OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 10 Apr 2024, 16:03

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: TinArc 3 vs AK47 Red
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2019, 20:30 

Blade: Yinhe V5 Kiso-Hinoki
FH: H3
BH: Sanwei Target National
Hey,

Could you guys please compare these two rubbers? "DHS TinArc 3", 2.1mm, H37, black versus "DHS Palio AK47 Red", 2.2mm H45-47, black

Thanks

Post subject: Re: TinArc 3 vs AK47 Red
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2019, 20:59 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

TinArc 3 has been around for donkeys years. AK47 Red came out maybe 2 years ago. So that makes AK47 Red a lot better... :lol:

(Actually the AK47 topsheet has been around for ages, too... I've actually used TinArc 3 AND AK47 - albeit the blue version - but I'm the last person you'd ask to compare rubbers. All I remember of both sheets is that they were usable - which is true of 95% of the rubbers I've tried.)

Iskandar

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2019, 21:05 

Blade: Yinhe V5 Kiso-Hinoki
FH: H3
BH: Sanwei Target National
iskandar taib wrote:
TinArc 3 has been around for donkeys years.

Yep, have you tried?

I played AK47 Red today and did not like it (too bouncy for me). While TinArc is sitting in my shopping cart I decided to ask to avoid disappointment again.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2019, 02:25 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

It's supposed to be DHS's attempt at duplicating a Tensor, and I remember reading on DHS's web site that it's sponge was quite a bit softer than what they use on H3. You can probably get it for less if you buy directly from China, too (under $20, probably under $15 if you look around, including shipping). Or you could get AK47 Blue (I _think_ this is the softest of the AK47s, and the one people mostly talk about, while Red is the hardest, with Yellow in between). Also be aware there's a TinArc 5, and the original numberless TinArc ( 1? :lol: ), and also GoldArc 3 and GoldArc 5 (or was it 8? Or both? Can't remember any more :lol: ). I've used TinArc 5 even more recently than TinArc 3 (because it was on deep sale one day), can't remember all that much about it either (other than it had a tacky-rubber-type "protector sheet" on it) .... :lol: I think I posted about both of them in my long "Training Rubber" thread. The packaging is really high class, too... embossed cardboard, plus there's some sort of informational insert about the various sponges they use.. and if I recall correctly my sheet of TinArc 3 had the corners removed, just like they do with H3 (maybe there's "National Version" TinArc 3 with intact corners... who knows...).

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?ca ... ext=TinArc

(I keep wondering what the DHS marketing people were thinking when they came up with that name.... maybe it means something profound in Chinese.)

Iskandar

PostPosted: 03 May 2019, 14:14 

Blade: BBC Nine
FH: Andro Rasanter R47 - Max
BH: Nittaku Best Anti - 1.8
iskandar taib wrote:
(I keep wondering what the DHS marketing people were thinking when they came up with that name.... maybe it means something profound in Chinese.)

Iskandar

Looking at the GoldArc series, maybe metal Tin has some special meaning/properties they want to highlight

PostPosted: 03 May 2019, 14:24 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Wouldn't SilverArc make more sense? :lol: I suppose when they want something above GoldArc they'd have PlatinumArc, and then TitaniumArc. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2020, 13:49 
Super User

fmarek wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
TinArc 3 has been around for donkeys years.

Yep, have you tried?

I played AK47 Red today and did not like it (too bouncy for me). While TinArc is sitting in my shopping cart I decided to ask to avoid disappointment again.

I've been playing with the AK-47 Red for almost a week now, mostly on my FH, and I don't find it too bouncy/springy ... Oddly, when I twiddle and play with it on my BH, I find it too bouncy, for my liking ... That being said, I still feel it's an awesome rubber, given the price-point.. Plays as well as some of rubbers which cost twice as much, or more..

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2020, 14:34 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I think one thing people forget to mention is what blade they have the rubber mounted on. Something that's too bouncy on a Viscaria might not be too bouncy on a M8. Not to mention that something too bouncy on a Viscaria for a 1100 level player might not be so to a 2100 level player. (Also, not to mention, that said 1100 level player might not be able to discern whether something is too bouncy or not... :lol: )

Iskandar

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2020, 03:09 

Blade: Yasaka Sweden Classic
FH: Yasaka Original Extra
BH: Xiom Mega
For Tin Arc, the correct translation from Chinese should be Sky Bow.
"Tin" is not a metal here, it is just the Chinese pronunciation of "Sky".