OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 10 Dec 2019, 06:10

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2019, 23:45 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Stiga Carbonado 90
FH: Galaxy Jupiter II 2,2 mm
BH: DMS Diabolic ES 1,2 mm
After some testing I found that Yinhe/Galaxy Jupiter II worked very good for me. It is rather soft both sponge and top sheet so no need for boosting more than it comes from the factory. It may not be just as tacky as H3 but it can generate lots of spin since it is softer. And it has good speed on high impact, but is also controlled in blocking and short game. Blocking is perhaps bot has good as H3 but good enough for me (may be blade dependent). Serving is very good as well as looping against back spin.

Only weak part would perhaps be smashing, but I am not a smasher so someone else has to fill in here.

Anyway - this rubber is well worth a try and it has tremensous value per invested dollar since it is rather cheap.

I will have to report back on durability but so far, 3 months, has not caused any major differences in behavoiur of this rubber. So I am very happy :).

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2019, 17:12 
Super User

T4 Racket Coverings wrote:
6. Gloss (shininess)
An acceptable surface is one whose measurement of 60 degree specular gloss using ASTM procedure D523 does not exceed 24* gloss units.

M-ATTACK Yinhe. The real "matt" topshit. Luminosity reduced down to 14 Gloss Units.
DHS Hurricane3 insane glisten of 22 Units to hurt your eyes.

Attachment:
M-ATTACK_Yinhe.jpg
M-ATTACK_Yinhe.jpg [ 142.9 KiB | Viewed 326 times ]

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2019, 17:43 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Donic Li Ping Kitex
FH: DHS 651
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs OX
Not sure what your point is, on several levels:

1) How is this related to the topic?
2) Other than rubber whose photograph you provided being from the same manufacturer as the rubber mention in the previous comment, how does it relate to the most recent discussions on this thread?
3) Both numbers you cite (14 and 22) are *lower* than the number you cite from the racket coverings spec, so again, what's your point? That they're within acceptable parameters?
4) And most importantly, the spec actually cites a *percentage* - which is complete nonsense. Percentages are used as a measure of reflection of incident light, as an *alternative* to gloss units, for exceptionally lustrous surfaces.

So... other than being off topic, irrelevant, and fundamentally confused with respect to using the units for specular reflection (although I grant you didn't write them), what exactly was your point?

Read my blog: "LordCope's Latest Learnings Log": http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=24452

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2019, 10:01 

Quote:
So, what are your experiece when it comes to what rubber can generate the most spin with ABS-balls? Is it softer grippy Euro-japaneese rubbers or tacky chineese?

Tacky chinese. Specifically the mega boosted ones from the factory. eg: Big Dipper. Lasts for ages and plays well even when the booster is gone. In fact I've got a multi year old sheet on my blade right now and it's much spinnier than Mantra or Mx-p, even though those are only a few months old. Although this big dipper is so old it no longer has any tack, it wasn't stored in my closet with a protector sheet. Yet it's still mega spinny.

H8 is also spinnier than the euro rubbers, but harder and not as nice to play with as the boosted rubbers. I think the heavily factory boosted rubbers are the way to go.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2019, 10:59 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

LordCope wrote:
So... other than being off topic, irrelevant, and fundamentally confused with respect to using the units for specular reflection (although I grant you didn't write them), what exactly was your point?

This H3 topshit - it's too bright my precious.. take it away!!! It burnses our eyeses!! It burnses! It burnses!! Gollum gollum. :lol:

Iskandar