OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 18:52

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2019, 02:49 

charmander defender wrote:
I see one advantage of 729 FX over Juic 999 Def . You can get 3 x 729 fx for the price of 1 x Juic 999 Def .......

Juic 999 Def though being great is at a clear disadvantage as 729 FX does a really good job for the price you pay .....

Agree???? :lol: :lol: :lol: , I'm sure Iskandar does !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree with you from the point that one EJ spends thousands on chip staff and another EJ spends
thousands on expensive staff. So if you buy the covering or the blade which lifts up your game
a few notches up then what you paid for it becomes secondary as you swallow costs which are
spiced with your euphoric feel.
I think Juic 999 will last at least a year so it sounds as quite a budget purchase. At the same time
there is an EJ's excitement of comparing the above two coverings. :cash: :D :D

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2019, 02:52 

redspot wrote:
I see one advantage of 729 FX over Juic 999 Def . You can get 3 x 729 fx for the price of 1 x Juic 999 Def .......

Juic 999 Def though being great is at a clear disadvantage as 729 FX does a really good job for the price you pay .....

Agree???? :lol: :lol: :lol: , I'm sure Iskandar does !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree with you from the point that one EJ spends thousands on chip staff and another EJ spends
thousands on expensive staff. So if you buy the covering or the blade which lifts up your game
a few notches up then what you paid for it becomes secondary as you swallow costs which are
spiced with your euphoric feel.
I think Juic 999 will last at least a year so it sounds as quite a budget purchase. At the same time
there is an EJ's excitement of comparing the above two coverings. :cash: :D :D

I am sorry, I meant cheap staff

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2019, 02:24 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Can you take a photo of your Juic 999's "headstamp" (i.e. ID area)? I'm just curious if it says "Juic", "999", or "Globe", or a combination of all three. I'm pretty sure it uses the old, venerable 999 topsheet, which is sticky as heck. I believe it's an older technology, using a less-vulcanized formulation. Be careful - if you store the rubber for 3-4 years the topsheet might melt, which makes a mess of your other bats stored together with the racket. Yes, it's happened to me.

The problem when faced with a problem as stated in the subject line is that it's sort of like Pokémon. Gotta try them all.. :lol: Otherwise, well, you never know if you'll come across something better.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2019, 05:10 

iskandar taib wrote:
Can you take a photo of your Juic 999's "headstamp" (i.e. ID area)? I'm just curious if it says "Juic", "999", or "Globe", or a combination of all three. I'm pretty sure it uses the old, venerable 999 topsheet, which is sticky as heck. I believe it's an older technology, using a less-vulcanized formulation. Be careful - if you store the rubber for 3-4 years the topsheet might melt, which makes a mess of your other bats stored together with the racket. Yes, it's happened to me.

The problem when faced with a problem as stated in the subject line is that it's sort of like Pokémon. Gotta try them all.. :lol: Otherwise, well, you never know if you'll come across something better.

Iskandar

It is a combination of all three. 999 was a favourite in 80 ies

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2019, 05:42 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Thanks Redspot. I'll put Juic 999 Def 1.0 mm on the list. I'm currently testing Sauer & Troeger Secret Flow Chop. After using the very slow 729FX, I'm getting points on my smash again. :)

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2019, 09:49 

mynamenotbob wrote:
Thanks Redspot. I'll put Juic 999 Def 1.0 mm on the list. I'm currently testing Sauer & Troeger Secret Flow Chop. After using the very slow 729FX, I'm getting points on my smash again. :)

S&T Secret Flow rubber is a quite nice covering to play with. I test it. But it is will change its character with the time as it is heavily
staffed with the chemicals. Approximately a week after putting it on the blade on the surface developed multiple spots. Juic 99 Def is a classic rubber from 80ties.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2020, 18:28 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Tried Spinlord Marder 1mm. First, there is excellent "blade-through" effect on TM, so that's a major plus. Not exactly zippy, but not as slow as 729 FX and Tackiness Chop. The heaviest 1mm rubber I've tried. FIVE GRAMS heavier than S&T Secret Flow. My wrist was a little sore afterward and the weight was enough to throw off the timing of my normally reliable forehand. Serves were OK. Smashes were good. Good blocking and pushing. If I can get the forehand topspins working consistently like in the video below, Marder might be a keeper. Will stick with this one for a bit.

Start at 3:02.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2020, 19:38 

Sorry, but what is "TM"? :^)

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2020, 19:43 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Iguana wrote:
Sorry, but what is "TM"? :^)

Sorry, TM = Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker long pips.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2020, 20:47 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
MNNB,what you did not like about Thibar SD 40 ?...

...was revisiting it yesterday,....I can topspin alright but it is a bit more difficult than normal inverted - I am using it in 0.5 mm),however, it is very versatile when I twiddle as the pushes and blocks are better and with a lot of control,....also, if I want to be more defensive the back spin is a lot heavier than with normal inverted ,....the back spin serves are trickier too ,....

yes,.. the pips - incredibly with a 0.5 sponge- are faster than with my current Nittaku in 1.2 mm. I guess it is the medium hard sponge that is causing the pips to be a bit faster ....

Maybe a good option could be to try the soft version of SD 40,...

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2020, 21:44 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

MNNB,what you did not like about Thibar SD 40 ?...

...was revisiting it yesterday,....I can topspin alright but it is a bit more difficult than normal inverted - I am using it in 0.5 mm),however, it is very versatile when I twiddle as the pushes and blocks are better and with a lot of control,....also, if I want to be more defensive the back spin is a lot heavier than with normal inverted ,....the back spin serves are trickier too ,....

yes,.. the pips - incredibly with a 0.5 sponge- are faster than with my current Nittaku in 1.2 mm. I guess it is the medium hard sponge that is causing the pips to be a bit faster ....

Maybe a good option could be to try the soft version of SD 40,...

Thank you. I have Tibhar SD40 in .5mm, but never tried it since you said it makes the pips faster. I need a good dampening effect to keep hard hits on the table. Marder excels at this. The problem for me is it has a flatter arc than I’m used to. The guy in the video can hit consistently with power. I was spraying those shots all over on my first session with the rubber. Strangely no problems with the arc when I twiddle to the backhand. I suspect I just need to come over the top slightly more on the forehand (and get used to the extra 5 grams).

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2020, 01:02 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
I see ColesTT has Air DefenderS now in 0.6 sponge. I am trying the 2.1 sponge version and this is a nice rubber. Not really tacky like reflectoid, but its cheap and very good quality to price ratio.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2020, 09:17 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
vanjr wrote:
I see ColesTT has Air DefenderS now in 0.6 sponge. I am trying the 2.1 sponge version and this is a nice rubber. Not really tacky like reflectoid, but its cheap and very good quality to price ratio.

Oooo defender S comes in 0.6? That's a fast rubber at normal sizes (IMO) so I bet that's pretty interesting.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions