OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 05:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2020, 22:31 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
As tittle says I'm looking for a suited rubber to improve my game.

My actual setup:

Stiga All Round Classic WRB
FH DHS Hurricane 3 National Team 39º OS
BH Giant Dragon - Talon National Team OX

Style:

FH looping (more side spin than top spin) and eventually some block. I make the side/top spin from ground and I use all my body & arm not a lot of wrist like I desired: I guess due to the fact the my strike is hard.

BH block-pusher close to the table & eventually some chop to middle distance when can't stay close to the table.

I feel can't get all the power needs the H3 national team 39º using mine all round blade so I'm looking for a new rubber. There are sweveral posibilities:

1/ Continue with other chinese rubber like Kokataku 007 Pro Selected 39º or 40º to suit my FH top & side spin oriented

2/ Change to Xiom Omega VII Asia or Hyper

3/ Use a hard topsheet with no spring sponge to avoid the catapult feel with small thickness to make an aggresive game smashing & flat hitting all high balls also I guess will be suitable to improve blocks.

TIA

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2020, 07:22 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
I did not like Stiga Allround for ox, even with the celluloid balls. Too thin blade, too small sweet spot, too variing throw angle for me. I feel that modern heavier balls need more rigid blades.

So I personally suggest keep rubbers and try a thicker 7-ply blade.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2020, 20:36 
Super User

Wich one?

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2020, 22:00 
Super User

Every brand has a choice of such kind of blades. Your rubbers are kind of expensive, so you may prefer Butterfly or Nittaku blades.

My own choice is Stiga Clipper Wood (without CR nor WRB).

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2020, 20:10 
Super User

Can't be too fast for my LP rubber?

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2020, 03:58 
Super User

I personally play 90% of balls with my BH and I switched from Def to this blade with new plastic balls. So it is not too fast for my LPs.

I do not know anything about your current skill level and playing pool of opponents you need to win this season.
It is your game and your own decision.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2020, 18:58 
Super User

I owned one when I was young & remember perfectly how fast & without control was this blade. It's possible things changed with speed glue ban & big plastic balls?

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2020, 02:42 
Super User

Ox long pips are the slowest rubbers in the universe.
You wanted more offensive FH, linear and powerful blade with relatively slow Chinese rubber can be better then a high-tech rubber on a slower blade.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2020, 03:28 
Super User

I do not try to sell you Stiga Clipper there are many similar designed blades on the market. I simply did not played nor even read reviews about them.

I just seriously dislike Stiga Allround and Stiga Nostalgic Allround I tried together with ox pips. I did not tried but IMO Stiga Offensive is also a variant of Stiga Allround design.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2020, 14:46 
Super User

Omut wrote:
I just seriously dislike Stiga Allround and Stiga Nostalgic Allround I tried together with ox pips. I did not tried but IMO Stiga Offensive is also a variant of Stiga Allround design.

Where I am, most Long Pip players (me Excluded), especially ones with D.Tecs, use the Stiga Allround Classic (Not WRB or CR) ... I've tried their setup several times, and it seems decent for push/blocking with LP ... Ofcourse, on the FH side, they all use fast rubbers, such as MX-P, MX-S,Omega Pro, etc...

I know of just one LP player, who uses Stiga Clipper, paired with Donic Akkadi L1, and MX-s on the FH - On the LP side, I felt it was Excellent at blocking, placement, Short-game .. I really liked the Clipper + LP combo... The only downside, for me, is the weight .... Clipper is a heavy blade ... Due to a tennis elbow, and shoulder injury, I play with lighter setups, with blades weighing <= 85gms max... I could not find even HRT Clipper Clones, that weighed <=85gms

I wouldn't mind getting a Clipper (or the likes of it), that weighs <=85gms...Any recommendations ?

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2020, 16:43 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
There are lighter copies of Samsonov Force Pro if you shop around low to mid eighties and has been compared to Clipper,slightly thinner the lighter they get

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2020, 20:05 
Super User

dazzler wrote:
There are lighter copies of Samsonov Force Pro if you shop around low to mid eighties and has been compared to Clipper,slightly thinner the lighter they get

Not played with this blade, and haven't come across anyone who plays with it ... The only other blade I've played with, and which I'd consider as an alternate to Clipper would be Donic Persson Power Carbon, and even that is a heavy blade (90+gms)... It's also a hair faster than Clipper, but it felt as good, or better on the touch/short game..

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2020, 20:55 
Super User

Omut wrote:
Ox long pips are the slowest rubbers in the universe.

There are different OX LP several more fast or slower.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2020, 21:17 
Super User

ootbs wrote:
Omut wrote:

Where I am, most Long Pip players (me Excluded), especially ones with D.Tecs, use the Stiga Allround Classic (Not WRB or CR) ... I've tried their setup several times, and it seems decent for push/blocking with LP ... Ofcourse, on the FH side, they all use fast rubbers, such as MX-P, MX-S,Omega Pro, etc...

I know of just one LP player, who uses Stiga Clipper, paired with Donic Akkadi L1, and MX-s on the FH - On the LP side, I felt it was Excellent at blocking, placement, Short-game .. I really liked the Clipper + LP combo... The only downside, for me, is the weight .... Clipper is a heavy blade ... Due to a tennis elbow, and shoulder injury, I play with lighter setups, with blades weighing <= 85gms max... I could not find even HRT Clipper Clones, that weighed <=85gms

I wouldn't mind getting a Clipper (or the likes of it), that weighs <=85gms...Any recommendations ?

Hi the Andro 7 ply series are light. My CS7 Tour, CS7 Velocity, and Timber 7 OFF/S are all in the low 80s. They are thicker, stiffer and faster than Clipper though, so not sure if it will be bad with long pips.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2020, 02:49 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

merlin el mago wrote:
\My actual setup:

Stiga All Round Classic WRB
FH DHS Hurricane 3 National Team 39º OS
BH Giant Dragon - Talon National Team OX

All National Team.. :lol: Any particular reason for this?? I'd like to know WHICH National Team actually uses Giant Dragon - none of the notable Chinese players do, at least, not that I've heard. I suspect it's the Thais.

Quote:
Style:

FH looping (more side spin than top spin) and eventually some block. I make the side/top spin from ground and I use all my body & arm not a lot of wrist like I desired: I guess due to the fact the my strike is hard.

BH block-pusher close to the table & eventually some chop to middle distance when can't stay close to the table.

I feel can't get all the power needs the H3 national team 39º using mine all round blade so I'm looking for a new rubber. There are sweveral posibilities:

1/ Continue with other chinese rubber like Kokataku 007 Pro Selected 39º or 40º to suit my FH top & side spin oriented

2/ Change to Xiom Omega VII Asia or Hyper

3/ Use a hard topsheet with no spring sponge to avoid the catapult feel with small thickness to make an aggresive game smashing & flat hitting all high balls also I guess will be suitable to improve blocks.

H3 is known to be naturally slow until you can hit Chinese-style loops (which require a lot of power). I tried it and ditched it because it was just too slow. From what I understand the entire Chinese National Team boosts their H3, otherwise it's unusable at that level of play. So maybe that's why it seems slow. The National comes with harder sponge, which might make it even worse. I don't know if the Kokutaku will work, just be aware that Kokutaku's 39 or 40 degrees might not be on the same scale as DHS's and might actually be softer. However, no matter what Chinese rubber you choose, it's probably going to be faster overall than H3. (Unless you get 999, or Ckylin.. ah heck, just avoid Ckylin… :lol: )

I suppose switching to a Tensor (any Tensoroid, especially something like MX-P, or even a softer one like Rakza 7) would also result in a "faster" bat. If you have the money, why not Tenergy 05? It's probably cheaper than H3 National.. :lol: Or do you absolutely need a tacky rubber?? If you really need a tacky rubber, there are some of the faster Chinese ones like Big Dipper, or Target (there's even a "Target National" :lol: ), or Bloom Power. Maybe Mercury II even.

As far as seven ply blades go - yeah, they're heavier than five ply blades as a rule, but if you're using OX long pips you've already shed a lot of weight compared to 2X Inverted and the resulting racket should actually be quite light even by my standards. In the past, I'd have recommended getting a Huiarite (I've forgotten how to spell that.. :lol: ) Clipper, them's being cheap and good. But they seem to have disappeared. But another clipperoid I've become aware of as late is the Sanwei Fextra - about USD20-23 including shipping, plus you can get it with a ST handle if you want one.

Iskandar