OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 08:47 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
WifWafWon wrote:
Quote:
derekho asks, How do you change the spins when you chop but still make the actions look the same? When forehand chopping, how to chop a heavy backspin ball and no-spin ball with the same actions? How to change what you're doing to the spin when you're chopping on the backhand side, (long pimples)?

I tend to apply the same amount of spin on the backhand side, but i change spin on my forehand depending on the situation. Changing spin requires work on the hands, arms and understanding the spin on the ball.

That's a really interesting point - no spin variation on the LPs.

I don't think he says that. I think he says he applies the same amount of spin on his BH, meaning he always does the same motion and hand movement with the BH. Besides: if you look at some of his matches, you can clearly see spin variation coming of his BH, off course depending on the spin he gets from the opponent.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 16:49 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
Can you show me such a point in a video Lorre?

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 17:10 

Maybe it is just a matter of proper translation. Don't forget it had to translated twice, often information is lost or mixed up.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 22:22 
Joo Too
Joo Too

WifWafWon wrote:
Can you show me such a point in a video Lorre?

No problem, WWW. We'll look at some of his no spin balls (or very low spin balls). Look at one of his compilation vids:

From 3:46 to 4:02, you see two rallies: one with Matsudaira and one with Ma Lin. In the first he performs a no spin chop as a return. In the second he performs a no spin ball when he returns the unreturnable ball of Ma Lin.

Might also be interesting: in the final clip against Zhang Jike, Zhang blocks the ball. Joo chops it with no spin. He could chop it with a bit of spin if he wanted to, but that's a real bad decision at that level.

Also:

Joo chops the ball back when it's at his heightest point. This is clearly a no spinner. (0:55-0:56).

A no spin ball can be recognized by its flat flight and it doesn't slow down. It suddenly drops.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 22:23 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Coxeroni wrote:
Maybe it is just a matter of proper translation. Don't forget it had to translated twice, often information is lost or mixed up.

I doubt such vital information would get lost, even if it was translated twice.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2013, 07:58 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
Lorre wrote:
Coxeroni wrote:

I asked Dan (from TTD) how he got into contact with Joo and he replied that he is acquainted with a Korean agent who knows Joo and other top players very well.

Pipsy wrote:
Equipment

TerIphik - Hi, I would like to know if the material (rubbers and blades) of professional players is the same to the same material as we (nonprofessional) buy in table tennis shops?

I receive Joo Sae Hyuk blades thats are non-professional but they make special order for professional players. My forehand rubber is a special order and my backhand rubber is received from my team.

Wang asks, do you think boosted players have an advantage over defensive players?

It is an advantage to boost as during 2009-2009 I really felt more backspin on my chops as the rubber was softer.

YosuaYosan asks, -We generally see Korea's National Team member using non-Chinese rubber.. Why don't the Korean National team use Chinese rubber?

This is because we cannot get the Chinese National Team Rubbers.

Some interesting things here.

1) Is Joo pointing to Diode when he says 'special JSH blade' or is it something else? What special order forehand rubber can he be using? Are the Tenergies used by top players different than commercial Tenergies? And the backhand rubber... "received from my team", could that also be something special, different than the commercial version?

2) Biggest advantage for Joo was to have a softer rubber. Why doesn't he use T64FX?

3) Koreans use non-Chinese rubbers because they cannot get the national Chinese rubbers... I wonder, if they had the choice, would they go for Chinese rubbers?

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2013, 16:43 
Master Of Deception
Master Of Deception

WifWafWon wrote:
Quote:
derekho asks, How do you change the spins when you chop but still make the actions look the same? When forehand chopping, how to chop a heavy backspin ball and no-spin ball with the same actions? How to change what you're doing to the spin when you're chopping on the backhand side, (long pimples)?

I tend to apply the same amount of spin on the backhand side, but i change spin on my forehand depending on the situation. Changing spin requires work on the hands, arms and understanding the spin on the ball.

That's a really interesting point - no spin variation on the LPs.

spin variation from LP is small.....Inverted can do much more.
I can 100% (well not 100%)...... let's say pretty much can control my spin with inverted. I can't DICTATE/control spin when using LP but I know how heavy it is after I chop. Some off balance chops had light spin.....didn't plan to change spin but knew that they were light after contact.

EASY P - http://nexyusa.com/collections/rubber/products/easy-p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6tyNTO7 ... ure=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0zkq9Ja3E8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dARovqP9tT0#t=64

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2013, 19:50 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
Pipsy wrote:
2) Biggest advantage for Joo was to have a softer rubber. Why doesn't he use T64FX?

I wasn't around when speed glue was used. Could he be referring to his pips instead?

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2013, 21:51 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Pipsy wrote:
Lorre wrote:
Coxeroni wrote:

I asked Dan (from TTD) how he got into contact with Joo and he replied that he is acquainted with a Korean agent who knows Joo and other top players very well.

QED (quod erat demonstrandum)! 8) I'm not doubting Dan and it's good you contacted him with the question, but we can't look over the fact that some info contradicts the same info in the OOAK's interview. If you see how fluid our interview is and how rigid TTDaily's is, then the conclusion that comes into my mind is that the second isn't given by Joo. I doubt the translator has something to do with this.

Besides, even if it's the translator's fault, what other mistakes has he made and how truthful is the info that couldn't be verified in the interview? We don't know. And the scientist in me says: if the source can't be trusted, then don't use it.

Pipsy wrote:
Pipsy wrote:
Equipment

TerIphik - Hi, I would like to know if the material (rubbers and blades) of professional players is the same to the same material as we (nonprofessional) buy in table tennis shops?

I receive Joo Sae Hyuk blades thats are non-professional but they make special order for professional players. My forehand rubber is a special order and my backhand rubber is received from my team.

Wang asks, do you think boosted players have an advantage over defensive players?

It is an advantage to boost as during 2009-2009 I really felt more backspin on my chops as the rubber was softer.

YosuaYosan asks, -We generally see Korea's National Team member using non-Chinese rubber.. Why don't the Korean National team use Chinese rubber?

This is because we cannot get the Chinese National Team Rubbers.

Some interesting things here.

1) Is Joo pointing to Diode when he says 'special JSH blade' or is it something else? What special order forehand rubber can he be using? Are the Tenergies used by top players different than commercial Tenergies? And the backhand rubber... "received from my team", could that also be something special, different than the commercial version?

3) Koreans use non-Chinese rubbers because they cannot get the national Chinese rubbers... I wonder, if they had the choice, would they go for Chinese rubbers?

1) He might be pointing at it, but don't use pro's the same blade during a long period of time, except if they break it?
Special forehand order = best quality Tenergies
Team backhand = best quality TSP or Tibhar pip

2) This might explain the transition to the DTecs, because it feels softer. Maybe the T64 FX is too soft.

3) I'm certain some would go that way.

Now I'm breaking my own rule. :lol:

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2013, 20:03 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

Where are my manners now.
I've been viewing this epic (yet crisp) interview for days yet I haven't even sent my regards.

I would like to congratulate the OOAKForum team for successfully conducting such an interview!
Seeing the way the interview team gets into contact with Joo and finally conducting a successful interview sets an excellent example of preparation meets chance for everyone of us :up:

Huge thanks to our interviewee Sir Joo Se Hyuk for the time and humbleness to answer our questions. You have done a lot for the good of our beloved sport of table tennis. Let your legacy and deeds be resonated and remembered through generations!

Finally, huge thanks too to the whole team @ One of A Kind Forum for all the time and effort spent to realize this major accomplishment done by our forum. Interview done at the utmost quality at all aspects indeed!

:*: :*: :*: :*: :*:
I think this happens mostly due to the difference in translating quality.

This is my only speculation for the current matter it seems.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2013, 15:23 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Blade: Tiago Apolonia ZLC
FH: Rhyzer 50
BH: Donic Acuda Blue P3
And congratulaitons to you Yosua for actively participating in the interview.

In basketball, we have Mike. In table tennis, we have Joo. Who else wants to be like Joo? I for one would like to be like him. :up:

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2013, 00:16 
Super User

http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf_fu ... n_ID=2190&

:(

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2013, 00:59 
Joo Too
Joo Too

bagsntrane wrote:
http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf_full_story1.asp?ID=31220&Competition_ID=2190&

I was afraid of that. Combine it with his disease and I think he'll appear in tournaments not too often anymore. He retires in 2015.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2013, 22:13 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
Lorre wrote:
bagsntrane wrote:
http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf_full_story1.asp?ID=31220&Competition_ID=2190&

I was afraid of that. Combine it with his disease and I think he'll appear in tournaments not too often anymore. He retires in 2015.

Since Joo didn't play at the Korea Open either, it's probably his disease that prevents him from playing the last couple of weeks, not (only) the decision of the Korean selectors to send a young fresh team to Paris.

On the other hand, and this is somehow promising: Joo SaeHyuk is named to compete at the 2013 Chinese Table Tennis Super League from June 19th till the end of November. He will (again) take part of the Ningbo Haitian Club together with Ma Long, Yan An and Lin Gaoyuan. The last edition of this league was won by Joo and the Ningbo team: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7823&start=645#p238560

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2013, 07:36 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Pipsy wrote:
Since Joo didn't play at the Korea Open either, it's probably his disease that prevents him from playing the last couple of weeks, not (only) the decision of the Korean selectors to send a young fresh team to Paris.

On the other hand, and this is somehow promising: Joo SaeHyuk is named to compete at the 2013 Chinese Table Tennis Super League from June 19th till the end of November. He will (again) take part of the Ningbo Haitian Club together with Ma Long, Yan An and Lin Gaoyuan. The last edition of this league was won by Joo and the Ningbo team: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7823&start=645#p238560

Good news! Happy to hear that! :up:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!