OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 06:33

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 13 May 2023, 03:11 

Blade: BTY Innerforce ALC
FH: Young Shine DingTian Blue
BH: YoungShineDingTian Orange
Hey everyone I am hoping someone can please help me even if they do not have specific experience with this rubber,

Right I have a HUGE question that I hope someone can answer ASAP. I am currently wanting to buy the Galaxy / Yinhe Jupiter 3 ASIA Edition for my backhand and it offers a range of hardnesses between 37 to 41deg CHINESE SCALE. I am currently using another chinese rubber which is 39deg however I think it is too slow. Is it slow because the rubber is too hard with no catapult effect? Or is it because it is too soft with no catapult effect (like tenergy).

Basically, I am looking for a faster rubber than my current BH so do I buy it with a hardness less than 39deg or more than 39deg. I feel like softer sponge is easier to compress but less top speed. However, harder sponge will take more effort to compress but has a higher top speed.

This is also very strange as my FH rubber (Young Shine Ding Tian Blue) is 40deg(CN scale) and it feels amazing on my BH but it only comes in one colour so I cannot buy that one again :headbang:

Please if someone can help me please tell me which hardness worked for you or recommend to me! Thank you! :D :D

PostPosted: 13 May 2023, 20:40 

Hi Jun-c,
I am currently using Jupiter 3 Asia in both 38° and 40°. I dont think there is much difference between them but there is a huge difference between this 'sticky' Chinese rubber and most European Tension rubbers. Whilst I am using it on my forehand I do twiddle and use it on my backhand as well.

I find it difficult to use on my backhand and most of the people I play say I have a good backhand so I personally wouldn't recommend it.

I need to say using Sticky rubbers with hard sponge is a huge learning curve for me and according to my research mainly on youtube requires different technique from tensor rubbers.

Tensor rubbers are more forgiving if your technique is not always correct whereas this rubber will drop off your blade or float long. I guess when I use it on my backhand it lacks the smooth feeling of acceleration I make an attack. The feeling is kind of dead and lacks power.

Despite this it has helped more with opening up with a forehand loop. I don't loop on my backhand punch or drive. Because it's sticky its good at lifting a backspin ball.

There are some good videos about using this type of rubber but we're in Japanese and translated so badly by that the comments can be hilarious.

I have been using it for about 3 weeks and find I have got points from pushing and serving with it where my opponents underestimate how much spin the rubber can generate.

It's good for opening loops on my forehand but I find it not as suitable as tensor rubber on my backhand. I occasionally smash with it on my backhand I'd I get a high ball and it goe okay but with out alot of spin when flat hit.

I am still "sticking" with it and hoping to learn more about its potential for my game.
The good thing is you can get it on Alie Express for about $21 aud, so it's worth giving it a try.

Good luck
BIONIC

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 13 May 2023, 20:48 

Hi Ruthvenz,

I have already been playing with a chinese hard rubber on my bh for a while now and I feel that my technique is there. I asked this initially because some people are saying that this rubber is either slightly tensor or preboosted etc. How different would you say it is to DHS H3 Neo for example?

Lets say that it is too slow, do you have any recommendations for a cheap tensor rubber? What are you using on your BH right now?

Sorry for bombarding you with questions but thank you so much!

PostPosted: 13 May 2023, 23:19 

Hi Jun-c,

I am a bit of a EJ, having 4 different bats set up in the same way or very similar. I have recently bought some Jupiter 2 Max Tense to use on the forehand along with the Jupiter 3 Asia.. So I am using Sticky on one side and on the ( mainly backhand) , I am using Nittaku Moristo DF. I have it in 3 different thicknesses on the different blades 1.2, 1.4 1.8.

This is a very interesting rubber as it has a very soft topsheet and sponge so even the thinest version, apart from great control you can still topspin with it. Also it's great for smashing.

It's crazy I know but I like experimenting for fun.

I have used Hurrican 3 Neo for a short time and gave up on it and went back to tensor rubbers on both sides. I think to answer your question based more on what I have read H3 is spinnier, while speed is body and technique dependant.

Now I am giving sticky rubbers another go.

I found KTL Pro XT a very good cheap Chinese rubber that was Tensor like in that it's easy to use.
It's available for $15 on AlieExpress. It's a dam nice rubber for the money and durable

Hope that helps.
BIONIC

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 15 May 2023, 10:32 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Keen sensation in every stroke is the luxury of play.
Hard sponge is dead sponge.

PostPosted: 15 May 2023, 11:43 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Unfortunately there's no such thing as uniformed/standard Chinese Scale as far as I know. So, different brands has their own numbers and unfortunately won't be the same as other brands even though they're all chinese brands. The way to know is to try them and make your own "Chineses Scale" or ask others who has done so. (Good thing Ruthvenz already answered of your question in regard to Jupiter 3 Asia.)
So, when you say you use other 39 degree other chinese rubber, it really doesn't help at all because you didn't specify what rubber it was. Subsequent questions thus not useful because we have no point of reference.
Also, it might help in giving a range of what constitute as "cheap" for the tensor (or similar) rubbers.

As for the FH rubber you use, it's good to know the name and the degree Young Shine Ding Tian Blue, 40deg; but I'm afraid it's not quite popular so most/many would not know. Just be patient in waiting for someone who knows about it and give you a response.

You mention DHS H3 Neo, have you play with it? It might be another point of reference for us. Which version and degree did you use?

Edit:
I just saw your signature, you use DHS H3 Neo orange on the BH. So, indeed you're used to hard chinese rubber.
Without knowing your target cheap price, I'd say Tibhar K1/K1+ and Rakza 7 should be a good candidate, whichever you can get cheaper. Should be faster and easier to use than the current H3 Neo on the BH. For cheap chinese, I'd say give Mercury 2 (medium or hard, don't get the soft), dirt cheap, speed should be around the H3 Neo (but might feel slightly faster), but still easier to use too.
H3 Neo is on slower side for anything other than spin, also the not too fast blade you use is another factor. You need extra muscle and/or better stroke movement to play with H3.
I play H3 and H3 Neo for 10+ years on my FH and was able to switch to Tibhar K1/K1+ just fine. Now I'm playing with Mercury 2 on FH just fine as well.
If you're keen on hard(er) rubber for BH and want slightly faster than the H3 Neo, you could try to get Dianchi (D) rubber, I used this for awhile as well. Just use 38/39 degree.

Another alternative, have you tried flipping your blade? Use the H3 Neo on the FH and YSDTB on the BH as you said it fits well on the BH.

PostPosted: 16 May 2023, 02:04 

Hi rokphish2,

Yes I did not know that but also I shouldve updated this on my profile but my current BH rubber is not DHS H3 Neo cus I changed it to YSDT orange sponge 39deg. However, they both feel exactly the same in my opinion both very slow rubbers. Thank you for giving me the recommendations tho anyway.

Also, yes I have tried flipping my blade but I love TSDTB on the FH and the orange sponge vers is too slow on it so I cannot do that good suggestion though. :headbang:

PostPosted: 16 May 2023, 02:27 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Time to try harder tensor rubbers, I mean harder in euro scale. Not necessarily harder than the Chinese rubbers you currently use. Ha!

PostPosted: 26 May 2023, 21:27 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
There is an opinion from http://www.youtube.com/@Sypachevskii that Jupiter 3 38 is noticeably faster then 39. Not sure.
I tried only 39 and IMO it is harder then many "hard versions" of different rubbers.

I suggest you to try Yinhe Big Dipper, there are many version of it.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2023, 12:23 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe MC2
FH: Yinhe Jupiter 3 39deg
BH: Victas Ventus Extra
Ive been playing with a Jupiter 3 39 on my forehand for about a year now. like it was said, it does feel way way harder than japanese "hard" rubbers.

What I would like to know, what is the difference between Jupiter 3 and BigDipper? Which one's newer?

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2023, 07:34 

Blade: Def +
FH: Slow tacky inverted 1.5
BH: Slow grippy LP ox
priior wrote:
Ive been playing with a Jupiter 3 39 on my forehand for about a year now. like it was said, it does feel way way harder than japanese "hard" rubbers.

What I would like to know, what is the difference between Jupiter 3 and BigDipper? Which one's newer?

Jupiter 3 Asia is a newer one.
I have a Big Dipper 38 and Jupiter 3 Asia 38 (both in red). They are quite different rubbers but also play similarly.

----- Spin Speed
BD - 9/10 - 8,5/10
J3A - 8,5/10 - 9/10