OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:46

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2019, 23:45 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
After some testing I found that Yinhe/Galaxy Jupiter II worked very good for me. It is rather soft both sponge and top sheet so no need for boosting more than it comes from the factory. It may not be just as tacky as H3 but it can generate lots of spin since it is softer. And it has good speed on high impact, but is also controlled in blocking and short game. Blocking is perhaps bot has good as H3 but good enough for me (may be blade dependent). Serving is very good as well as looping against back spin.

Only weak part would perhaps be smashing, but I am not a smasher so someone else has to fill in here.

Anyway - this rubber is well worth a try and it has tremensous value per invested dollar since it is rather cheap.

I will have to report back on durability but so far, 3 months, has not caused any major differences in behavoiur of this rubber. So I am very happy :).

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2019, 17:12 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

T4 Racket Coverings wrote:
6. Gloss (shininess)
An acceptable surface is one whose measurement of 60 degree specular gloss using ASTM procedure D523 does not exceed 24* gloss units.

M-ATTACK Yinhe. The real "matt" topshit. Luminosity reduced down to 14 Gloss Units.
DHS Hurricane3 insane glisten of 22 Units to hurt your eyes.

Attachment:
M-ATTACK_Yinhe.jpg
M-ATTACK_Yinhe.jpg [ 142.9 KiB | Viewed 4559 times ]

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2019, 17:43 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
Not sure what your point is, on several levels:

1) How is this related to the topic?
2) Other than rubber whose photograph you provided being from the same manufacturer as the rubber mention in the previous comment, how does it relate to the most recent discussions on this thread?
3) Both numbers you cite (14 and 22) are *lower* than the number you cite from the racket coverings spec, so again, what's your point? That they're within acceptable parameters?
4) And most importantly, the spec actually cites a *percentage* - which is complete nonsense. Percentages are used as a measure of reflection of incident light, as an *alternative* to gloss units, for exceptionally lustrous surfaces.

So... other than being off topic, irrelevant, and fundamentally confused with respect to using the units for specular reflection (although I grant you didn't write them), what exactly was your point?

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2019, 10:01 

Quote:
So, what are your experiece when it comes to what rubber can generate the most spin with ABS-balls? Is it softer grippy Euro-japaneese rubbers or tacky chineese?

Tacky chinese. Specifically the mega boosted ones from the factory. eg: Big Dipper. Lasts for ages and plays well even when the booster is gone. In fact I've got a multi year old sheet on my blade right now and it's much spinnier than Mantra or Mx-p, even though those are only a few months old. Although this big dipper is so old it no longer has any tack, it wasn't stored in my closet with a protector sheet. Yet it's still mega spinny.

H8 is also spinnier than the euro rubbers, but harder and not as nice to play with as the boosted rubbers. I think the heavily factory boosted rubbers are the way to go.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2019, 10:59 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

LordCope wrote:
So... other than being off topic, irrelevant, and fundamentally confused with respect to using the units for specular reflection (although I grant you didn't write them), what exactly was your point?

This H3 topshit - it's too bright my precious.. take it away!!! It burnses our eyeses!! It burnses! It burnses!! Gollum gollum. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2019, 00:11 

Blade: DHS TG7-CP
FH: Joola Golden Tango PS
BH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
A semi-tacky Joola Golden Tango PS that I've tried is the spinniest rubber with ABS ball I've seen so far. Especially on serves, I think

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2019, 20:28 

Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao II
FH: DHS Hurricane III NEO Pro
BH: Nittaku FastArc-G1
I have a two month old skyline TG2 Neo sheet that held a ball over night (7-8 hours) before I had to actually leave and take my equipment with me. I’m sure that thing would still be holding now if I didn’t have to go...

I use Nittaku sheet protectors and only use my breath for cleaning after play. The rubber sees ~6 hours of play a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2019, 12:27 

Blade: Spinlord Ultra Carbon Def
FH: Digniss 09C 2.1 mm
BH: Spinlord Dornenglanz 2 ox
As you describe your setup and style try Ynghe Big Dipper and you'll have a great surprise. I am using one of these rubbers with maximum sponge on FH and LP ox on BH. I have the same style def close to the table combined with soft loops. The feeling is great. Try this rubber and believe me it's not expensive and you'll be pleased. Good Luck !

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2020, 02:55 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

If you look on Yinhe's website you'll see new versions of Big Dipper (probably different sponge). Problem is I can't find any of them on any of my regular sources.

I think it's time to check back with Gambler - I was wanting to get some sheets of their new Volt-M and Volt-T rubbers with the new Otoro sponge. Mek-tek 9 with the Otoro sponge is already available.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2020, 01:30 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
igorponger wrote:
6. Gloss (shininess)
An acceptable surface is one whose measurement of 60 degree specular gloss using ASTM procedure D523 does not exceed 24* gloss units.

M-ATTACK Yinhe. The real "matt" topshit. Luminosity reduced down to 14 Gloss Units.

Attachment:
M-ATTACK_Yinhe.jpg

Lmao this post cracks me up , luminosity and all , 24 gloss units, ur saying shiny rubbers are bad?

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2020, 10:33 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

He enjoys going off on weird tangents. And he's using some sort of machine translator, which have gotten better over the years but still give weird results.

I hear Gollum when I read Igor's posts.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 13 May 2022, 03:29 

ziv wrote:
I've played with Big Dipper and Apollo 5, and for me both of them provide more spin than ESN rubbers on serves.
Apollo 5 is also Lister than many Chinese rubbers, according to my memory.

Other options that I've tried but didn't like that much include Battle II, Sanwei Target National, Tibhar K1 Euro...

Can you compare Big Dipper and Apollo 5 for speed, spin, and arc? I'm wondering which one is overall faster

PostPosted: 13 May 2022, 05:15 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

ITTF approved rubbers as found in the most recent LARC April -June 2022.
Attachment:
2022-05-12 ITTF-Equipments.jpg
2022-05-12 ITTF-Equipments.jpg [ 429.49 KiB | Viewed 1849 times ]

Rubber mill goes on and on.

PostPosted: 13 May 2022, 17:10 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

kim biceps wrote:
igorponger wrote:
6. Gloss (shininess)

Attachment:
M-ATTACK_Yinhe.jpg

Lmao this post cracks me up , luminosity and all , 24 gloss units, ur saying shiny rubbers are bad?

Not to mention "topshit" again.. :lol: :lol: :lol: And I don't see why he posted that last graphic - it's completely unreadable.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 13 May 2022, 22:46 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
Back to def-attack's original question. I know you are looking at chinese rubbers, but I have to say after years or trying tacky topsheets with softer sponges, that once I tried a harder sponge (currently razka Z w 50 degree sponge) I am never going back to softer sponges.

Cole has had some samples of his Air rubbers on harder sponges as well.

Have you (def attack) tried H3 provincial or national? I have not, but that may be an option, albeit expensive.