OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 18:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2012, 07:48 

Hey everyone i would like to know if anyone had try the rubber submarine of giant dragon and in which sponge version? how is it chop&attack??

Backhand- Tibhar grass d tecs 1.2mm
2nd set- Blade- Joo Se Hyuk- straight. Forhand- Tenergy 64 1.7mm HELP ME FIND BETTER PIPS
Tried- tackiness c 1.5,tackiness c ii 1.5,tackfire DRIVE 1.9,Tackfire C 2.1, Tenergy 05 2.1, 05 FX 2.1 , 64 2.1, 64 1.7, 64FX 1.7, superspin G3 soft 2.0 d tecs 1.2, feint ii 1.3, curl p4 1.4-1.7, curl p1 1.0-1.3,meteorite soft 1.2.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2012, 08:12 

While I haven't played with it myself, I considered getting a sheet, and have seen nothing but glowing reviews for it. However, in your other thread, you mentioned that you're currently using T64 FX. Compared to that, it's a very different rubber. A lot more control, a lot slower, more tackiness to the topsheet, less lively/springy sponge than Tenergy.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2012, 08:50 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Agree with QuickDraw here. I used the Submarine 2.0 black for two months and although you have tremendous feeling, attacking with it is not very easy to do, coming from a Tenergy64 (I use the regular version). It also creates less backspin when pushing and serving in comparison with the Tenergy64. The black one is tacky, the red one slightly tacky.

Apparantly we fancy the same material. How thick is your Tenergy64 FX?

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2012, 18:03 

QuickDraw wrote:
While I haven't played with it myself, I considered getting a sheet, and have seen nothing but glowing reviews for it. However, in your other thread, you mentioned that you're currently using T64 FX. Compared to that, it's a very different rubber. A lot more control, a lot slower, more tackiness to the topsheet, less lively/springy sponge than Tenergy.

thanks that what i excepted to hear :P just didnt want to buy it and find it by my self haha.
Lorre wrote:
Agree with QuickDraw here. I used the Submarine 2.0 black for two months and although you have tremendous feeling, attacking with it is not very easy to do, coming from a Tenergy64 (I use the regular version). It also creates less backspin when pushing and serving in comparison with the Tenergy64. The black one is tacky, the red one slightly tacky.

Apparantly we fancy the same material. How thick is your Tenergy64 FX?

Lorre i am using tenergy 64fx 1.7 and thats after 6months last year with tenergy 64 2.1 and after that switched to tenergy 64fx 1.7 and last week back to tenergy 64 but this time in 1.7 version
I can tell you the 64FX 1.7 is just a dream!! perfect rubber but its dead for me after a MONTH yea yea month! 1 month! and 64 normal is 2-2and half month! thats why last week i tried to go back to tenergy 64 normal in 1.7 but its just not it... 64FX can chop very heavy and do great spin on serves and spin attack is match better i sugget u to try it.

2nd set- Blade- Joo Se Hyuk- straight. Forhand- Tenergy 64 1.7mm HELP ME FIND BETTER PIPS
Tried- tackiness c 1.5,tackiness c ii 1.5,tackfire DRIVE 1.9,Tackfire C 2.1, Tenergy 05 2.1, 05 FX 2.1 , 64 2.1, 64 1.7, 64FX 1.7, superspin G3 soft 2.0 d tecs 1.2, feint ii 1.3, curl p4 1.4-1.7, curl p1 1.0-1.3,meteorite soft 1.2.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2012, 22:49 
Joo Too
Joo Too

BarSeHyuk wrote:
Lorre i am using tenergy 64fx 1.7 and thats after 6months last year with tenergy 64 2.1 and after that switched to tenergy 64fx 1.7 and last week back to tenergy 64 but this time in 1.7 version
I can tell you the 64FX 1.7 is just a dream!! perfect rubber but its dead for me after a MONTH yea yea month! 1 month! and 64 normal is 2-2and half month! thats why last week i tried to go back to tenergy 64 normal in 1.7 but its just not it... 64FX can chop very heavy and do great spin on serves and spin attack is match better i sugget u to try it.

After one month? Oh boy... :n: I used the FX version in 1.7 shortly and although I found it having a greater touch in the long distance game and in the short attacking game, my pushes and serves were less spinny than with the regular version. I was thinking to solve that problem by trying the 1.9 version, but if it's dead after a month... Is it the topsheet or the sponge or both?

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2012, 00:16 

After one month? Oh boy... :n: I used the FX version in 1.7 shortly and although I found it having a greater touch in the long distance game and in the short attacking game, my pushes and serves were less spinny than with the regular version. I was thinking to solve that problem by trying the 1.9 version, but if it's dead after a month... Is it the topsheet or the sponge or both?[/quote]
Yea it has pretty bed "life time" but again i train 5days a week 3hours each time so its mean after 60-70 hours.
my serves are acctually better with the FX same with pushes i think everything is better :D
when i say dead i mean that when i chop the ball in same movment as always it has about 8times of 10 its flat and meaby 2 times its a really chop i think after month and a week or 2 its realy dead. and one more thing its after a month when i do spin againt push its realy hard to get it fast and with anough spin without the ball go right into the net :devil: that sucks but if u can change it every month or 5weeks u get the best rubber for defence as far as i tried.
if u will try the 1.9 version let me know how good (or bad lol :P) is it compare to the 1.7

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2012, 07:19 
Joo Too
Joo Too

BarSeHyuk wrote:
Yea it has pretty bed "life time" but again i train 5days a week 3hours each time so its mean after 60-70 hours.
my serves are acctually better with the FX same with pushes i think everything is better :D
when i say dead i mean that when i chop the ball in same movment as always it has about 8times of 10 its flat and meaby 2 times its a really chop i think after month and a week or 2 its realy dead. and one more thing its after a month when i do spin againt push its realy hard to get it fast and with anough spin without the ball go right into the net :devil: that sucks but if u can change it every month or 5weeks u get the best rubber for defence as far as i tried.
if u will try the 1.9 version let me know how good (or bad lol :P) is it compare to the 1.7

Did you try to reglue the rubber? This might bring the rubber back to life again. I use(d) to do that with my Tenergies....

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2012, 14:35 

Lorre wrote:
BarSeHyuk wrote:

Did you try to reglue the rubber? This might bring the rubber back to life again. I use(d) to do that with my Tenergies....

acctually... yes and the rubber was fine for 1day and after that return to be dead

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2012, 20:08 
Joo Too
Joo Too

BarSeHyuk wrote:
acctually... yes and the rubber was fine for 1day and after that return to be dead

:n: :n: :n: Maybe a bad badge? It shouldn't be dead after a month for that high price...

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2012, 21:13 

:n: :n: :n: Maybe a bad badge? It shouldn't be dead after a month for that high price...[/quote]
I hope it was only one time but its happening 3 times in a row :P

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2012, 04:20 

I am using the Giant Dragon Submarine 1.0 mm in Black. I AM IN LOVE WITH IT. I am using it for my backhand right now. I really like chopping with it. So much control. It has Medium throw angle. But it is very slow. You will have an extremely hard time attacking with it. If you are looking for a rubber that has attacking capabilities i don't think this is the rubber for you. But other then the the defense characteristics of this rubber is good.

Primary Bat:
Blade: Straight Handle: Victas Koji Matsushita (DEF)
Forehand Rubber: 1.0-1.3mm: Red: Long Pimple: TSP Curl P-1R
Backhand Rubber: 1.0mm: Black: Long Pimple: Yasaka Phantom 009

Secondary Bat:
Blade: Flared Handle: Gambler Black Diamond Light (ALL)
Forehand Rubber: 2.0mm: Black: Inverted: DHS Hurricane III Neo
Backhand Rubber: 2.0mm: Red: Inverted: Gambler Reflectoid

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2012, 00:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Tried Submarine over the weekend, feels a lot like a traditional sticky Chinese rubber, can really load up the spin with it.

Didn't chop, but can fast loop, slow loop and loop kill with it on a fast carbon/Kevlar blade. Much lower throw angle than typical Japanese/European rubber.

Spintech All Around Penhold blade
Spinlord Keiler II 1.5 black
Nittaku FastArc G1 red

729 all around blade
Tibhar Grass D-Tec S Red
Nittaku FastArc G1 black

PostPosted: 17 May 2013, 03:52 

Submarine chop is awesome for chop-based tactical game. This rubber allow hughe backspin and control while chopping ; i never had such a feeling : so easy to chop, even heavy loops. Sponge has a dampening effect while defending. Counter attacks and "first stike" topspins are efficient enough. Blocking is highly deceptive. Sub is clearly made for defensive players who still want to keep decent offensive abilities. The most tacky rubber I have ever seen (> 729 FX, H3...), since the ball is glued upside down during more than 10 seconds. Considering the fact that Sub is very durable, and cheap, I'd say that it is definitely one of the best defensive rubber ever... I use 1,8mm sponge (black Sub)

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2018, 19:28 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
I've been using this rubber in 1mm and I like it a lot. Does anyone still sell it? Wouldn't mind getting a few more sheets.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2018, 21:25 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Haven't tried Tenergy yet, but Evolution MX-P, Rasant, Rakza X - they all went "dead" and shrunk in about 4-6 weeks. The fix? Get a bottle of Falco or Seamoon. It eventually will die for real after maybe 6 months, of course. Yeah it's not "legal", but no one says you have to use it in competition.

Iskandar

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!