OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 02:52

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2022, 04:11 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
I had to chance to test the new Dr Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard in 2.1mm black. Thanks to Carsten for the opportunity. I tested it in 2 training sessions (there is a video on my YouTube channel from one of the sessions), ones on an OSP Virtuoso (5-ply all-wood) and ones on an OSP Ultimate (7-ply all-wood) and these are my impressions:
- the topsheet is slightly tacky, enough to pick up a ball but not as much as Hurricane 3 (my reference) out of the box
- the sponge is medium-hard (listed as 47º) and not as hard as my Hurricane 3 (39º) but maybe similar to T05
- the rubbers plays very linear and does not show much catapult effect only at really high impact shots
- due to the low catapult the control is excellent on all shots; I really liked it on shorts serves and short returns
- relatively low bounce, definitely lower than Hurricane 3 which needed a little bit of adjustment
- very controlled and consistent on loop with much better margins than Hurricane 3
- very stable on blocks and maybe a little bit less spin sensitive than Hurricane 3
- feels maybe a little bit "dead" compare to my Hurricane 3 though that had been boosted with 1 layer
Overall, I really liked the new Dr Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard and I am planning to further play with it as I see the advantage of better control and margins. I am thinking to also boost it with 1 layer to bring maybe a little bit more to life. To me this the best Dr. N inverted rubber so far.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2022, 00:23 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Interesting, I've never tried one of their inverted rubbers, but the pips and anti are always great quality, I might have to give it a shot.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2022, 21:21 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 2.0
BH: Dr Neub Desperado OX
I also had a chance to hit with the new rubber Dominance Spin Hard 2.1 Red 8)

I can see that everything Matt says is true:
Slightly tacky, very linear, very good control on pushes short serves, short return. :up:
The feeling is a little bit ‘dead’ if you are used to high catapult Tensor rubber but the control of this one is really good: very consistent, you get what you give. :devil:

I think the rubber is in between Dominance Spin and Dominance Speed.
The speed rubber is in general faster but I think with the right technique the Dominance Spin Hard rubber can perform the same speed. It is not as easy as with the Speed rubber but it can be as fast. But as a rewarding it is easier to perform much more spin with than with the Speed rubber. If you want something between the SPIN and SPEED rubber this is the one. I think with good technique the Dominance SPIN HARD is the best if you don’t mind the little loss of catapult.

Very good rubber :rock:

PostPosted: 10 May 2023, 03:35 
Super User

Update: I still play with the Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard and I have since applied one layer of booster. This makes the rubber a little bit livelier but still not to the level of a Hurricane 3 which responds better to the booster. However, the Dominance Spin Hard is still extremely controllable and consistent. I like the margins on loops and in particular on opening against underspin. It's fun to play with and I don't miss the H3.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2024, 08:05 

Blade: Sanwei Parla
FH: Sanwei Target National
BH: Sanwei Dizzy
My Dear AntiRules friend,

After reading your test, I’m curious about how do you think it would work in a fast blade as Matador Texa Carbon or Matador Texa Balsa?

Thanks for your answers, always so useful.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2024, 08:49 
Super User

Diegox wrote:
I’m curious about how do you think it would work in a fast blade as Matador Texa Carbon or Matador Texa Balsa?

Diego, I have not tested on on Matador Texa Carbon or Matador Texa Balsa since I don't like carbon blade so I can't tell you directly but I play it on a fairly heavy OSP Ultimate (the original Ultimate) which is a fairly fast all-wood OFF blade (probably slightly faster than the original Matador blade) and it works very well on it. The Dominance Spin Hard is not the fastest and bounciest rubber so it can be played on pretty fast blades. What blade do you currently use?

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2024, 16:41 

Blade: Sanwei Parla
FH: Sanwei Target National
BH: Sanwei Dizzy
Matt Pimple wrote:
Diegox wrote:
I’m curious about how do you think it would work in a fast blade as Matador Texa Carbon or Matador Texa Balsa?

Diego, I have not tested on on Matador Texa Carbon or Matador Texa Balsa since I don't like carbon blade so I can't tell you directly but I play it on a fairly heavy OSP Ultimate (the original Ultimate) which is a fairly fast all-wood OFF blade (probably slightly faster than the original Matador blade) and it works very well on it. The Dominance Spin Hard is not the fastest and bounciest rubber so it can be played on pretty fast blades. What blade do you currently use?

Hi,

Thanks for you answer. This information is so clear and useful. I have played all my life with a Petr Korbel blade, for me this is not a super fast blade, more a control one and ideal for my long pips OX. This is why I was always looking for faster inverted rubbers like the Xiom Vega Pro that I’m using now. But I’m thinking to change it and I’m considering this combination: Matador Texa Carbon or Matador Texa Balsa, with Dominance Spin Hard and Trouble Maker or Desperado.

Also I’m considering to try Dominance Spin for testing if the difference of control in a faster blade can be a problem.

Regards.