OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 23:52

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2020, 19:17 

Blade: Viscaria FL
FH: BlueStar A2, black max
BH: Bluestorm Pro, red max
Whenever I ask players that play with Tenergy rubbers what they think of them, they say that they tend to offer more spin and speed than any other rubber they've tried.

Loads of pros use them. Although, a lot of them are sponsored to play with Butterfly equipement.

What are your view fellow forum members on this topic?

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2020, 23:51 
Super User

dan wrote:
Whenever I ask players that play with Tenergy rubbers what they think of them, they say that they tend to offer more spin and speed than any other rubber they've tried.

Loads of pros use them. Although, a lot of them are sponsored to play with Butterfly equipement.

What are your view fellow forum members on this topic?

Well they are certainly not inferior products. So if that takes your mind off the idea of "if there are better stuff out there", it will let you perform your best.

But, at the end of the day, ALL rubbers are energy dissipating material. If your swing speed approaches or exceeds 20 m/s, all rubbers will produce roughly the same speed. However, in all "sub-optimal strokes" some rubbers can generate more speed/spin. That being said, I can convince myself that there are other rubbers which generate more rebound or more spin than Tenergy 05 on less than perfect strokes.

Feel on the other hand is more subtle. If you look at the older OOAK resources of topsheet/sponge hardness measurements, you can approximate the same feel with many different rubber types. Again, that being said, rubber manufacturing is not very precise (tenergy included), so one sheets might feel different than another of the same model...

Take what you need to help you move on.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2020, 01:27 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

No. For most players they are not the best.

For loads of pro players and kids aspiring to be pros they are the best. I'm sure you know which group you are in.

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2020, 03:55 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I'm currently playing with a sheet of Tenergy 05 on the forehand. Paid 2300 Baht for it. This is after trying a whole bunch of Chinese and European rubbers. I'd say, yeah, it's a good rubber. Is it better than anything else? To tell the truth, I really can't tell. As I've often said, differences between rubbers are subtle rather than dramatic. OK, so maybe it produces a little more spin than what I was using before (what WAS it? Oh yeah.. the now defunct Three Sword Red Dragon, which was supposed to be "better than Butterf-- Tenerg-" :lol: and before that, Rakza 7), but it's hard to tell. In any case, it's NOT something I couldn't control nor play with, which if you read all the online reviews and recommendations, what you'd expect if you were a low-ranked club-level player. Nor is Evolution MX-P, Rasant Turbo, etc. (despite the claims on the back of the packet claiming you have to be a "pro" to use them).

Mind you, I'm playing with a ALL/ALL+ blade. Put the Tenergy on, say, a T11+ or a Sardius and I'd probably not be able to use it all that well. Then again I think I'd also have problems with 729 Super FX on that blade.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2020, 10:23 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Blade: Tiago Apolonia ZLC
FH: Rhyzer 50
BH: Donic Acuda Blue P3
Maybe for the pro - Hurricane and Tenergy are the best.

But in my level and those below it, playing against tenergy, dignics wielding players , it is not the best. It is becoming more of a liability. People buy it to improve their game. Yes, they have more powerful spin and speedier when they hit it right. But they sacrifice on control.

There are players I have played who are above me, ( Junior and Senior National Players ) surprise, most of them are not tenergy/dignics user. They would rather choose Donic Baracuda or Joola Explode. And boy, they have explosive game. And most of them uses Viscaria blade too.. not the fancy super zlc.

Table tennis is a game of spin, speed and control.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2020, 02:45 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
I'd say just try it for the sake of trying, but only after u have played for maybe 3 years or so, because you can't really tell the difference when starting out.
What tenergy brings to me is the optimum feel especially on bh where you are limited to smaller strokes compared to fh.
The feeling of the sponge when ball goes through, the extra dwell on it, but i've only tried tenergy 05 and 05 hard and not others ( hard is not worth it to me) but normal 05 on bh is the best for me now, and on fh , most rubber i can play well just need adjust angle but i've been using h3 neo for so long so im used to that rubber for fh.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2020, 17:06 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
I like that T05 pushes over the table are flat and spinny and gives you a decent serve return that sometimes causes opponent to net if you push fast enough,bear in mind this is one of the highest/arcing throw rubbers so the best of both worlds,even on my thin flex def blade,+longer lasting than most factory boosted rubbers so the extra cost evens out somewhat in the long run
I also tried Dignics 05 and for me was inferior to T05 on all shots,serve return in particular where the ball was way too high and I couldn't find a way with it,maybe I'm too used to the t05 where everything seems to work on autopilot for me.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2020, 19:21 

Blade: Viscaria FL
FH: BlueStar A2, black max
BH: Bluestorm Pro, red max
Thank you all guys for the replies. Always interesting to hear different point of views.

dazzler wrote:
I like that T05 pushes over the table are flat and spinny and gives you a decent serve return that sometimes causes opponent to net if you push fast enough,bear in mind this is one of the highest/arcing throw rubbers so the best of both worlds,even on my thin flex def blade,+longer lasting than most factory boosted rubbers so the extra cost evens out somewhat in the long run
I also tried Dignics 05 and for me was inferior to T05 on all shots,serve return in particular where the ball was way too high and I couldn't find a way with it,maybe I'm too used to the t05 where everything seems to work on autopilot for me.

Good point on the longevity. I've been wondering about that too, because it's relevant to finding out the real cost of rubbers.

I'll wait until my current setup is worn out and then I'll go for a Butterfly setup. I'm thinking: Timo Boll ALC, Viscaria or Innerforce ALC; DIGNICS 05 on FH; Tenergy 64 on BH

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2020, 08:31 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
IMHO Tenergy is not professional level rubber anymore. Butterfly makes T. softer and more casual during years of production.

Do not know anything about Dignics.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2020, 15:20 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

"Not professional" any more? :lol: I dunno... the great majority of "professionals" still use it over everything else, for some reason. If Tenergy has become softer over the years, there's always the "hard" version that was just introduced relatively recently...

If Tenergy doesn't qualify as "professional", can you name some rubbers that do? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2020, 11:04 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Blade: Tiago Apolonia ZLC
FH: Rhyzer 50
BH: Donic Acuda Blue P3
Professionals play for a living. Thus, they can manage to tame the fastest rubber available.

But take note, the choice of blade is crucial. They don't just go for the fastest.

Iskandar, professionals are shifting to dignics now :lol: :lol: . More expensive price vs tenergy. So professional tend to use the most expensive rubber available :lol: and the most boosted.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2020, 16:15 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
I was surprised at the poor boosting results I got with Dignics 05,the result with Falco long was very little expansion of the rubber and little to no improvement in the game,why are you boosting some might ask?my blade is slow and perfect for the ox pips and needs something with extra kick for effective f/h attack,same amount of booster gets a good result with T05