OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:29

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 10 May 2019, 04:10 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Unfortunately, not in Australia.. :lol: Chances are they'll just send me what they have anyhow. Can't say I've experienced Rakza 7 bottoming out, but neither I not my opponents hits THAT hard... I guess I'll find out.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 17 May 2019, 03:17 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Something to go with your Corbor… :lol:

https://sea.banggood.com/216Pcs-5mm-Col ... rehouse=CN

Iskandar

PostPosted: 31 May 2019, 19:17 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

By the way, the Tornado arrived today. I'll be putting this on one of my blades in the coming weeks, but first impression is that it's quite a bit harder than Rakza 7 (just squeezing the rubber). Really smells like a tire shop, too.. :lol: I'll weigh it and post the weight.

I asked for Med Soft, they sent Med Hard. I suppose they probably ship whatever they have in stock. Eacheng would not do this, they'd send a message to ask me if it were OK first.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 31 May 2019, 21:04 

Blade: Yinhe V5 Kiso-Hinoki
FH: H3
BH: Sanwei Target National
I have some small update too.

During that time I bought falco long booster (for the first time) and put it on already cut and tested Reactor Thunder. Just on the bare sponge. My intention was not to add any speed but simply "break" the rubber cause I sort of hate that one week of play time until rubber settles.
So I put 1 thin layer. Nothing happened in half of a day. Then I put one more thicker layer (in total less than 2g) and the next morning rubber curved by just 1 cm high. That's it. Left to sit there for a week. It flattened maybe by 70% (almost flat with "center sweet spot" few mm raised) and then glued.

It is now my fav BH rubber. It became faster and softer (feels 1 step softer and faster than H3N 39 degrees) but still retaining that Chinese linear rubber effect. (Still I think I could use less oil to reduce speed). Even though rubber does not have crazy springiness but now I could lift up balls from lower position comparing to "unboosted". That is so cool. Thunder is a little to none tacky, so in the end of the training it's still playable. Does not collect much dust. I wish they make it like that out of packet.

Blade I made this discovery with was Fextra VII. Basically BH - black Thunder; limba x 2, ayous x 3, limba x 2; FH - red H3 Neo. All that 189g.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2019, 02:47 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Incidentally - Tornado V5 is on sale. USD8.08.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32827542809.html

I ordered a sheet this afternoon, to my surprise I got an email in about half an hour saying it had shipped. Apparently there's a choice of sponge - Med Hard and Med Soft. From previous experience, you may not get what you ask for, it probably depends on what's in stock. If it were Eacheng they'd message you and ask you if it's OK if they send you the one you didn't ask for, XVT doesn't do that.

By the way, I've got a review of sorts of Tornado (and Octopus and Red Dragon) posted on my Training Rubbers thread.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2019, 21:17 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I recall, in the past, seeing rubber sheets for $1-2 apiece on alibaba.com (not aliexpress) - this is the Business to Business website run by the company that also runs aliexpress. So I went and looked up the company that makes Reactor rubber:

https://yc-ast.en.alibaba.com/?spm=a270 ... 26795DaUP1

They're located in Yancheng, Jiangsu province. It's a little north of Shanghai (where DHS is), on the coast (most stuff seems to be on or near the coast in China) towards the south of China. Most other table tennis rubber manufacturers (Yinhe, 729, 999) seem to be in Tianjin, much further north, on the coast near Beijing (which is inland). Tianjin seems to the Akron of China (lots of rubber products come from there, not just table tennis rubber).

Looks like Reactor's current product line consists of four inverted sheets - Corbor, Ckylin, Tornado and Thunder - at least, what they offer on their part of Alibaba. Can you buy rubber sheets for a dollar? No, but close. $1.30 a sheet if you want 100 sheets. Or $1.80 a sheet if you want 10!. Shipping for 10 sheets seems to be $15 (Express DHL) so it'll cost $3.20 a sheet shipped. More or less what you can get it for on AliExpress if you look around, though, and you don't need to buy 10 pieces. If you buy 100 pieces, though... it comes down to $1.74 a sheet, shipping included. Hmmm....

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 4878A8xtwb

Tornado V5:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 99609.html

10 sheets for $35 + $47 shipping, which means something like $8.30 a sheet. Again, about what you'd pay on AliExpress. But:

https://yc-ast.en.alibaba.com/product/6 ... ubber.html

Here it's vague.. the price is listed as "$2 - $4". Minimum quantity 300 (!). Shipping not specified. What's interesting is if you buy a minimum of 500 sheets you can get a CUSTOM LOGO (not sure if this is printed on the rubber itself or on the packaging). Also interesting is a "Request Free Sample" button! :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2019, 22:36 

Blade: Yinhe V5 Kiso-Hinoki
FH: H3
BH: Sanwei Target National
Skyline 3-60 H37 seems to be working best for me as per my last 100hrs of play. Incomparably better than any reactor one. Sad but true. Reactor are good in the beginning and them going down after 2 weeks, hence the price.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!