OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2021, 15:22 

Blade: ]Zhang Jike Blue Dragon
FH: Xiom Vega Euro DF Max
BH: SauerTroger Hellfire X OX
I’m shopping for a lower grip rubber for my forehand that performs somewhat akin to my Xiom Vega Euro DF in Max after about 30+ hours of play, when the grip is sort of half gone but the cushyness is still there so I can block, flat hit with control, and spin up the ball too for diversity.

I use a Butterfly Innershield Layer ZLF blade with Tibhar Grass DTecs in OX on my backhand. I’m rated 1720.

My style as a lefty is to play maybe 60% backhand including both blocking and aggressive LP attacking. Once I can get the ball squarely to my forehand I will attack repeatedly into the opponents backhand, being a lefty, usually with semi-topspin, semi-flat drives.

What precipitated this inquiry is that I’ve noticed I play better when my forehand rubber is towards the end of its life. I’m always reluctant to change it because of how well I play when it’s worn out!

For my serves I use my forehand rubber 80% of the time, and I have very heavy serves. I don’t want to lose the ability to serve heavy as I score points on my first and third balls from my well-oiled serves.

Any suggestions on soft, deep, slow, forehand rubbers that aren’t so grippy but still facilitate serves and attacks would be great.

Thanks,
Brendan

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2021, 19:29 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Yes, I perceive your need very well. YASAKA Anti Power is the very thing for you.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2021, 00:18 

I would say the requirement for serves rules out any Anti Type rubber.

Perhaps TSP Ventus Basic, which, from all I've heard is soft and very spin-insensitive for a Tensor rubber. You should be able to get it very cheap right now, because TSP is being discontinued. The rubber will continue as Victas Ventus Regular, so if it works out, it's still available.
Here is a good review, it's in German, but you can use deepl to translate:
https://www.tt-spin.de/tsp-ventus-basic/