OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2019, 21:12 

Blade: Viscaria FL
FH: BlueStar A2, black max
BH: Bluestorm Pro, red max
I see quite a few mentions of H3. However, the two H3 rubbers I have ordered last year, were not very sticky at all. I am pretty sure they were genuine. Some forum threads say there were some issues in the manufacturing process. Is this still a problem?

On another note, am I disadvantaged by playing with a virtually non tacky H3? Would it be worthwhile for me to replace it with a different rubber that is actually tacky? I don't really think that's the case but I am wondering about your opinions.

Funny enough, the H3 that came on my DHS X4002 bat which is now 3 years old, is still quite tacky. :D

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2019, 21:20 

Blade: DHS 7
FH: DMS Firestorm Black 1,8
BH: TMsponge /Globe979 sponge
dan wrote:
I see quite a few mentions of H3. However, the two H3 rubbers I have ordered last year, were not very sticky at all. I am pretty sure they were genuine. Some forum threads say there were some issues in the manufacturing process. Is this still a problem?

On another note, am I disadvantaged by playing with a virtually non tacky H3? Would it be worthwhile for me to replace it with a different rubber that is actually tacky? I don't really think that's the case but I am wondering about your opinions.

Funny enough, the H3 that came on my DHS X4002 bat which is now 3 years old, is still quite tacky. :D

I have now played with this rubber Double Fish QIJI , and found it better than Exiom Omega 7 Europe, which was my last rubber I played with.Excellent controll, excellence in all areas.Double Fish hade made World class rubber

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2019, 21:23 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Gigant wrote:
dan wrote:

I have now played with this rubber Double Fish QIJI , and found it better than Exiom Omega 7 Europe, which was my last rubber I played with.Excellent controll, excellence in all areas.Double Fish hade made World class rubber

Cool. Where can you buy it?

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2019, 21:38 

Blade: Viscaria FL
FH: BlueStar A2, black max
BH: Bluestorm Pro, red max
Def-attack wrote:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Double- ... 76205.html

I might give this rubber a go myself when it's time for me to put a new bat together and after more people test it out. :)

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2019, 23:01 

Blade: Gambler IM8 Hinoki
FH: Gambler Burst
BH: Gambler Mech Tek
I've been playing Gambler Burst with Thor's Hammer sponge and find it to be a much more powerful take on H3 Neo. Higher throw and speed, feels softer and more controllable (not sure why it's faster and feels more controllable, but I'll take it), and equal spin to H3 Neo. Very good speed and ease of use for a Chinese rubber. I know you can get it from Zeropong and from Colestt but don't know the best way to get it internationally.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2019, 00:18 

Def-attack wrote:
Gigant wrote:
dan wrote:

Aliexpress, Double Fish QIJI this rubber repair itselvs and keeps it sticky It's magical I have this in my second racket and Reflection 1,2 mm

Last edited by Gigant on 20 Mar 2019, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2019, 09:22 

Def-attack wrote:
Gigant wrote:
dan wrote:

If you are in the UK, we are the official partner for Double Fish.

https://www.ttequipment.co.uk/product/double-fish-qi-ji-rubber/

Also bear in mind that when looking for the QiJi rubber there are 3 versions available. We stock our favourite version as reviewed by Andy Smith, but we also have access to all 3 should you wish to try a harder sponge or the new version.

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=84310&KW=Qi+Ji+Review&title=double-fish-qi-ji-review

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2019, 14:31 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

0x556c69 wrote:
And here I thought "lifting the ball" means something like this:

Oh.. if that's what you mean, well, yeah, you can't do that with Tenergy. At least I've never seen Boll do that.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2019, 20:29 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Well, I ordered a Doube Fish QiJi with a soft sponge (37-39) and also a Yinhe Jupiter with a 37 or 38 sponge. Looking forward to try these with tha ABS-ball, along with my H3, H3-50 and H8. But it will take a few weeks before I have done this... Then I'll report back here.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2019, 23:00 

Blade: Stiga Def Classic
FH: Tibhar MX-P 2.0mm
BH: Hallmark Tactics 0X
I like the 729 bloom spin. I have tried H3 and Battle II previously, but i like this rubber more.
And it says on the rubber that its "for plastic ball" so it must be good right? :lol:

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2019, 23:53 

Def-attack wrote:
Well, I ordered a Doube Fish QiJi with a soft sponge (37-39) and also a Yinhe Jupiter with a 37 or 38 sponge. Looking forward to try these with tha ABS-ball, along with my H3, H3-50 and H8. But it will take a few weeks before I have done this... Then I'll report back here.

You will surely like Qiji Pro the rubber.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2019, 04:34 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Today I tried Double Fish Qiji in hardness 37-39. It was extremly curled, like the sponge was a lot smaller than the top sheet. And its red sponge felt rather hard. It really need some boosting before I can play with it again. Top sheet felt kind of nice, similar to Yasaka Rising Dragon, a litle tacky but not shiny.

I will boost it and try it later.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2019, 04:47 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
ootbs wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
Gambler Reflectoid is supposed to have above-average tack, is soft, and also light-weight... However, it's super-slow.... I'm waiting to get my hand on one, for a while now, but availability is an issue, for me.

I've been using Reflectoid for years. Not that tacky, but it performs well with the ABS ball. Slow speed/high control.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2019, 05:05 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

mynamenotbob wrote:
ootbs wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
Gambler Reflectoid is supposed to have above-average tack, is soft, and also light-weight... However, it's super-slow.... I'm waiting to get my hand on one, for a while now, but availability is an issue, for me.

I've been using Reflectoid for years. Not that tacky, but it performs well with the ABS ball. Slow speed/high control.

Just a little difficult to buy...

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2019, 10:03 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Def-attack wrote:
Today I tried Double Fish Qiji in hardness 37-39. It was extremly curled, like the sponge was a lot smaller than the top sheet. And its red sponge felt rather hard. It really need some boosting before I can play with it again. Top sheet felt kind of nice, similar to Yasaka Rising Dragon, a litle tacky but not shiny.

I will boost it and try it later.

The cause of this is either the rubber is really old, or they didn't allow the sponge to age and shrink before mating it to the topsheet. Palio sheets (in particular, Yasaka ZAP and CJ8000) were really bad for this.

Iskandar