am an attacking player with some all-round tendencies.

Unless you are facing monster-man massive loops from really hard hitting advanced players (that would require a softer sponged slower inverted rubber), you can adjust and chop with the inverted rubber you like for offense with high consistency... and given the time, high quality. I can chop well even with a med firm sponged MX-K in Max sponge. It is a matter of timing to ball in the right part of zone right height impact, shorter stroke and control of grip and acceleration.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2020, 17:14 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Speaking of MX-K... What's THAT like? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2020, 09:06 

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Extreme short description.

Overall, a faster rubber with control and high possible spin.

Low to medium impacts - totally linear (like Karis) - you get out exactly what you put in. Ditto with spin based on your stroke - you get what you did - no less and no more.

Strong impacts - this rubber is a totally different animal. Extreme spin on brush with fast bat. Extreme spin and extreme speed with a bang impact forward stroke.

Slow heavy spin easy to do and bounces high if you landed it deep. Powerloop will fall off a cliff late and not bounce up. Both are very troubling to cope with.

Topsheet very grippy. Also excellent soft defensive stroke results. Soft topspin touch defense (think lobbers, retrievers, allrounder) easy to do with light wrist and short stroke.

Ball does not rebound all crazy (only rebounds by what you did - zero additional) on the low/medium impacts, so chopping is easier to do than one would expect of an OFF rubber.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2020, 10:17 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks Der_Echte! :clap: :clap: :clap:

It sounds a little like Tibhar Hybrid K1.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2020, 04:49 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
I used MX-S on backhand for two blades, one is timo boll spirit, and one is innerforce layer zlc.

I've always like a boosted h3 neo (soft) on bh, 37-38 degree, problem is i dont like the reboosting process ,costly and the rubber dont last that long especially after second reboost, even the tackiness is affected by then which hinders me from sticking to it.

mxs somewhat let me relive that h3 neo bh era for a while after using t05 for a some time now.

like h3 neo, u better know how to use ur wrist on this rubber, to me rely alot on surface of rubber to produce the spin vs hitting through it, especially when taking serves, and third ball attack.

mx-s suites the zlc more than alc blades imo. If not for having the awesome t05 , mxs would be next best thing to me, seems like a durable rubber, even more than t05