OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 20:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Gambler outlaw
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2009, 11:33 

Fast, lots of spin. Great for looping re-looping and blocking. Havent pushed too much with it, too much fun looping. Was able to flat hit smash with it. Faster than faster 3 about even with 729 08 strongly foward but has much more spin. Couldnt believe the control i had while hitting with this. Can put it all over table with ease. When I first put this on my bomb it didnt seem to be anything great, but after 3-4 sessions hitting with it really came alive. Will have to push and chop with this next time out and report back. 729/lkt/gambler sheets i have tried from best to least liked: outlaw, rapid speed, 729 08 sf, 729 02 sensor, faster3, silver dragon, aces, four kings, cream mrs, 968, geospin tacky, torrent, 729 lightning super fx oem. Reminds me of nittaku naurcross ex soft, same speed but more spin/control. Will be my forehand rubber from now on. Just as fast as bryce fx with more spin although bryce punch blocks better. I really like the price: $14 us 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2009, 11:49 

I'm using Outlaw and love it also. I'm surprised you feel the speed is close to 729-08. I felt the 8 was way slower, but still a good rubber. To me the 8 seemed like any other traditional chinese rubber- hard, tacky, slow(relatively), and high throw. In my opinion the two rubbers have almost nothing in common except the hardness-Outlaw is quite hard for a non-tacky rubber( I realize you didn't say they were similar rubbers).
Where in PA are you from ebark63? I'm from Lancaster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2009, 20:16 
Super User

danhs wrote:
I'm using Outlaw and love it also. I'm surprised you feel the speed is close to 729-08. I felt the 8 was way slower, but still a good rubber. To me the 8 seemed like any other traditional chinese rubber- hard, tacky, slow(relatively), and high throw. In my opinion the two rubbers have almost nothing in common except the hardness-Outlaw is quite hard for a non-tacky rubber( I realize you didn't say they were similar rubbers).

how does it compare to rubbers like boost tp etc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2009, 00:48 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
I had the opportunity to try Outlaw a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed, particularly at its $14 price. It's far superior to even the newer Chinese rubbers like the LKT Rapid series, and surprisingly close to the spendy tensor rubbers I've used like T05 and E2.

If $50/sheet rubbers aren't in your budget then I'd give a serious look at Gambler Outlaw. If I hadn't settled in on E2 I'd probably be using Outlaw now myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2009, 02:29 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Check out my review of the Palio Macro ERA. I haven't used the Gambler Outlaw yet, but it sounds like if you like the Gambler you might love the Palio. And it's not that much more than the Gambler.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2009, 03:44 
Super User

danhs wrote:

Danhs,

Now that you have been using Outlaw for a few weeks, is the tuning effect lasting, or wearing off at all? My biggest concern with tuned rubber is that the tuning evaporates over time.

Saviga V 0.6

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2009, 05:19 

Danhs; live in Johnstown,pa and have played at Carlisle. Is there still a club in lancaster? Would love to come out and hit. I thought the 08 was bouncier than the outlaw,but the outlaw had more top end. My sheet didn't seem to be too hard at all, maybe mine was from a different batch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2009, 07:10 
Super User

nathanso wrote:
I had the opportunity to try Outlaw a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed, particularly at its $14 price. It's far superior to even the newer Chinese rubbers like the LKT Rapid series, and surprisingly close to the spendy tensor rubbers I've used like T05 and E2.

How do you think Outlaw compares to 05?

Saviga V 0.6

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2009, 07:34 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Glueless wrote:
How do you think Outlaw compares to 05?

I'm afraid I didn't get enough time with Gambler Outlaw to comment on this comparo specifically. I only recall being sufficiently impressed to feel that it was in an altogether different league than the $14 Chinese inverteds I've been buying of late, such as Gambler Aces, LKT Rapid Soft, Geosoft Tacky, Dawei IQ UL SV, and a couple of 729 rubbers.

Note quite up to E2 level performance or control, but it certainly provides more bang for the buck.. assuming its infused properties don't fade prematurely. Between T05 and E2 I think it played closer to E2, though I now recall thinking it had a somewhat high throw angle. Sorry.. it's been a while, now. Certainly someone here on ooak will obtain a sheet and end the mystery. In fact, I've been wondering where the chatter was on Outlaw.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2009, 12:57 
Super User

nathanso wrote:
I'm afraid I didn't get enough time with Gambler Outlaw to comment on this comparo specifically.

I knew you had only had a quick hit with the rubber, so I do understand and appreciate the feedback that you have given.

nathanso wrote:
Certainly someone here on ooak will obtain a sheet and end the mystery.

And it shall be me. Once it gets here, I will be sure to post my thoughts and impressions.

Saviga V 0.6

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2009, 13:06 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Glueless wrote:
And it shall be me. Once it gets here, I will be sure to post my thoughts and impressions.

I've got two sheets on order myself. :D One of my surplus bats (the Wavestone, in fact) is presently in the hands of an up and coming teen player at my club, with T05 one one side and his lackluster H2 (or was it his H3?) on the other. Huge speed difference side to side! So I'll be upgrading one side to Outlaw the next time I run into him.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2009, 15:26 
Super User

nathanso wrote:
I've got two sheets on order myself. :D One of my surplus bats (the Wavestone, in fact) is presently in the hands of an up and coming teen player at my club, with T05 one one side and his lackluster H2 (or was it his H3?) on the other. Huge speed difference side to side! So I'll be upgrading one side to Outlaw the next time I run into him.

Generous benefactor!

If you can steal that blade after getting the Outlaw on, it would be interesting to have a quick comparison between Outlaw and 05.

P.S. Love the avatar :)

Saviga V 0.6

Post subject: Re: Gambler outlaw
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2009, 12:12 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

My high recommendation goes to Gambler Outlaw 2.2. This rubber looks and plays surprisingly like Joola Express Two, and at less than 1/3 the price it's an incredible bargain. The dense white foam is very similar looking to that of E2, and as with E2 the designers have somehow discovered how to increase speed and control at the same time. The throw angle may be a tad lower than E2 though I don't have identically set up bats to prove this out at the moment. The top sheet is gorgeous and quite spinny. One hallmark of Outlaw seems to be vicious, late dipping loops, yet it also blocks very well which is unexpected for a fast rubber.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2009, 14:19 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

Is it a heavier or lighter rubber compared to the T05?

Cheers.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2009, 18:58 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

fattchoi wrote:
Is it a heavier or lighter rubber compared to the T05?

Cheers.

It should now be part of the Rubber Mass Database.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next