OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 06 Jul 2020, 14:15


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2020, 21:20 
Offline
Senior member
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2020, 21:31
Posts: 111
Location: Catalonia
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Blade: Stiga All Round WRB
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 NT 39º
BH: Giant Dragon Talon NT OX
I want to know the average weight of the 2 or 2.1mm sponges without the rubber cut for the blades.

TIA.


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2020, 22:50 
Offline
Senior member

Joined: 29 Dec 2009, 06:02
Posts: 195
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 27 times
Blade: Xiom Hayabusa Z+ FL
FH: Victas V-15 Stiff Bl Max
BH: DrN Killer ProEvo Red 1.5
Here is the info you are looking for, you will have to sort through and look only at the 2.0, 2.1 sheets. It is complicated because the sheets are not the same size, so you may want to look at the mass/sq cm column at the right side of the chart.

Have fun.

https://tabletennis-reviews.com/reference/rubber-sheet-mass-size-database/

_________________
Xiom Hayabusa Z+; Victas V-15 Stiff (Black) Max; Killer Pro Evo (Red) 1.5 mm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2020, 01:54 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:24
Posts: 868
Location: Universe
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 69 times
The mass of 2.0 mm sponge sheet (excluding topsheet) will usually vary from 16 to 24 grammes, depending on given sponge density.
Typical sponge density is measured around 0,45 g/cm3 .(not boosted).

/Be happy/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2020, 02:40 
Online
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 9512
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1150 times
merlin el mago wrote:
I want to know the average weight of the 2 or 2.1mm sponges without the rubber cut for the blades.

TIA.


There's no point knowing this unless you also measure the size of the sheets. Typically Japanese sheets are 1cm longer than ESN sheets, which is why Butterfly sheets and Tibhar Evolution sheets seem to be so heavy. Once you've divided the weight by the area, you get areal density (g per sq. cm) which you can use to compare sheets.

I've got a pretty big database of sheet weights, all based on stuff I've used (and weighed, and measured) myself. Maybe one day I'll post the whole thing. Look under my "training rubbers" thread - quite a bit of info there. Most sheets are "max" because that's all that is available, and I usually don't buy thinner sponge when it is available.

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2020, 07:54 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:24
Posts: 868
Location: Universe
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 69 times
Attachment:
worn_area.png
worn_area.png [ 29.46 KiB | Viewed 48 times ]
ρ = 0.45 g/cm3 . . Sponge Material Density

t= 0.20 cm . . Sponge Sheet Thickness

S= 200 cm2 . . Square Measure of the Cut Rubber Sheet

This is a direct clue.
I'm pleased to invite you all to exert your mental power, if any.


Come on ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2020, 02:18 
Offline
Senior member
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2020, 21:31
Posts: 111
Location: Catalonia
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Blade: Stiga All Round WRB
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 NT 39º
BH: Giant Dragon Talon NT OX
1dennistt wrote:
Here is the info you are looking for, you will have to sort through and look only at the 2.0, 2.1 sheets. It is complicated because the sheets are not the same size, so you may want to look at the mass/sq cm column at the right side of the chart.

Have fun.

https://tabletennis-reviews.com/reference/rubber-sheet-mass-size-database/


Thanks, I'm looking for Fastarc G-1 but I didin't see in the link.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2020, 02:18 
Offline
Senior member
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2020, 21:31
Posts: 111
Location: Catalonia
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Blade: Stiga All Round WRB
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 NT 39º
BH: Giant Dragon Talon NT OX
iskandar taib wrote:
merlin el mago wrote:
I want to know the average weight of the 2 or 2.1mm sponges without the rubber cut for the blades.

TIA.


There's no point knowing this unless you also measure the size of the sheets. Typically Japanese sheets are 1cm longer than ESN sheets, which is why Butterfly sheets and Tibhar Evolution sheets seem to be so heavy. Once you've divided the weight by the area, you get areal density (g per sq. cm) which you can use to compare sheets.

I've got a pretty big database of sheet weights, all based on stuff I've used (and weighed, and measured) myself. Maybe one day I'll post the whole thing. Look under my "training rubbers" thread - quite a bit of info there. Most sheets are "max" because that's all that is available, and I usually don't buy thinner sponge when it is available.

Iskandar


I'm looking for the information with the sheets cut for the blade.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2020, 02:20 
Offline
Senior member
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2020, 21:31
Posts: 111
Location: Catalonia
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Blade: Stiga All Round WRB
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 NT 39º
BH: Giant Dragon Talon NT OX
igorponger wrote:
The mass of 2.0 mm sponge sheet (excluding topsheet) will usually vary from 16 to 24 grammes, depending on given sponge density.
Typical sponge density is measured around 0,45 g/cm3 .(not boosted).

/Be happy/


So an average is 20g ok full sheet or cut for the blade as requested?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2018 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group