OOAK Table Tennis Forum
https://ooakforum.com/

Average weight sponge 2 or 2.1mm without rubber
https://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=37075
Page 1 of 1

Author:  merlin el mago [ 27 Jun 2020, 21:20 ]
Post subject:  Average weight sponge 2 or 2.1mm without rubber

I want to know the average weight of the 2 or 2.1mm sponges without the rubber cut for the blades.

TIA.

Author:  1dennistt [ 01 Jul 2020, 22:50 ]
Post subject:  Re: Average weight sponge 2 or 2.1mm without rubber

Here is the info you are looking for, you will have to sort through and look only at the 2.0, 2.1 sheets. It is complicated because the sheets are not the same size, so you may want to look at the mass/sq cm column at the right side of the chart.

Have fun.

https://tabletennis-reviews.com/reference/rubber-sheet-mass-size-database/

Author:  igorponger [ 02 Jul 2020, 01:54 ]
Post subject:  Re: Average weight sponge 2 or 2.1mm without rubber

The mass of 2.0 mm sponge sheet (excluding topsheet) will usually vary from 16 to 24 grammes, depending on given sponge density.
Typical sponge density is measured around 0,45 g/cm3 .(not boosted).

/Be happy/

Author:  iskandar taib [ 02 Jul 2020, 02:40 ]
Post subject:  Re: Average weight sponge 2 or 2.1mm without rubber

merlin el mago wrote:
I want to know the average weight of the 2 or 2.1mm sponges without the rubber cut for the blades.

TIA.


There's no point knowing this unless you also measure the size of the sheets. Typically Japanese sheets are 1cm longer than ESN sheets, which is why Butterfly sheets and Tibhar Evolution sheets seem to be so heavy. Once you've divided the weight by the area, you get areal density (g per sq. cm) which you can use to compare sheets.

I've got a pretty big database of sheet weights, all based on stuff I've used (and weighed, and measured) myself. Maybe one day I'll post the whole thing. Look under my "training rubbers" thread - quite a bit of info there. Most sheets are "max" because that's all that is available, and I usually don't buy thinner sponge when it is available.

Iskandar

Author:  igorponger [ 02 Jul 2020, 07:54 ]
Post subject:  Re: Average weight sponge 2 or 2.1mm without rubber

Attachment:
worn_area.png
worn_area.png [ 29.46 KiB | Viewed 49 times ]
ρ = 0.45 g/cm3 . . Sponge Material Density

t= 0.20 cm . . Sponge Sheet Thickness

S= 200 cm2 . . Square Measure of the Cut Rubber Sheet

This is a direct clue.
I'm pleased to invite you all to exert your mental power, if any.


Come on ...

Author:  merlin el mago [ 05 Jul 2020, 02:18 ]
Post subject:  Re: Average weight sponge 2 or 2.1mm without rubber

1dennistt wrote:
Here is the info you are looking for, you will have to sort through and look only at the 2.0, 2.1 sheets. It is complicated because the sheets are not the same size, so you may want to look at the mass/sq cm column at the right side of the chart.

Have fun.

https://tabletennis-reviews.com/reference/rubber-sheet-mass-size-database/


Thanks, I'm looking for Fastarc G-1 but I didin't see in the link.

Author:  merlin el mago [ 05 Jul 2020, 02:18 ]
Post subject:  Re: Average weight sponge 2 or 2.1mm without rubber

iskandar taib wrote:
merlin el mago wrote:
I want to know the average weight of the 2 or 2.1mm sponges without the rubber cut for the blades.

TIA.


There's no point knowing this unless you also measure the size of the sheets. Typically Japanese sheets are 1cm longer than ESN sheets, which is why Butterfly sheets and Tibhar Evolution sheets seem to be so heavy. Once you've divided the weight by the area, you get areal density (g per sq. cm) which you can use to compare sheets.

I've got a pretty big database of sheet weights, all based on stuff I've used (and weighed, and measured) myself. Maybe one day I'll post the whole thing. Look under my "training rubbers" thread - quite a bit of info there. Most sheets are "max" because that's all that is available, and I usually don't buy thinner sponge when it is available.

Iskandar


I'm looking for the information with the sheets cut for the blade.

Author:  merlin el mago [ 05 Jul 2020, 02:20 ]
Post subject:  Re: Average weight sponge 2 or 2.1mm without rubber

igorponger wrote:
The mass of 2.0 mm sponge sheet (excluding topsheet) will usually vary from 16 to 24 grammes, depending on given sponge density.
Typical sponge density is measured around 0,45 g/cm3 .(not boosted).

/Be happy/


So an average is 20g ok full sheet or cut for the blade as requested?

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 9:30 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/