OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 21:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2019, 02:44 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
iskandar taib wrote:
man_iii wrote:
Why not buy it compare ? :lol:

I found the rubber very low-throw, almost dead when trying to push close to the table near the net, had to play fast strokes almost horizontal and parallel to the table else the ball would fly off or fly into the net ...

After boosting it with J&J BO ... it became the most lively Chinese rubber I had played with to date.

I might. But I've got a long list of rubbers to try. And these days I don't stop using something until it's about dead. There's two rackets in my bag that still have life in them, one has Rakza 7 on it, the other has Three Sword Red Dragon and yellow Tuttle Octopus on it - I have to give those some playing time besides using my current bat with Bloom Power and Bloom Spin...

By the way, "dead" and "low-throw" is how EmRatThich describes "real pro" Chinese rubbers (meaning the H3 the Chinese National Team actually uses). So maybe you have a point here... such a rubber wouldn't be likeable for beginners or for hobbyists since they require Ma Long level power to work. Also Brett said that such rubbers are only really usable at the pro level when boosted to "insane levels".

J&J BO??? (As in Body Odor??? :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Iskandar

J&J BO as in Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2019, 13:33 

Blade: Nittaku Rorin
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
BH: -
does baby oil really work though? i heard somewhere that baby oil makes the sponge feel too mushy

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2019, 03:05 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

It doesn't cost very much to try it.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2019, 04:07 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
netdriver wrote:
does baby oil really work though? i heard somewhere that baby oil makes the sponge feel too mushy

This is my experience with Baby Oil. It makes soft / mid-hard rubbers "mushy". But applying Baby Oil on the Jupiter II and Omega V Asia has made both rubbers have longer dwell and contact for me ... By my standards both of these rubbers were super hard and uncontrollable until I did the Baby Oil treatment.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2019, 03:01 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Some related stuff here:

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=33416

Iskandar

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2019, 18:03 

Blade: Pingskills touch
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Yinhe Moon Pro
This is very similar to my situation, even in the amount of time played. Started off using the Euro setup hard blade, softer rubbers, but recently I tried out a cheap H3Neo rubber on a all-wood allround blade and felt like this is a better way to develop a full body loop. So the equipment junkie in me saw opportunity to buy more stuff.

Can anyone recommend a BH rubber to go with this? Livelier than the forehand and preferably of the friendship or yinhe variety.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2019, 01:46 

Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao II
FH: DHS Hurricane III NEO Pro
BH: Nittaku FastArc-G1
I would personally recommend Skyline 3-60, but if it must be Yinhe, try Mercury II. Good luck!

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2019, 03:13 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

CNT uses Tenergy 05 as a backhand rubber (rumor has it they order it with a harder sponge, and rumor also has it that they boost it on top of what it's already got). So I imagine something similar - non-tacky with some "glue effect", which would mean a Tensor-type rubber. For us players of lesser ability and fewer means, probably something softer than Tenergy, like Rakza 7 or even AK47 Blue or Focus III Snipe. Maybe this new 729 Presto.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2019, 20:08 

Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao II
FH: DHS Hurricane III NEO Pro
BH: Nittaku FastArc-G1
Not all members are using Tenergy 05 on the BH...
Several use H3 NEO w/ 37-38 deg sponge. I’ve heard of some using dignics 05 as well.
If we are speaking of rumors, I also heard Xu Xin also used Skyline 3-60 for a short period.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2020, 17:45 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yeah, Ma Long reputedly uses some form of H3 on the backhand. Probably one or two of the others do as well. But most use Tenergy 05. There was a time when it looked like a LOT of them were moving to H3 on the backhand, but that experiment seems to have run its course. They're mostly back to Tenergy again.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2020, 06:22 

Blade: Pingskills touch
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Yinhe Moon Pro
Trel, did you end up making the change to Chinese rubber? I did, and I'm really liking the change. It takes more effort, but I get out of a shot what I put into it. My loops feel great, my short game is improved and my serves have more spin. I've tried a few different rubbers recently, and I'm going to be sticking with H3Neo for the most part. I must say though, it is also important to avoid a blade that is too fast for developing shots. I really like the feeling of my Treiber Z, but the blade was simply too fast for me at this point in my TT development.

I tried the Friendship Presto max Speed for my BH, which really does perform like a tensor rubber. It is low tack and pretty fast, even on my control blade, too fast and not spinny enough for me. The Mercury 2 was alright, but I couldn't generate the spin I was looking for. Also tried KTL Pro XP which has good control, but with a little dirt on the topsheet started acting like anti. I ended up going with Yinhe Moon Pro for BH, which I bought as a FH rubber. Very spinny but with a much softer sponge than H3. Just waiting on a red sheet to replace the black.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2020, 16:01 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

If you're looking for a non-tacky Chinese "Tensoroid" for the backhand, here's one out of left field:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32660020386.html

I currently play with it (except on my forehand) and I like it. Plenty of control, enough speed and spin. I didn't like it in the beginning but after ignoring it for a couple months (while using Bloom Power and Spin) for some reason it feels and plays really good now. I'm almost thinking about getting another sheet (I almost never do unless it's a cheap $5 sheet). On sale (like a lot of other stuff) for the next 20 hours or so.

As the blurb says... "Better than Butterf-- Tenerg- !" :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2020, 17:04 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

China's TTshools/centers are known to use 729 Generic rubber (mid-thickness sponge) for teaching the younger students.

/Be happy/.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2020, 02:28 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

And Igor would know. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2020, 02:02 

Blade: Xiom allround s
Yes, i have been using Jupiter II for 2-3 weeks now, 40deg on FH and 38dg on BH.
I really enjoy this setup, it feels much more natural for me, especially in the short play.
For looping and attacks, i didn't notice much change in my strokes, only that the balls are now spinnier and fly faster.
I think i might need to work on using less power, and try to feel the ball more.

I have ordered 4 more sheets when they were on sale, so I am definitely happy with it. The red side seems much tackier than the black side though, curious to see if it will be the same on the new sheets.