OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:03

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2022, 00:09 

Blade: Xiom allround S
FH: Xiom intro 1.8
BH: Xiom intro 1.8
Hi, I'm Djole originally from Serbia but I live and play in Finland.

I played casual ping pong as a kid in my garden during summers.
But I've been playing more proper TT at the office for about a year now. Started beating everyone comfortably, except one club player co-worker.
One time I had a really good day , where I managed to win against him and he invited me to try at his club. That's where I've been playing since the summer started.

Still discovering my playing style. I'm giving looping a go. I'd say controlled offensive. But I also do well in retrieving and blocking. I use 2 inverted rubbers ( xiom vega intro 1.8 ) on xiom allround S blade.

I feel like my level is still beginner considering I've been playing at a proper club for only a couple of months.
But I am happy with my progress. I'm able to win sets here and there against the older more experienced guys now. When I started I had a lot of trouble with their serves and didn't have much tactics.

I work as a software developer.
I played a lot of different sports so far. But current other hobbies are some light gym, watching sports ( f1, tennis - go No1e, football).

I stumbled upon the forum while looking for equipment reviews or help with technique.

Looking forward to exchanging ideas, stories and advice.
I also have some unopened rubbers and unused blades that are too fast for me, which I'll attempt to sell in the buy/sell page.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2022, 21:43 

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: DMS Scandal 1.2
Hello,

I am Stefan, i am from Romania, but now i am leaving in Belgium.

My style is chop/blocker close to the table. I attack with a lot of spin with forehand and backhand (twiddler).

I am probably advanced player.

I work as a software developer.

My hobbies: bridge, poker, fishing.

I registered to the forum looking for equipment reviews and trying to improve my technique.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2022, 11:45 

Blade: Matsushita Def
FH: Yasaka Raksa 7
BH: Stiga Horizontal
Hi Guys!,

I'm Leo Nuñez from Chile. I started playing as penholder but switch to defensive style because i like & enjoy!.

Have 46 years old and hope to play table tennis until my death. :)

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2022, 17:05 

Blade: stiga allround classic
FH: friendship battle II prov
BH: rakza 7 soft
Hello everyone,

I live in Prague but am originally from India. I would consider myself an intermediate (I started playing seriously again after almost 18 years) attacking style player with a stronger backhand than a forehand. These days I play at work mostly (atleast an hour a day after office hours) but am gradually running out of people who wants to play with me :D

Table tennis is a sport that really helps me deal with myself. I'm grateful that it exists :)

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2022, 23:36 

Blade: RE-Impact Taipan
FH: Donic Vario
BH: Donic Vario
Hi Everybody!

I am from Germany, but currently living in France, where I recently joined a club after many years of abstinence from table tennis.
("Standard" topspin-oriented playing style, but also enjoying to defend a bit. Does that make me an "allround-style" player?)

I am physicist by education, and that is quite related to how I stumbled over this forum:
I like doing experiments, and one of the topics that fascinates me a lot is how the wood (blade) of a tabletennis racket has such a large influence on playing properties, even though it is covered by thick rubber and foam. So I would like to explore myself a bit by experimenting with building and testing blades.

I have already read quite a few interesting and informative posts today, and am looking forward to joining the discussion.
Initially my contributions will be mostly questions, often exposing that I do not know much about woodworking (although I love doing it), and later I hope to also contribute some original and informative laterial, based on the experience that I hope to make.

Re-Impact - (Achim) M3 --- Donic Desto F1 (RH+VH)

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2022, 03:54 

Blade: Tibhar Pure Wood
FH: DHS Hurricane III
BH: Butterfly Tackiness Drive
Hello,

My name is Chuck - I'm a dad of four, hence the name Dadoforhand (LOL). I reside in Fort Worth Tx, actually close to Texas Weslyean.

I'm the typical kid from the 80's who learned to play on a garage table with my brothers with not single one of us having any idea of proper technique, but all with cat like reflexes - so we had tons of fun on that table. There was no Youtube, we didn't know anyone that knew how to play, so we were really good hacks. Good paddles? 5$ Walmart specials. So...

I recently went to work where they have a lot of table tennis activity. So I was immediately pumped about playing again or learning how to play. With Youtube and online coaching of technique - I started learning proper stroke technique and footwork etc. I'm picking it up very fast because I also played competitive tennis for 30 yrs. Some of that transfers to table tennis and a LOT does not.

My goal is to learn, practice, and improve. Technique first, spins & control second, consistency third, Power last. I am here to share learn, ask a lot of questions and compare experiences. I hope everyone will show patience with me.

Thank you,

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2023, 10:24 

Blade: Donic Appelgren Allplay
FH: 729-5
BH: Donier Max Attack
Hi all

My name's is Mason and I am 15 years old. I live in Missouri USA.

My playing style is kind of a mystery to me but I think all around would be fitting. Backhand is mostly chops and and blocks and forehand is a variety of fast topspins (loops?) and back from the table chops.

I about only play with family and friends but would like to try a tournament someday.

I found this forum looking for advice on equipment and technique.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2023, 14:11 

Hello everyone,

From Chicago, US. 38y/o
I haven't joined a club yet, but looking at Experior near Chicago.
I used to play pretty competitively for a few years in high school.
But, back then, the games were to 21, the ball was smaller and you could hide the point of contact when serving.

I recently bought a table and robot and have been loving it so far (my shoulder...not so much)

Penhold. I am not sure what my style is but I like to focus on ball placement and chopping/sideswipping incoming topsin with TPB.
I like the whole deception angle of table tennis.

Probably intermediate

I have an online business

Checking for anti rubber reviews.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2023, 00:24 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
Welcome,

Are you looking for traditional anti of the newer Frictionless anti's?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g22 met Tapatalk

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2023, 13:06 

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita
FH: Yasaka Rakza Z 2.0mm
BH: Yinhe Neptune 0.7mm
Hi folks,

I'm a 24 y/o novice from Brisbane, working in IT/development and learning to play with LP; hoping to join the seasonal fixtures soon. I've got a habit of being an EJ in all aspects of life, but I'll be sticking with my current setup now.

Just here to lurk and maybe ask some questions down the line :)

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2023, 01:47 

Blade: Andro Ligna All
FH: XIOM Omega VII
BH: Frictionless Anti
Hi everyone!

This is Tohid (28). I'm from Iran and I live in Oslo, Norway.
I played for around three years when I was in high school and then stopped playing for 10 years. I started again in September 2021 and since December 2021 changed my style from two-winged looper to close to the table long-pips.
I've been experimenting with different long pips and recently frictionless anti. But the plan is to go back to long pips after this season ends in a month.
Currently, I have 1719 TTR here in Norway and would be happy if you check out my YouTube channel - just uploaded my first video :D
I'm a last year Ph.D. candidate in Marketing and am looking for relevant jobs now.
I am either playing video games or reading about table tennis in my spare time!

Cheers!

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2023, 05:03 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Welcome to all the new members, it's always good to get fresh perspectives here!

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2023, 17:03 

Blade: I'm going to build one!
Hello all. My name is Harry, im from northern Ireland. I play table tennis purely as a hobby and have done since I was about 5.

I just started experimenting with play styles and have started to stick around two-wing looper.

I unfortunately have not bothered to invest in a custom paddle due to their high price and the low level I am playing at but am looking at options around £60 (about 100 aud) - for a complete paddle that is - if any of you have good ideas

Would also appreciate some help with the following forum i have just posted
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=39847

thanks all. have a good one

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2023, 02:01 
More Block Than Bite

HJ1S wrote:
Hello all. My name is Harry, im from northern Ireland. I play table tennis purely as a hobby and have done since I was about 5.

I just started experimenting with play styles and have started to stick around two-wing looper.

I unfortunately have not bothered to invest in a custom paddle due to their high price and the low level I am playing at but am looking at options around £60 (about 100 aud) - for a complete paddle that is - if any of you have good ideas

Would also appreciate some help with the following forum i have just posted
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=39847

thanks all. have a good one

Welcome here HJ1S

Donic Defplay Senso | Yasaka Mark V 2.0 | SL Dornenglanz OX

Donic Defplay Senso | Butterfly Sriver | Testing

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2023, 09:15 

Blade: Yasaka Sweden Extra
FH: DHS NEO Hurricane 3
BH: TSP Curl P1R
Hi guys

It's Luke, new here. I have always been eager in table tennis but I never had the chance to play it seriously. It is very good to be here, Hope to learn from everyone and start my journey. I am a little confused about table tennis and ping pong differences also. Could anyone help me with that matter?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167  Next