OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 30 May 2022, 17:21 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I'm curious to know how much interest there is in rubbers in colours other than red and black?

I've only seen a couple of players with blue inverted rubbers, and one with green pimple rubbers.

Are you using any of the new colours, or are players at your club using them?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 30 May 2022, 21:36 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
No-one at our club of 50, however, its rare that someone will actually change their rubbers at all. I'd doubt most people at our club are even aware of the rule.

I'm the equipment orderer at the club and I'm not sure I will order a bat with coloured rubber unless specifically asked.

PostPosted: 30 May 2022, 22:51 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

SIGNAL COLOURS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissis ... y_disorder

Actually, playing the game with those varicoloured rubbers will signalize a fancy person with some abnormal mental deviation. Dont take this from me, just consult for a correct medical diagnosis in the Freudistic handbooks , the famous psyhiatrist of Austria.

PostPosted: 30 May 2022, 23:31 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
igorponger wrote:
SIGNAL COLOURS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissis ... y_disorder

Actually, playing the game with those varicoloured rubbers will signalize a fancy person with some abnormal mental deviation. Dont take this from me, just consult for a correct medical diagnosis in the Freudistic handbooks , the famous psyhiatrist of Austria.

If you want to really slip by unnoticed , using colours like green or blue will not help at all.
Yes, by using these colours you portray an image of yourself but it does not mean it is some abnormal mental deviation .

Btw some rubbers in these conspicuous colours offer different feaures like better reversal and so on

PostPosted: 30 May 2022, 23:53 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
I'd hope TSP Curl comes with another color, green seems to be grippy and slower, so I can use black for my FH then.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 31 May 2022, 00:04 
My Precious

FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
I play in an over 50s club & have just finished the summer season in a local league. I have 2 blades that I use OX D.TecS LP on my BHs, one is red & the other one is green. :clap: Love my green LP :*: :up:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 31 May 2022, 03:23 
Super User

In my club nobody is using the new colours.Been to a tourney recently... very few people using blue and green rubbers.

Why this new trend? why not modify some existing rules to benefit the game?

Business is business.......... :lol:

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2022, 17:53 
Super User

Blade: Acoustic Carbon Inner ST
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Rakza Z
I’ve been using pink max Tibhar Quantum X Pro on the backhand for a couple of months. Compared with Tibhar MX-K, it is slightly slower and has a higher arc, so I find it a bit safer and more controllable.

It’s a fraction less spinny than Rakza 7, but again, there’s the tradeoff of being more controllable and probably less sensitive to incoming spin. I can still generate decent spin with it.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2022, 23:02 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
I am tempted to try something. But my favorite rubbers only come in red and black.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2022, 00:18 
Super User

Gollum wrote:
I play in an over 50s club & have just finished the summer season in a local league. I have 2 blades that I use OX D.TecS LP on my BHs, one is red & the other one is green. :clap: Love my green LP :*: :up:

Is it so true Green OX D.TecS plays better than the red or black version? then, it makes sense to try out the new color.However, just play in blue or green for the sake of it is pointless imo.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2022, 16:06 
My Precious

FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
charmander defender wrote:
Gollum wrote:

Is it so true Green OX D.TecS plays better than the red or black version? then, it makes sense to try out the new color.However, just play in blue or green for the sake of it is pointless imo.

"charmander defender" Initially got the green because it was as in grass but the green rubber is a little softer which makes it slightly slower with more spin reversal :up: love the rubber :clap:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2022, 13:41 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Photino for now
FH: Haifu Blue Whale for now
BH: Donic Bluefire for now
There’s a guy at the club that has a green sheet of Sauer & Troger long pips that are pretty dad gum nasty. He plays well with it. Isn’t that really all that matters? He likes it and plays well with it. What else really matters? Does it really have to say anything about them other than that?

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2022, 18:54 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
I bought some green dtecs, because I thought it was fun - y'know - green/grass. I couldn't tell any difference versus red or black, but people were quicker to note twiddles, as they're not used to seeing green.

It also had an effect of amplifying myself as a "problem" player - funny rubber, nasty style etc. That could go two ways - either embrace it, and celebrate it, or figure you don't need more attention/hate, and thus decide not to.

On balance I think I'll stick with regular colours, but it was fun for a bit.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2022, 09:29 
Super User

I totally agree with Lord cope. I have returned to grass dtech in red. Playing wise I found no difference at all playing with the green version

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2022, 15:51 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

For the last 3-4 months I've been playing with red on both sides.. :lol: :lol: :lol: Mainly because when I bought that sheet of Rakza Z they only had red and I had a perfectly good red sheet of T88 Taiji on the other side. No one's complained so far, since I use inverted both sides there hasn't been any issue, and I haven't played in any tournaments... :lol: The Rakza Z is still going strong (as tacky as it ever was), so I don't know what I'll buy next, probably some version of Bluegrip (does it come in blue? :lol: ). I have played with yellow Octopus in the past (it wasn't even in the LARC, but it was the first rubber I ever came across that came in other colors so I bought a sheet), I'm not likely to get another sheet of it even if were on sale (which I don't think it is).

Iskandar