OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 07:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Sriver-HE
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2018, 02:42 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

This HAS to be the cheapest rubber I've EVER come across on AliExpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Table-T ... 69288.html

If you pay a little more (er, I mean, if you pay about a little more than double), you can get it with the "BOER" brand and a fake ITTF stamp:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-1mm-T ... 91334.html

Tempted I am... :lol: Note they've removed two corners - must be "Provincial". Wonder what "Anti-Mucosal" means - though I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to wipe your nose on it.. :lol: The cover says "Vastly Anti Spin" - is this anti???? And I wonder what "Ausbrush" means (maybe it's fake German, even..). I like the names of the stores, too (I had to check it wasn't XVT or Chinese Ping Pong.. ) - "Super Climber Store" and "Sporting Enthusiasts Store". :lol:

Might there be a Sriver-SHE somewhere else on AliExpress?????? :lol:

Iskandar

Post subject: Re: Sriver-HE
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2018, 12:02 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I'm surprised they got it ITTF approved (I assume they did, right?), considering the name "Sriver" is part of the name, which is pretty obviously taking advantage of popularly of Butterfly Sriver.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2018, 12:23 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
Well, I don't think they did - no BOER or Sriver-HE (or SHE) in LARC 2018B.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2018, 15:44 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

ITTF APPROVAL IS NOW SOME UNNECESSARY FORMALITY ALL OVER UNITED KINGDOM. BLESSED NATION UK.

Britishers all got now rid of every nuisance concerning the presence of ITTF "stigmas" on the rubbers. ETTA has now adopted domestic Rules fairly slacked on the point. Any rubber is OK as long as it is within 4mm gap and not bubbled. So nice of ETTA, indeeed.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2018, 15:57 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

haggisv wrote:
I'm surprised they got it ITTF approved (I assume they did, right?), considering the name "Sriver" is part of the name, which is pretty obviously taking advantage of popularly of Butterfly Sriver.

I did say it was fake... :lol: It kinda LOOKS like it'd play OK.. I guess we'll find out, I ordered the $2.60 one.

I'm thinking, one way to make non-approved rubber like this that would sell like hotcakes (at least in China) would be to make it thicker than it ought to be - maybe 4.5 or 5mm thick, with 3mm sponge. You might not be able to sell it to people who play in tournaments but club/basement players might buy it if they see an advantage, particularly in China (where no one really cares anyway..). As long as the topsheet and sponge are decent (which you'd ensure if you get someone like 729 or 999 to OEM it). The reason is I don't think we've reached the maximum thickness of rubber which would be controllable with the new 40+ ball yet.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2018, 17:21 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
igorponger wrote:
ITTF APPROVAL IS NOW SOME UNNECESSARY FORMALITY ALL OVER UNITED KINGDOM. BLESSED NATION UK.

Britishers all got now rid of every nuisance concerning the presence of ITTF "stigmas" on the rubbers. ETTA has now adopted domestic Rules fairly slacked on the point. Any rubber is OK as long as it is within 4mm gap and not bubbled. So nice of ETTA, indeeed.

Really, when was that announced?

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2018, 19:38 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

haggisv wrote:
igorponger wrote:

Really, when was that announced?

He made it up... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2018, 21:59 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
A real announcement from TTE (no such thing as ETTA any more) concerns the positive decision to fund table tennis for the 2020 Olympics. I suspect they will need to observe ITTF rules for that. :lol:

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2018, 01:40 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Interesting. At some point when I wasn't playing, USTTA turned into USATT. Wonder why they did that.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2018, 02:27 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Hee hee hee hee hee….

https://pt.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 79469.html

Oh wait.. why is this in Portugese ???

"Tung wood plus carbon fiber." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2018, 05:53 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

SOME BAD NEWS FOR ALL ENGLAND's PINGPANG FOLKS

viewtopic.php?p=296253&sid=8e80154b5938a6671654517e231d603e#p296253

Friends,
I do have now to recant of my earlier publication as foregoing in this thread.
I just got a reliable confutation, some distressing news ---> England is not "favored nation" any more.
According to the late reports from our good-fellow Debater
-- England's all inhabitants were recently disallowed of using BOER products anywhere inside UK, and frictionless pimples is now becoming a forbidden fruit for all domestic competitions whatever.

So bad of ETTA, indeed..

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2018, 12:10 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Ah, I finally get it.. Igor thinks I'm from England... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2018, 17:38 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

While Sriver-HE is cheap and might be useful for a loaner bat, even if it isn't ITTF approved, I can't see the point of THIS:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-qu ... 96127.html

Also not ITTF approved, but a whopping $18.99 per sheet. Note the four different versions in the different colored packages - red, green, blue, yellow. This is copycatting what? Palio AK47 I think.. :lol: And it costs WAY more than AK47. No mention at all about what the different colored sponges are for, even.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2019, 02:12 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

The Sriver HE arrived. I ordered the $2.60 one, but what arrived was the $5 version, complete with fake ITTF stamp! I must say, the PACKAGING looks first class. Something that wouldn't be out of place on one of the higher end 729 or DHS rubbers - outer cellophane envelope with tiny "BOER" logos printed diagonally all over it (kind of like you get on the cellophane wrap on Yinhe blades), rainbow hologram lettering on the cardboard... The rubber does look a little, er, well, I see blemishes on the surface and the topsheet is slightly bigger than the sponge along the top. It's got a thin plastic protector sheet but isn't tacky. It'll probably be a while before I get to try it, I just mounted Rakza 7 on one of my blades to see what that's like, and that comes first. And after that comes Bloom Power and Bloom Spin.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2019, 02:27 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
iskandar taib wrote:
The Sriver HE arrived. I ordered the $2.60 one, but what arrived was the $5 version, complete with fake ITTF stamp! I must say, the PACKAGING looks first class. Something that wouldn't be out of place on one of the higher end 729 or DHS rubbers - outer cellophane envelope with tiny "BOER" logos printed diagonally all over it (kind of like you get on the cellophane wrap on Yinhe blades), rainbow hologram lettering on the cardboard... The rubber does look a little, er, well, I see blemishes on the surface and the topsheet is slightly bigger than the sponge along the top. It's got a thin plastic protector sheet but isn't tacky. It'll probably be a while before I get to try it, I just mounted Rakza 7 on one of my blades to see what that's like, and that comes first. And after that comes Bloom Power and Bloom Spin.

One picture (well, maybe, a few) is worth a thousand words ;)