OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 03 Aug 2020, 18:18

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 936 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2020, 08:22 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

You didn't spend New Year's Day editing matcg video to post? Dang!

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2020, 08:41 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Avalox P700
FH: RITC 802 1.8
BH: RITC 755 OX
OK - I've loaded the recorded games onto my computer - just need to edit them now. Quality isn't too bad, although sometimes camera angles could have been better.

Day 2 of the tournament was pretty decent - I was not unhappy with how I played, and I ended up runner-up in the "plate" event, winning a voucher - my best ever result in a tournament to date.

Had a practice at the weekend, unexpecetedly, and didn't have my Kitex with me, so used the slower blade (same rubbers). Definitely prefer my regular blade, so the Fibercomp Defense will be available for sale shortly.

League match today - 3/3 without any difficulty, and the team won 10-0, only dropping one leg.

Playing again tomorrow night.

Hopefully I'll have some time on wed/thu eve to edit one or two matches, and get them posted.

Read my blog: "LordCope's Latest Learnings Log": http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=24452

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2020, 19:28 
LP Collector
LP Collector

3/3 last night 3-0, 3-0, 3-1 -- shouldn't really have dropped the leg I dropped - just a lapse in concentration.

Read my blog: "LordCope's Latest Learnings Log": http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=24452

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2020, 00:57 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Overdue an update. So prior to lockdown, I was playing in four league competitons, plus British League, plus tournaments. I stopped playing in February, with a business trip, followed by lockdown in the UK. Before stopping, I was doing ok:

Local Competition One (playing as #1 in a promotion-chasing div 1 team) -- 83%
Local Competition Two (playing as #1 in a relegation-fighting lower-league team) -- 100%
Local Competition Three (playing as #3 in reigning champions top-local div team) -- 24%
Local Competition Four (playing as #1 in mid-table div 1 team) -- 55%
British League (playing at #4 in mid-table, bottom division team) - 25%

I had a few decent wins in competitions, and won my first ever "prize" as runner up in a consolation final.

In terms of equipment I started the season with inverted FH and OX LP on the BH (Andro Tensor / Curl P4) on a Balsa core blade, but I wasn't happy after the first few matches, and returned to SP/LP on a 7 ply OFF blade (651 and Dtecs then Dornenglanz).

Been able to play a bit now for the last few weeks, since I have a table, and have trained with a range of players - generally very happy with how I'm playing.

I was having a rummage around and came across my Avalox P700. I used this a few years ago, but at the time it wasn't right for me - especially on the BH. I've clearly changed since then, as I tried it out (as part of my cheap rubber experiment), and it's lovely, so current setup is 802/755/P700.

Next season (if it goes ahead!) I'm going to play with my brother in the bottom local league - he and his team mate are solid 2/3 players, but their number 3 struggles to get 1/3, so they never stand a chance of being promoted, which they really need to do, if they're to improve. I should be good for 3/3, so if they can get 1 or 2 each, we should win the league, which will be a great opportunity for them.

Amazingly this team is the team I started in back in 2012/13 - I scored 0% in my first season in this team! Now I'm going back to it!

I'll continue to play British League, and probably play in one other local league, at top-flight level, or there abouts.

Not yet sure how risk-averse I am feeling about tournaments... but I'm keen to be competing again.

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2020, 21:27 
LP Collector
LP Collector

For those of you longing for some video.... here are a few sets of me against my friend. Allowances made for conditions, lack of shoes, etc... but our club only opened yesterday, so my living room is the best we've had until now!

And here are some edited highlights of my best points:

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 03:11 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Had a chance to practice with PG yesterday and today. PG I think is the very first or maybe second video I ever made of me playing:

Here's a video of me playing a conditional match - best of 5, PG has to serve every point, and if I play three LP shots in a row, PG gets the point. I won 3-0:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 936 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63