OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 18:47

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2022, 02:43 

Blade: Sauer and Troger Zeus
FH: Xiom vega Asia DF
BH: Dr Neubauer Troublemaker
Dr Neubauer is now selling two new rubbers. These are Dominance Speed and Dominance Spin.
Has anyone tried either of these new inverted rubbers?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2022, 04:04 

Blade: Turbo 82
FH: Victas 401
BH: Acid Green OX
I currently try the Dominance Spin in 1.3 Red.

Good for chopping, excellent control, heavy underspin.

But don't like it for topspin attack.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2022, 04:28 

I am trying both the speed and spin rubbers with 2.1 black. Hopefully topspin attack will be better.
I will try the Dominance speed first on the forehand and later try the Dominance spin also on the forehand.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2022, 07:55 

I have found that I do not have enough strength and speed to play good topspins with sticky rubbers. So I use the stickiness for backspin combined with some sidespin to destroy the opponent's flow.

Don't know how 2.1 work with the Dominance.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2022, 08:47 

Ganz Opak wrote:
I have found that I do not have enough strength and speed to play good topspins with sticky rubbers. So I use the stickiness for backspin combined with some sidespin to destroy the opponent's flow.

Don't know how 2.1 work with the Dominance.

Perhaps the stickiness gets less over time and makes the topspin easier?

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2022, 06:06 

Both the spin and speed rubbers have a sponge hardness of 38-39 degrees. The top sheet differs with each one.
The speed rubber is faster and the spin rubber has more spin.
Both sponges on the rubbers come with a layer of glue already applied. To apply to the blade, an additional layer of water based glue is put onto the sponge and then onto the blade. Let it dry for 15 minutes and then put onto the blade and cut around it.
I am going to try the Dominance speed rubber first. This is black 2.1 and will be put onto the forehand side of the blade. I will test this next week. Later I will try the Dominance spin rubber which is also 2.1 in black.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2022, 05:30 

I decided to try the Dominance spin rubber first. I put this black(2.1) onto my all round blade on the forehand side.
The top sheet has a tacky surface and feels relatively hard. The sponge has a layer of glue already applied. Glue was then put onto the blade and an extra layer of glue applied to the sponge.
In my first session,I found that Dominance Spin had good control and that the grip on the top sheet enabled me to perform a topspin loop consistently. The speed was a little slower than some of the other tensor rubbers I have used, but this rubber is only 2.1 and not 2.3 or higher. I found also the forehand service with chop was very effective and my opponents had difficulty in returning this service.
In the past, I have used rubbers such as Tackiness Chop and Tackiness Drive, which were popular a few years ago. Dominance Spin feels to have the speed of Drive and the reversal of Chop.
In my next session, I will try the Dominance Speed rubber in black(2.1).

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2022, 08:14 

Neither the Speed nor the Spin are Tensor rubbers, that's why you probably noticed reduced dynamics. Imho the Spin works really linear which helps especially for receive and return. This qualifies both of them for close to the table attacks with heavy topspins (with > 1.8 versions) and chops from the distance (below 1.8).
Think the blade shouldn't be stiff else the combination may be too "dead". Wouldn't combine it with carbon blades. But just my 5 cent. :)

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2022, 00:21 

Ganz Opak wrote:
Neither the Speed nor the Spin are Tensor rubbers, that's why you probably noticed reduced dynamics. Imho the Spin works really linear which helps especially for receive and return. This qualifies both of them for close to the table attacks with heavy topspins (with > 1.8 versions) and chops from the distance (below 1.8).
Think the blade shouldn't be stiff else the combination may be too "dead". Wouldn't combine it with carbon blades. But just my 5 cent. :)

I agree with your opinion.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2022, 05:34 

In my practice session today, I played with the Dominance Speed rubber(2.1 in black).
Like the Dominance Spin rubber, it has a layer of glue applied to the sponge. So a further layer of glue must be applied to the sponge as well as onto the blade.
The Dominance Speed top sheet is tacky, but not as much as on the Dominance Spin rubber. It is also slightly faster than the Spin rubber. Control on both rubbers is similar.
After practicing with the Speed rubber for a couple of hours, I prefer the Spin rubber rather than the Speed rubber. The Dominance Spin is only slightly slower than the Dominance Speed and I can chop better with more effect with the Spin rubber. The Spin rubber suits my game better. However those players who attack more and less reliant on defence, the Dominance Speed rubber will suit them best.