OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:11

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2021, 11:31 

Blade: XIOM MUV 5.5S Hyspin
Hi all,

I used to play TT about 28 years ago and recently I got a XIOM T5 table in my garage, also got proper lighting installed. I already have a XIOM MUV 5.5S and some other ordinary quality bats.

I am looking to purchase a decent bat which can help enjoy and learn TT better than these cheaper bats. I have seen Sanwei M8 with 729 rubber recommended on this forum a few times. DHS 6002 is also available at a good price. Would appreciate if you could suggest which of these should be preferred, or if you think there is any other good bat for intermediate level play please suggest. Budget is quite flexible, but of course don't want to spend too much if it doesn't make any sense for beginner to intermediate level player. Thanks

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2021, 14:29 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Either would be OK, the Sanwei would probably be a lot lighter. If the 6002 has H3 rubber on it it'll probably feel a little slow.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2021, 18:00 

iskandar taib wrote:
Either would be OK, the Sanwei would probably be a lot lighter. If the 6002 has H3 rubber on it it'll probably feel a little slow.

Iskandar

Thanks Iskandar. I've seen you have been recommending M8/729 combo since long time, I took your advice and ordered a couple of these bats today :)
Last night I got some 3 star balls and we could see a huge difference, before that we were using cheap quality balls. Hopefully these bats will make the game even more enjoyable.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2021, 01:37 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yeah, the three star balls (hopefully one of the REAL ITTF approved three star balls) are a big improvement over the rec-grade balls you find in sports shops or drugstores. Be careful, there are lots of cheap balls that also claim to be "three stars" - I've even seen "four star" balls on occasion.

Mind you, the good brand one and two star balls (that you get from real TT retailers) are almost as good, they at least feel "real".

Iskandar

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2021, 14:43 

iskandar taib wrote:
Yeah, the three star balls (hopefully one of the REAL ITTF approved three star balls) are a big improvement over the rec-grade balls you find in sports shops or drugstores. Be careful, there are lots of cheap balls that also claim to be "three stars" - I've even seen "four star" balls on occasion.

Mind you, the good brand one and two star balls (that you get from real TT retailers) are almost as good, they at least feel "real".

Iskandar

When I ordered bats yesterday I also ordered these balls, these have got very good reviews on Aliexpress, and hopefully would be genuine.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3290032 ... 4c4dx9GeJv

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2021, 05:21 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yeah, those are good balls, and the vendor is a known good one. I must admit, I'm partial to the bi-colored balls (half white, half orange) of the same brand. They're not ITTF-approved for tournament play but are essentially the same thing as the white or orange balls. They're just more visible where I play (where the background isn't a uniform color and there is often quite a bit of glare).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2021, 18:09 

Blade: Yinhe N9s cPen
FH: Yinhe Mercury 2 hard
BH: DHS Skyline 3-60
If it's not too late, You could have tried some premade stuff on AliExpress, you'll fiind some pre-made rackets totally different from the ones you'll find in the sport equipment stores, some premades that changed my opinion about the pre-made paddles. Yinhe, Palio, 729/Friendship and recently Loki make some awesome pre-made paddles for less than <15 USD.

Even the cheap Huieson "premades" are excelent in comparison with the mainstream premades

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2021, 19:11 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
iskandar taib wrote:
Yeah, those are good balls, and the vendor is a known good one. I must admit, I'm partial to the bi-colored balls (half white, half orange) of the same brand. They're not ITTF-approved for tournament play but are essentially the same thing as the white or orange balls. They're just more visible where I play (where the background isn't a uniform color and there is often quite a bit of glare).

Iskandar

Do the bi coloured balls allow you to see the spin on the ball?

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2021, 04:19 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

They do sometimes, if the balls are slow. Mainly short serves. But that's not the reason I like them. I suppose the original idea was that you'd be able to show spin on TV by using a high frame rate camera for slow motion - they used these balls in the Chinese Super League.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2021, 04:19 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

They do sometimes, if the balls are slow. Mainly short serves. But that's not the reason I like them. I suppose the original idea was that you'd be able to show spin on TV by using a high frame rate camera for slow motion - they used these balls in the Chinese Super League.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2021, 05:23 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

Then It would probably help opponent to read what's coming back from ox lp,I know that my chops sometimes look like float when there's backspin on them and they don't lift enough to compensate and end up netting their return,in fact I didn't realise this myself till we made a spintracker type ball and was surprised at the amount of backspin I was making. :Chop:

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2021, 15:02 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

It might... still worth buying a box to see, I suppose. I like them because I can see them better.

Iskandar