OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:41

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2020, 00:20 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
These are so close. Is there any difference between the two versions other than the very slight sponge thickness?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2020, 03:58 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Goodness..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32767315621.html

It's not only available in 2.15 and 2.2, it's also available in 2.1! Why???? And you've got a choice of 37, 38, 39, 40 AND 41 degrees. Not all combinations are in stock, AND the prices differ according to hardness AND thickness. Why so many close-to-each-other choices?? I wonder who this is aimed at (probably EJs.. :lol: ) ... note that this is the "ordinary retail" version - the Provincial version also has a similar, if more limited, menu of choices, while the "blue sponge provincial" version has only 2.15 available (in three hardnesses). The non-Neo H3 is available in 2.15 and 2.2 also.

How much faster is Neo compared to the non-Neo? Ordinary H3 turned out to be too slow for me, even after boosting (or at least, I didn't like it), but Haggis says Neo H3 is "one of the faster Chinese rubbers". I'm not inclined to buy a sheet just to find out. There's only one H3 topsheet listed in the LARC (24-108) so the Neo uses the same H3 topsheet (Igor claims this will soon become illegal.. :lol: ).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2020, 14:21 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Speculation: maybe the 2.10 and 2.15mm options are for those who boost. Boosting expands the sponge, makes it thicker. You'd buy the maximum thickness if you don't boost, or boost lightly. Otherwise - I really doubt most people can tell the difference when playing.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2020, 18:03 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
iskandar taib wrote:
Speculation: maybe the 2.10 and 2.15mm options are for those who boost. Boosting expands the sponge, makes it thicker. You'd buy the maximum thickness if you don't boost, or boost lightly.

I also think that's the reason. I don't think there's any noticeable difference between the rubbers of such small difference thicknesses.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2020, 05:25 

Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao II
FH: DHS Hurricane III NEO Pro
BH: Nittaku FastArc-G1
haggisv wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
Speculation: maybe the 2.10 and 2.15mm options are for those who boost. Boosting expands the sponge, makes it thicker. You'd buy the maximum thickness if you don't boost, or boost lightly.

I also think that's the reason. I don't think there's any noticeable difference between the rubbers of such small difference thicknesses.

For me, I thought I could feel a slight difference in weight and overall softness feel. The 2.15 felt easier for me to use on my Bh. Unfortunately, I didn’t weigh the differences - but I will on the next exchange. (I’m testing with H3 Neo and TG2 neo, both commercial).

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!