OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 18:18

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 07 May 2022, 03:42 

Hi,
I really enjoy 09c on my bh, but it seems as if the tackiness wears off very quickly and some discoloured spots turn up on the rubber where there’s no spin at all. Frustrating since I really like this rubber. I am not cleaning it since I only use a protection sheet. Anyone with similar experiences or can anyone suggest a similar tacky rubber ?

PostPosted: 07 May 2022, 06:52 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7mm
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
Yasaka Rakza Z plays similar to 09c for less then half the price. Has similar durability

PostPosted: 07 May 2022, 07:09 

Using 09c on forehand I find that it has average durability. It does get worn/discolored in the sweet spot, but haven't notice a big drop in spin. I clean with sponge and water after every practice and use protection sheet.

My blog

PostPosted: 08 May 2022, 09:59 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
Before spending money on new rubber, why not try cleaning your Dignics 09c? No rubber, not even one as good is 09c, can perform well when its coated with sweat, oil, and dirt. These contaminants come from.. the ball, which gets sweaty and oily when handled by players, and then dirty when it rolls on the floor. If you're worried about cleaners affecting your Dignics, don't be. Just avoid solvent-based cleaners. Most any soap or mild detergent -- or TT-specific rubber cleaner -- will do a fine job. I use Simple Green detergent diluted 10:1 with RO water with a microfiber cloth.. cheap, effective, and leaves no residue.

For cleaning my pips-out rubbers I simply spray this same solution on the cloth first and then I buff the pips with the damp cloth to avoid the lengthy drying time that would result if the cleaner had been sprayed directly on the pips. This works on all pips-out rubbers: SP, MP, and LP, the latter of which needs frequent cleaning just like any other rubber, inverted or pips. For deep cleaning pips-out rubber I use a small fingernail brush, soap, and water in the kitchen sink, being careful to keep the water off the wooden blade. This process requires drying time so I don't to it very often.. maybe once every few months. But I clean my SP and LP rubbers with the damp cloth method before each training session.

PostPosted: 09 May 2022, 01:39 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
nathanso wrote:
Before spending money on new rubber, why not try cleaning your Dignics 09c? No rubber, not even one as good is 09c, can perform well when its coated with sweat, oil, and dirt. These contaminants come from.. the ball, which gets sweaty and oily when handled by players, and then dirty when it rolls on the floor. If you're worried about cleaners affecting your Dignics, don't be. Just avoid solvent-based cleaners. Most any soap or mild detergent -- or TT-specific rubber cleaner -- will do a fine job. I use Simple Green detergent diluted 10:1 with RO water with a microfiber cloth.. cheap, effective, and leaves no residue.

For cleaning my pips-out rubbers I simply spray this same solution on the cloth first and then I buff the pips with the damp cloth to avoid the lengthy drying time that would result if the cleaner had been sprayed directly on the pips. This works on all pips-out rubbers: SP, MP, and LP, the latter of which needs frequent cleaning just like any other rubber, inverted or pips. For deep cleaning pips-out rubber I use a small fingernail brush, soap, and water in the kitchen sink, being careful to keep the water off the wooden blade. This process requires drying time so I don't to it very often.. maybe once every few months. But I clean my SP and LP rubbers with the damp cloth method before each training session.

Why is it necessary to clean the pips? less reversal? less backspin? less whatever?.....

Why don't you clean them after the training session?......

Can you clean the pips with the TT-specific rubber cleaner for the inverted?
My pips have a great spot of dust on the sweet spot, the rest of the rubber is clean,,,, so you mean to just clean the dust in the sweet spot ,right? ......

PostPosted: 10 May 2022, 04:39 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

nille12345 wrote:
Hi,
I really enjoy 09c on my bh, but it seems as if the tackiness wears off very quickly and some discoloured spots turn up on the rubber where there’s no spin at all. Frustrating since I really like this rubber. I am not cleaning it since I only use a protection sheet. Anyone with similar experiences or can anyone suggest a similar tacky rubber ?

Depending on your level of play or your sensitivity to equipment, and the blade you use, you might find that something a lot cheaper like Yinhe Big Dipper or Reactor Tornado might work just as well, to be honest. Otherwise, as others suggest, Rakza Z should be similar. Just put a sheet on a bat, by the way, will post about it once I've had more playing time with it. Not sure why you think not cleaning the rubber is good for it - it's not. Rubber should be cleaned after use (most people just use water) to remove dust, at the very least, before putting on the protective sheet.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 11 May 2022, 02:32 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
iskandar taib wrote:
Depending on your level of play or your sensitivity to equipment, and the blade you use, you might find that something a lot cheaper like Yinhe Big Dipper or Reactor Tornado might work just as well, to be honest.
Iskandar

Did you test D09c in comparison with those rubbers you are suggesting?

PostPosted: 11 May 2022, 19:43 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
TDE

PostPosted: 12 May 2022, 00:35 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
merlin el mago wrote:
TDE

What does that mean?

PostPosted: 12 May 2022, 21:59 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
Victas Triple Double Extra (TDE).

Also Nittaku H3 all versions are a very good alternative.

PostPosted: 31 May 2022, 05:18 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
Sami wrote:
Why is it necessary to clean the pips? less reversal? less backspin? less whatever?.....

Why don't you clean them after the training session?......

Can you clean the pips with the TT-specific rubber cleaner for the inverted?
My pips have a great spot of dust on the sweet spot, the rest of the rubber is clean,,,, so you mean to just clean the dust in the sweet spot ,right? ......

I open attacks with my very ungrippy pips. And maintaining consistent grip out of pips-out rubber is very important for consistent results. Dirty pips become much more slippery especially at humid sport-hall conditions.

My inverted side is also affected by ambient humidity and dump balls but I depend more on my pips side performance.

I clean my rubbers in the bathroom with wet palm and fingers after every playing session. And one out of 3-5 sessions I use slightly soapy fingers. No special equipment.

PostPosted: 31 May 2022, 22:52 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

HYGIENE NEEDED FOR ANUS AND THE PIPS_OUT RUBBER EITHER.

Wet hygienical sheets will do only well to keep up pips-out clean.
WET TOILET PAPER SHEETS, 42 Pcs a pack.
The dust and scurf will always accumulate a lot onto the short pips in play. This is to wreck your game badly.

Be happy.