OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:29

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: 61 Second Thunder LM ST
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2019, 04:45 

Blade: Donic defplay senso v3
Can someone tell me about this rubber if its good, I want to get it for my forehand and I want to be able to push and chop and have a lot of control, if you can recommend me other rubbers in the same price range please tell me, here is the link of the rubber also I need info on choosing right thickness and hardness
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3263780 ... 875b56868a

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2019, 14:12 
Super User

Yellowleaf wrote:
if you can recommend me other rubbers in the same price range please tell me, here is the link of the rubber also I need info on choosing right thickness and hardness

I've played (for a brief period) with 61 Second Eagle (Max), and it seemed to give me pretty good control, and spin ... The good thing about 61 Second rubbers is that they're all available with multiple options for sponge thickness.... You could try it, with a 1.8° - 2.0° thickness...

I'm using Reactor Corbor (Max), and I feel its pretty good for pushing and chopping (Although, I don't do much of full-on chopping) ... The on-paper specs of Thunder and Corbor are similar'ish...

Reactor Ckylin is another one.... I've never played with it, but based on what I've heard/read, it could be another option for you...

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2019, 03:59 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Wow.. you're right. There's a huge variety of thicknesses and sponge hardnesses available on all of the 61 Second rubbers. This wasn't always true - two years ago they had Kangaroo and Eagle on sale, I bought 2-3 sheets. NO thickness option, and only two sponge hardnesses (med. soft, med. hard IIRC).

As for which one to buy - I'd go with the thickest sponge UNLESS you're using a balsa blade, or are a pips-out blocker/hitter (which wouldn't apply here... :lol: ). Hardness? Take your choice. I'd personally buy two sheets, one of which would be the hardest and one the softest, and then try them out back-to-back on the same blade, but that's just me. You might end up playing with the hard one on the forehand and the soft one on the backhand, or you might decide you might like the soft one on both sides (in which case you shell out another $10 and buy another sheet) or you might get totally confused and can't tell the difference between them (which I think is what will happen.. :lol: ).

By the way... stay away from Ckylin. If you're curious as to why.. well, then, BUY a sheet of Ckylin and find out. :lol: It's one of the very few rubbers that I can safely say feels WAY different to anything else I've ever tried, to the point that I couldn't use it at all. Just be prepared to wonder what they were thinking, what with all the "Chinese Blue Fire" nonsense.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2019, 14:50 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
By the way... stay away from Ckylin. If you're curious as to why.. well, then, BUY a sheet of Ckylin and find out. :lol: It's one of the very few rubbers that I can safely say feels WAY different to anything else I've ever tried, to the point that I couldn't use it at all. Just be prepared to wonder what they were thinking, what with all the "Chinese Blue Fire" nonsense. Iskandar

I've heard that Ckylin is quite slow, spinny, not bouncy - which all sounds good for chopping... Anyway, for now, I'm quite pleased with Corbor...

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2019, 03:21 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yeah, it MIGHT be OK for chopping. The closest to it would probably be Tackiness Chop (I had a sheet of THAT oh goodness me.. almost 40 years ago...)… It's very very very different from Corbor! The problem is you can ONLY get it in Max sponge!

Iskandar

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!