OOAK Table Tennis Forum
https://ooakforum.com/

Introduce yourself
https://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=431
Page 145 of 158

Author:  pgpg [ 13 Feb 2017, 02:29 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

ExiledPlayer-99 wrote:
Hello Friends :P

I've just finished Setting up my profile so i tought its Time to introduce Myself

The Name Is Exiled, altough you can preferably call Me Timm, as its my real Name

I Played 1 1/2 years as a modern Defender and rexently reached 1375 TTR, now Standing a Bit Above 1350TTR

Dont really know What it means in USATT but i try to improve Every day

I read a lot and wanna thank you all for The Knowledge i got about The Short pimple Game

This Forum Is The reason i am changing to SP/MP

Im currently 17 y.o, And Hope i have a good Time :)

Old Setup: NSD- Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.3mm- FL II 1.1mm

New Setup: Is in my Signature

Greetz


Welcome, 'Exiled' - you are probably around 1650-1700 in USATT system.

Author:  ExiledPlayer-99 [ 13 Feb 2017, 02:41 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

pgpg wrote:
ExiledPlayer-99 wrote:
Hello Friends :P

I've just finished Setting up my profile so i tought its Time to introduce Myself

The Name Is Exiled, altough you can preferably call Me Timm, as its my real Name

I Played 1 1/2 years as a modern Defender and rexently reached 1375 TTR, now Standing a Bit Above 1350TTR

Dont really know What it means in USATT but i try to improve Every day

I read a lot and wanna thank you all for The Knowledge i got about The Short pimple Game

This Forum Is The reason i am changing to SP/MP

Im currently 17 y.o, And Hope i have a good Time :)

Old Setup: NSD- Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.3mm- FL II 1.1mm

New Setup: Is in my Signature

Greetz


Welcome, 'Exiled' - you are probably around 1650-1700 in USATT system.


Thanks a lot for The welcome :)

Author:  deep2006 [ 20 Feb 2017, 02:24 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

- country : INDIA
- club : EUROSTAR SURAT GUJARAT UNDER COACH HRADAY DESAI
- how long you've been playing (how old? :oops: ) : 44 YEAR MALE . PLAYED COMPETIVELY LAST IN 1987 AND THEN
LEFT COMPLETELY. NOW STARTED SINCE LAST ONE YEAR
playing style : DEFENSIVE
- level : NO LEVEL AT PRESENT. LEFT AS NO. 3 OF GUJARAT STATE JUNIOR TEAM IN 1987
- job or what you do outside TT : AM AN EYE SURGEON WITH MY OWN EYE HOSPITAL
- other hobbies : PAINTING DRAWING RUNNING HALF MARATHONS READING WRITING POETRY
- how you stumbled upon this forum :STUDYING TABLE TENNIS AS I WISH TO GAIN MY LOST FORM!!!( LOL PERSONAL
DREAM)

Author:  darucla [ 22 Feb 2017, 01:59 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

deep2006 wrote:
- country : INDIA
- club : EUROSTAR SURAT GUJARAT UNDER COACH HRADAY DESAI
- how long you've been playing (how old? :oops: ) : 44 YEAR MALE . PLAYED COMPETIVELY LAST IN 1987 AND THEN
LEFT COMPLETELY. NOW STARTED SINCE LAST ONE YEAR
playing style : DEFENSIVE
- level : NO LEVEL AT PRESENT. LEFT AS NO. 3 OF GUJARAT STATE JUNIOR TEAM IN 1987
- job or what you do outside TT : AM AN EYE SURGEON WITH MY OWN EYE HOSPITAL
- other hobbies : PAINTING DRAWING RUNNING HALF MARATHONS READING WRITING POETRY
- how you stumbled upon this forum :STUDYING TABLE TENNIS AS I WISH TO GAIN MY LOST FORM!!!( LOL PERSONAL
DREAM)

Well done and I hope you achieve your dream. I have just been watching the Indian Open, which was fun.
It is surprising how many people have left the sport and then returned. I wonder how many sports experience this phenomenon.

Author:  Der_Echte [ 25 Feb 2017, 18:47 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

Darucla,

your screen name is very close to the original member Reb whose status name is Count Darkula

Fly over to Reb and put a match on vid...

Author:  darucla [ 26 Feb 2017, 00:40 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

Nobody believes this, but I took this screen name some years ago (2005) when I was studying at UCLA* for a year. I added my initials to it, and voila, D.A.R.U.C.L.A. I didn't even think about the anagram possibilities for a few weeks. Blame the state university system of California.

* I was the oldest person studying at UCLA, and, very possibly, the oldest person in Los Angeles at the time.

Author:  LordCope [ 26 Feb 2017, 01:38 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

darucla wrote:
I was very possibly, the oldest person in Los Angeles at the time.


Are you very very old!?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Author:  darucla [ 28 Feb 2017, 09:08 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

I sometimes feel very old, but especially so in Los Angeles, where hardly anyone is over 35 (at least not in public). And I have had no cosmetic surgery. :lol:

Author:  noboru [ 28 Feb 2017, 12:24 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

Hi all~

Noboru is my second name, the japanese name, so let's roll with it haha. Here in Brazil, where I was born and still live, it's not hard to see japanese descendants with a brazilian name and a japanese name.

I'm a 23 years old CPEN player. Been playing more seriously for about 2 years, trying to become the best player I can be.

Inspired mostly by Ross Leidy, I recently started taking woodworking classes with hopes of being able to start producing my own blades. The possibilities make me really excited about it!

Wang Hao is my idol, but nowadays Ma Long has been a great inspiration to me. His forehand technique is just gorgeous haha *u*

I've stumbled upon this forum because, well, table tennis. And Google.

Well, that's it for now! Feels good to be here!

Author:  NoGame [ 01 Mar 2017, 14:23 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

Hey all, new/old guy here wanting to get into TT a bit. Nothing serious, mostly just for recreation and fitness. Too many years of sitting on my rear watching TV. Time to get out and do something fun. I'm looking forward to learning from you all!

- where are you from, country and club, where you play USA, no club, near Dallas Tx
- how long you've been playing (how old? :oops: ) Played a lot in high school but not regularly since then. I'm 53 so that was a WHILE back....
- playing style lacking, for sure.
- level Are there negative levels? I'll probably be in there somewhere.
- job or what you do outside TT Machine shop rat. I program CNC machines and sometimes run them as well.
- other hobbies Hotrods, model airplanes.

- how you stumbled upon this forum Google sent me.

Author:  Der_Echte [ 01 Mar 2017, 14:26 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

darucla wrote:
I sometimes feel very old, but especially so in Los Angeles, where hardly anyone is over 35 (at least not in public). And I have had no cosmetic surgery. :lol:

I am well over 35 and might be in Hyundai Korean TTC in Korea town this Fri or Sat...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Author:  darucla [ 02 Mar 2017, 12:00 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

Der_Echte wrote:
darucla wrote:
I sometimes feel very old, but especially so in Los Angeles, where hardly anyone is over 35 (at least not in public). And I have had no cosmetic surgery. :lol:

I am well over 35 and might be in Hyundai Korean TTC in Korea town this Fri or Sat...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk


OK, you got me. I was using hyperbole. I'm sorry.

Of course, here in England, everybody does that. Every. Body.

Author:  Maurice [ 09 Mar 2017, 07:36 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

- where are you from, country and club, where you play. I'm from The Netherlands, play here too and at the club ttv Borne.
- how long you've been playing (how old? :oops: ). I'm 16 years old and I have been playing for like 2,5 3 years.
- playing style This is a bit of a problem. I have big ambitions to become a modern defender (I need to find a good racquet for my playing style)
- level Not that high (not sure about the numbers :p), mainly because my team isn't as positive as I am. And unfortunately I am not trained at all. 2,5 years without training, not long ago a very good player came to our club. He is a very good trainer too so I am very happy about that. Haven't been too serious about table tennis before, but lately I got this super motivation to become way better. IDK where it came from, I just enjoy it even more than ever. Just unfortunate that I don't get good trainings. I just want to train everyday. I do feel like I have potential. It sounds selfish, but I'm not kidding.
- job or what you do outside TT Attending a pre-university education. I like table tennis, cars and random things :p (for example magic)
- other hobbies See previous question :p
- how you stumbled upon this forum. Basically, I have been looking for my first custom racquet. That's how I came here.

Thanks for letting me share :D

Author:  haggisv [ 09 Mar 2017, 11:30 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

Welcome to the forum Maurice :up:
Maurice wrote:
I have big ambitions to become a modern defender (I need to find a good racquet for my playing style)

That's good to hear, you'll get plenty of support here for that style! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Author:  joseph1303 [ 10 Mar 2017, 14:23 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

Hello everyone. My name is Joseph and I live in Delhi, the capital city of India. I started playing table tennis while I was in school but then stopped playing due to other commitments. My passion for the game was restored a year ago when I found a friend who also shares the same passion for the game.

Apart from table tennis I teach french language to school students as French is my passion.

I love the Lord Jesus Christ who is my saviour and thus most of my time apart from studies and playing is spent in church serving the Lord.


Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Page 145 of 158 All times are UTC + 9:30 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/