OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2023, 02:22 

I have been using Rakza 7 max sponge for about 3 years now. My current Rakza 7 is worn out and in need of a change. I have tried a variety of rubbers but always find myself coming back to Rakza 7.

I have confirmed that only Euro/ESN style rubbers work for my style of play. I have always wondered about Tenergy 05 but the price and durability puts me off it. I don't like tensor rubbers due to their durability.

My blade is Tibhar Stratus Power Wood.

I'm looking for a rubber similar to Rakza 7 but with a bit more power and speed. I primarily do slow spinny brush loops. I have shortlisted two rubbers so far,

Xiom Vega X
Xiom Omega VII Pro

Are there any other rubbers that would suit me? This is me playing a local league match(I'm the guy in blue).

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2023, 03:28 

Blade: Sweden Classic
FH: DNA platinum medium
BH: Feint long 3
In my club that is sponsored by Yasaka it’s very normal to play with the Rakza 7 soft and when our coach feels that a player is good enough they naturally progress to the rakza X. You could try it but I don’t know a hundred percent my self because I went from playing rakza 7 to the DNA platinum m because I somehow got one for free.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2023, 08:36 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I think the Rakza 7 is the spinniest of the Rakza series, so for slow spinny loops it's probably the most suitable.
Tenergy 05 is not a Tensor, but does use tension technology. I do think it's more durable compared to Rakza 7.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2023, 16:35 

Fastarc g1

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2023, 19:00 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
haggisv wrote:
I think the Rakza 7 is the spinniest of the Rakza series, so for slow spinny loops it's probably the most suitable.
Tenergy 05 is not a Tensor, but does use tension technology. I do think it's more durable compared to Rakza 7.

Have you tried Rakza Z Extra Hard? I found it quite spinny, though I will admit, it's been many years since I used Rakza 7.

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2023, 19:14 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Joo Se Kev wrote:
Have you tried Rakza Z Extra Hard? I found it quite spinny, though I will admit, it's been many years since I used Rakza 7.

I don't think I have and really want to try it now :headbang: ... I'll probably like it as I'm a brush looper and I like slightly tacky rubbers. I have tried so many (Dignics 09C the latest), but always seem to come back to Victas 401 for that extra topspin on brushloops.

The OP is used to non-tacky rubbers though (Rakza 7), so he might have to change technique a little to adjust to tacky rubbers... they're not for everyone and do play different.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2023, 18:58 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
I think you would like the RZEH! And good point about the OP not wanting tacky rubbers, I missed that detail!

OP, the aforementioned G1 is a solid rubber that definitely has more power and speed than Rakza 7. It's got great spin too, though you may find it a bit harder to control.

I also really liked the Evolution MX-S rubber by Tibhar. Technically very slightly tacky, but I don't think it plays like a H3--more like a traditional euro rubber that can spin and brush loop well.

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2023, 19:31 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

To be honest - when I tried Rakza Z for the first time, as usual, I didn't really notice all that much of a difference between it and what I was using before that (what WAS it? Rakza 7 was one or two rubbers before that..). There was all this talk about tacky "tensor" rubbers and I wanted to see what all the hype was about. One thing I can say about Rakza Z is that the tacky lasts a LONG time. It's been at least 6 months and it still picks up a ball from my hand AND HOLDS IT.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2023, 21:09 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Xiom Vega X is slower and a heavier than VII 7 pro which is a very light for a pro level rubber but supposed to be very grippy and is very good value. https://www.tt-test.de/xiom-vega-x-test/ Xiom Jekyll & Hyde 47.5 plays great at least in black but perhaps not the grippiest.

Tenergy 05 does not suit everyone being quite hard to control with less than perfect technique with its short contact time. Tenergy 19 might be a better option. For max durability perhaps Dignics 80.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2023, 23:15 

haggisv wrote:
Joo Se Kev wrote:

I don't think I have and really want to try it now :headbang: ... I'll probably like it as I'm a brush looper and I like slightly tacky rubbers. I have tried so many (Dignics 09C the latest), but always seem to come back to Victas 401 for that extra topspin on brushloops.

The OP is used to non-tacky rubbers though (Rakza 7), so he might have to change technique a little to adjust to tacky rubbers... they're not for everyone and do play different.

I thought people who use ESN rubbers do the brush looping?

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2023, 23:19 

ALC_Agent wrote:
Fastarc g1

I have already tried Fastarc g1. I found it was slower and less spinnier than Rakza 7. My setup was Fastarc G1(F), Rakza 7(B) on tibhar stratus power wood. But I switched Rakza 7 to forehand after I found i could generate more spin with Rakza 7. I eventually binned Fastarc G1 for Donic Barracuda for my backhand.

I felt Fastarc G1 gets worn out much faster as well.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2023, 23:25 

Joo Se Kev wrote:
I think you would like the RZEH! And good point about the OP not wanting tacky rubbers, I missed that detail!

OP, the aforementioned G1 is a solid rubber that definitely has more power and speed than Rakza 7. It's got great spin too, though you may find it a bit harder to control.

I also really liked the Evolution MX-S rubber by Tibhar. Technically very slightly tacky, but I don't think it plays like a H3--more like a traditional euro rubber that can spin and brush loop well.

I thought about Rakza Z and have always wondered about tacky rubbers but I've never liked playing with chinese rubbers. So I'm a bit sceptical about shelling money for tacky rubbers. At least the chinese rubbers were cheap.