OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 07:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2019, 00:02 

Blade: viscaria
FH: rakza7
BH: rakza7
Hi all respected members,
i am currently using rakza7 on bh and mx-s on fh on viscaria blade, i use rakza7 in the bh since i feel it is better in lifting the backspin ball and placement is better in comparison to mx-s.

But i am finding mx-s too fast for me to handle since my fh topspins shoot off the table in the slight
fh action only while trying to hit any close ball...my fh topspin shots are fine if I hit away from the table.

rakza7 is working good on bh for lifting the backspin ball, ball placement, smashing and topspin rally close and away from the table.
it also works good on fh.

Hence i am looking for more better rubber for my fh [or bh] other then rakza7 [if none is better than rakza7 then i will go for rakza7 itself for fh too].

can someone please share his/her experience in some order [increasing or decreasing order] for rubbers rakza7, rakza7 soft, aurus, aurus select in following this.
-spin easy accessibility for slight motion/flick
-spin when sponge is activated from full motion/away from the table
-speed
-lifting the backspin
-control [ball can be placed wherever i want to place it, while doing pushing/flicking and topspin]
-blocking the topspin shots
-which is more bouncy on low impact and hence less control

i think speed can be compensated from the viscaria blade.

i have used following rubber in the past, so my experiences with them is:
-mx-p-------too fast/bouncy in high as well low impact, and hence uncontrollable for me
-vega pro---too slow [but i tried it on Xiom Offensive S blade, not sure how it will be on viscaria]

basically i am looking for a rubber better then rakza7 for fh or bh ....and then i will use my current rakza7 accordingly.

Thanks and Regards.

Last edited by vishal01 on 15 Oct 2019, 00:32, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2019, 00:13 
Super User

Didn't you ask about this before? With all due respect, both rubbers are similar enough that you cannot do with one and not the other. Neither are very expensive or uncontrollable by any means. Also, both are in the same speed range as the Vega Pro.

Rakza Soft-spin easy accessibility for slight motion/flick
Rakza-spin when sponge is activated from full motion/away from the table
Aurus-speed
All are equal-lifting the backspin
Rakza/Aurus-control [ball can be placed wherever i want to place it, while doing pushing/flicking and topspin]
Rakza/Aurus-blocking the topspin shots
Aurus Soft-which is more bouncy on low impact and hence less control

attacking backspin, placement control, and blocking are moreso related to technique than the rubber.

If you want to dive into details, the only difference is that Aurus topsheet is slightly softer than Rakza while the sponge is slightly harder.

I recommend the harder versions fore forehand.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2019, 00:31 

lasta wrote:
Didn't you ask about this before?

yes, both are similar question but not the same, but please don't take this otherwise!

i have bought the rakza7 after my previous query and it is going good so far in my practise sessions.

it is just that i am looking for a better rubber [since i want to move on with mx-s] than rakza7 in the all the below points/areas [sorry to repeat the list again]:
-spin easy accessibility for slight motion/flick
-spin when sponge is activated from full motion/away from the table
-speed
-lifting the backspin
-control [ball can be placed wherever i want to place it, while doing pushing/flicking and topspin]
-blocking the topspin shots
-which is more bouncy on low impact and hence less control

Thanks and Regards!

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2019, 01:42 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

That's what.. the third or fourth similar post in the last few days.. :lol: Ah well... I suppose it's part of what makes a table tennis forum.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2019, 10:12 
Super User

Blade: Hugo Calderano OFF+
FH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
BH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
The Rakza7 is significantly slower and softer in feel for me. I used both on a Viscaria and TB-ALC prviously and if you like the Rakza7 just flip it about and test it. I would just buy the Rakza7 for the FH in this case, or get a thinner sheet of MX-S. Alternatively you could get something like Andro Hexer Powergrip, I am really enjoying this for my game at the moment.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2019, 18:53 

iskandar taib wrote:
That's what.. the third or fourth similar post in the last few days.. :lol: Ah well... I suppose it's part of what makes a table tennis forum.

Iskandar

i don't think it is funny for someone to crystal clear his all doubts to choose the optimal setup and techniques!...
don't discourage !

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2019, 02:08 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Crystal clear? Doubts? :lol: You'll never get to that point, really. Why? Because rubbers are actually more similar to each other than they're different. It's not just one magic sheet that will work for you, or with a given blade, instead there are DOZENS. With little to choose between them. But it's fun to talk about them anyhow..

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2019, 06:56 

It is good fun to talk about rubbers, even more fun to try them out. My opinion (and remember eveything on this forum is just an opinion) is that the key to playing good table tennis is getting into position to play a proper stroke (be it a push, loop or drive or whatever). I have played mostly with donic tensors but have collected a few chinese setups along the way. A few weeks ago I took a c5 with friendship 729 on both sides to club night. I beat the players I usually beat, and lost to the players I normally lose to.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2019, 13:14 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

On a side note - Rakza 7 is a lot faster than I thought it was. To me it feels, well, normal to slightly slow-ish, I can control where I put the ball, I don't have any problems hitting the ball long with it, etc. But a few weeks ago I brought someone from the office to Social Doubles. This guy, a year or so ago, was getting pretty good, he could block and counter-loop my loops, mainly using Chinese rubbers like Yinhe 9000. He didn't bring a bat, and I found that my loaner bat had a case of topsheet separation blues. So I lent him the bat with Rakza 7 on in (a M8 of course). He could not keep the ball on the table. Every time he'd try to drive the ball it'd go long. So I loaned him my humid weather bat (999 both sides) and he happily played with it all evening.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2020, 05:12 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
iskandar taib wrote:
On a side note - Rakza 7 is a lot faster than I thought it was. To me it feels, well, normal to slightly slow-ish, I can control where I put the ball, I don't have any problems hitting the ball long with it, etc. But a few weeks ago I brought someone from the office to Social Doubles. This guy, a year or so ago, was getting pretty good, he could block and counter-loop my loops, mainly using Chinese rubbers like Yinhe 9000. He didn't bring a bat, and I found that my loaner bat had a case of topsheet separation blues. So I lent him the bat with Rakza 7 on in (a M8 of course). He could not keep the ball on the table. Every time he'd try to drive the ball it'd go long. So I loaned him my humid weather bat (999 both sides) and he happily played with it all evening.

Iskandar

haha tell me about it, my office started ping pong frenzy after the quarantine set, now everyone plays using old bat sets they have in their lockers, and when they try my bat, every ball overshot cause they keep saying i win cause of fresh rubbers and all.

( all of them start practicing with the bats they bought from shopee tho, mainly butterfly premade, caus ethey thought thats the best)

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2020, 05:34 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
vishal01 wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

i don't think it is funny for someone to crystal clear his all doubts to choose the optimal setup and techniques!...
don't discourage !

if u have the money man, just buy whatever interests you and on sale especially u can try alot, and that will clear your doubt by trying , reading reviews and hearing ppls opinion is fine and all, bu really not the same with trying. in my opinion backhand rubbers are mostly the same, smaller, more compact movements, they dont have as much components to fix compared to forehand. if u want genuine advice stick to one fh rubber and the bh one u can change every now and then to find a perfect one ( and stick to one blade too, or at least the same type)