OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2019, 12:27 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
iskandar taib wrote:
Again.. in what way are 01, 07, 15 etc. different from each other?

Well the main difference with the 07 series, is that it's made in Japan (except the tacky which is made in China), the others are made in Germany.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2019, 01:16 
Super User

Blade: Xiom Michelangelo
FH: andro Rasanter R48
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 25 FX
Review of Victas VJC 07 Sticky Extra: https://youtu.be/h838I_1qwUQ

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2019, 02:32 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

haggisv wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
Again.. in what way are 01, 07, 15 etc. different from each other?

Well the main difference with the 07 series, is that it's made in Japan (except the tacky which is made in China), the others are made in Germany.

Well, OK, but in practical terms - when would I want a 01 as opposed to a 15 or a 07 etc.? What are the physical differences?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2019, 01:50 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
How is 07 Sticky Extra compared to Chinese-made hybrids, such as Battle II, Big Dipper, etc?

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2019, 01:59 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Or for that matter, Tibhar's Hybrids (K1, K2, etc.)? Or even Thor's?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2019, 15:45 
Super User

Blade: Joola Xylo 7
FH: Battle 2 National 38
BH: TTR-Killer
ziv wrote:
How is 07 Sticky Extra compared to Chinese-made hybrids, such as Battle II, Big Dipper, etc?

I've played only with the B2 from those you listed. (also haven't played with the Tibhars..)
Overall 07 Sticky Extra is very different from B2.
I would say that it's a little faster and a little less linear on kill shots. Killing underspin with a strong loop was easier for me with the B2 cause the 07SE tends to throw it a couple of meters out sometimes :rofl: . Somehow the sponge has some kind of a hidden power and when you don't use it the right way - off it goes :lol:
Rhe biggest difference is the topsheet. The B2 has a very tacky and hard topsheet and the 07SE has a slightly tacky and soft topsheet.
Both are very good in the short game but the feeling and the shots are very different. It's really hard to compare those two - you can do most of the things with both of them but in a very different way.
It'll be easier for me to compare them by elements (but the rubbers are different - you need different technique for the same results sometimes. And the feeling is very different):
Serve was better with the B2 for me. I would say that the under/side-under/no-spin/side serves are great with both rubbers, but I struggle with the top-variations with the 07SE more. Somehow can't adapt to the soft topsheet. I still struggle to play a good kick-serve with this rubber - and I had those on lock with the B2 :(
Serve receive may be a slight edge for the 07SE cause it's a little easier to ignore the opponent's spin.
Short game - both excellent.
Block - probably the same, but the 07SE feels like you have a little more dwell time.
Hitting is easier with the 07SE, although the i found the B2 very good in this regard too. But it just seems that the 07SE has more top-end speed.
Looping against a block - just the same for me. The feeling and the way you do is different - I rate the result(consistency, spin, speed) the same.
Looping against underspin - the B2 was better for me in this regard. It just felt and played like a traditional chinese rubber. You need more precision for this with the 07SE. Not when slow looping, but when engaging the sponge more. It's just that the B2 sponge is so linear that you can be 100% sure what will happen. The 07SE still surprises me sometimes.
Counertlooping - I would say that it's easy with both of them. The B2 more linear again, but the with the 07SE is easier to counter with more sidespin for me.
Chopping - hands down easier with the 07SE.

Well, that's how those two stand for me. I would say that if we compare the price to performance ration - the B2 wins hands down. But overall for me both rubbers are both great. It's really easier for me to chop with the 07SE and it also is very strong in the other aspects of the game.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2019, 19:49 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I suppose Battle II is also a great deal cheaper than the Victas.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2019, 15:10 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Just looking through the list of most popular rubbers (among professional players, I'd assume) here:

https://tabletennis.guide/goods.php?&se ... ity&page=1

(I was actually looking to see what Hashimoto Honoka was using..)

The ONLY Victas rubber listed was V>15 Extra, at #13 (Hashimoto-san uses it), with four users (Niwa Koki also uses it). From this, I'd assume that this is the hardest of the V>15s, and the spinniest and hardest of all the Victas rubbers (note that V>07 Sticky Extra is the hardest of the V>07s). And the V>15s are somehow better (more "professional" in the way that Tibhar Evolutions are more "professional" than other Tibhar inverted rubbers) than V>01 and V>07. I wonder if that really is the case.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2019, 18:52 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Here is the detailed review and comparison of the Victas VJ > 07 Limber, Regular, Stiff, Sticky Extra from the person that received the samples. it took a while to get the review done, but it's very detailed.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2019, 04:12 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe MC2
FH: Yinhe Jupiter 3 39deg
BH: Victas Ventus Extra
haggisv wrote:
Here is the detailed review and comparison of the Victas VJ > 07 Limber, Regular, Stiff, Sticky Extra from the person that received the samples. it took a while to get the review done, but it's very detailed.

thanks for the link haggis! The reviewer seems like has played with a v15 also... Maybe he can tell us what are the differences between the v7 and the v15 of the same flavour.

I find the v15limber's throw angle quite high compared to my v15stiff which i absolutely love. In fact, I find the v15stiff superior in every way to the v15limber!

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2019, 03:04 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

That's the sort of review that I wish I could write, but I can't.. :lol: Mainly because I find differences between rubbers subtle and hard to describe.

For academic purposes, I, too, want to know what the difference is between 01, 07 and 15. I'm not looking to buy any of them (not until someone makes some outrageous claim about one of them.. :lol: ), but I'd like to make sense of why Victas is selling these three lines, and what the difference between the lines are.

Iskandar