OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:27

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2021, 07:32 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Iguana wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:
JulianTT wrote:
I listed here all the different Nittaku Hurricane 3 rubbers (and more) :

viewtopic.php?t=37360&p=385433

It sounds like your first sheet was unusually heavy - probably a higher hardness than was intended. I am guessing the second one feels somewhat different than the first.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

From the tt11 review, "The two uncut test sheets (see testing procedure) exhibited considerable variation in their weight, weighing 85 g and 91 g uncut (174 mm x 170-172 mm), respectively."

So I don't think a 90+ is to be unexpected when buying the blue version in 2.0+.

I have also tried the 1.6 and 1.8 sponges, both are still very heavy. 80+ grams uncut.

Hi skilless_slapper,

I had a Turbo Blue in the past, but it was too heavy... I'm tempted to try again, because I have a lighter blade now that I want to try it on.
can you write a bit more about the 1.6 sponge version? How does it compare to the thicker versions? I would imagine it's as least as good as those for chopping, but is looping impaired in any way? Or doesn't it make a difference, because the rubber is so hard?
Also, how is the durability. It's obviously heavily tuned, so how long does it keep its characteristics. If it reverts to being a normal Hurricane after two months, I could just use one of those and save on the money.

Hey Iguana! Hadn't been on in a while, didn't get to reply!

It depends how you loop. I like to brush loop, so the 1.6 is plenty hard enough and doesn't really show a lack of power. If you like to do more solid contact and hit through, into the sponge... you may notice some drop off. 1.6mm on my over sized blade weighs around 55 grams.

The tuning, for me again, seems to last a long time. I don't notice any drop off in performance, as the grip stays high either way.

It's probably not a whole better, if any, than the other hurricane rubbers. I'm not too familiar with their offerings, but usually use things more along the lines of victas 401, joola golden tango etc. hybrids