OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 15 Aug 2022, 18:55

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81
PostPosted: 27 Apr 2022, 21:22 

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Yasaka: Razka Z 2.0mm
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan ox
My new Stiga Clipper Oversize blade arrived this week and I've used it for 3 sessions. It plays very well with Ox pimples. I think you'll enjoy the Clipper and Trouble Maker combination.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2022, 22:27 

Blade: Tibhar Li qian
FH: Xiom Vega Max
BH: P1R .5
I wonder if Clipper is good with a thin sponge for chopping.It seems it is good in ox but I have not seen anyone use it with sponge.Maybe it is because of the fact that the dwell time is not that great .

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2022, 00:46 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Stiga Clipper Classic
FH: Yasaka Rakza 7 soft
BH: SuperGlanti
Sami wrote:
I wonder if Clipper is good with a thin sponge for chopping.It seems it is good in ox but I have not seen anyone use it with sponge.Maybe it is because of the fact that the dwell time is not that great .
I am not sure but I think Fabian Åkerström uses it with a thin sponge, but it might be ox he uses it with.

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2022, 01:21 

Blade: Tibhar Li qian
FH: Xiom Vega Max
BH: P1R .5
Rob M wrote:
My new Stiga Clipper Oversize blade arrived this week and I've used it for 3 sessions. It plays very well with Ox pimples. I think you'll enjoy the Clipper and Trouble Maker combination.

where can I get the new Stiga Clipper Oversize blade?

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2022, 21:31 

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Yasaka: Razka Z 2.0mm
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan ox
Sami wrote:
Rob M wrote:

where can I get the new Stiga Clipper Oversize blade?

The Stiga Clipper Oversize blade is discontinued but you can buy one on ebay. I bought one from this vender and he is legitimate; https://www.ebay.com/itm/254383682406 before i ordered from him I sent the the above link to Stiga customer service and they said the blade looks legitimate. I would happily order one again. This blades pairs very nicely with long pimples.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2022, 17:05 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Yesterday I went back to my beloved Stiga Clipper Classic of 90 gram. This blade is clearly slower than the version I have at 96 gram (density of the woods differs).
I used it with my normal rubbers Rakza 7 soft and Trouble Maker ox. Very nice feeling and enough speed for most situations. Serving and pushing and blocking feels very solid and predictable with this blade. I spent most of the training doing drills for FH and footwork and serve. So I don't have much more info about how it works with TM. But I did a short drill blocking and attacking against drive and push with my BH and it felt very nice, more control than with LeG. Also, I played a few sets and even though I had problems with hard attacks to my BH (I was not in position for chop blocks) I also managed to make a few nice emergency blocks that went fast and straight to the other side of the table, forcing opponent to push so I could go for the killer attack. So even though I had no time or experience to perform a chop block, the block was still good enough for me to win the point. That feels nice :)

PostPosted: 19 May 2022, 20:01 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

After a few weeks with long pimple I realised it would not help me enough moving towards a more active and less "locked in" BH game. Attacking with the pips against top spin is probably doable but since I won't be able to feel very safe with BH I will not be able to build my game plan around a more active BH with long pimple. Learning to effortless block with long pimple ox takes a lot of time and the downsides are quite a few, and I feel almost as forced to a passive BH game as with anti, using lp.

I had a back up plan, besides going back to anti (but I am still fed up with anti). It was to go back to short pimple but with a less grippy, more disruptive short pimple - Killer. I tried the soft version for about 30 minutes a few months back and it felt rather good but a little difficult to control. So this time I decided to go with ordinary Killer in 1.5 mm (I had a lightly used sheet in my bag that I had not tried). This worked much better than the soft version!

First session was good, after an hour I could use it rather well for blocking, driving and some harder attacks. Attacking back spin took a little more time. Chopping and pushing needed some more work.

Here is a match clip from the end of my first session with Killer on Le Géant: https://youtu.be/C_5BfBQYDwM

Next session followed the same path, I worked on getting safe with blocking and attacking, and also to get my FH against back spin better. I made progress and beat a far higher ranked player (altough he felt he was in more of a summer mode, not very focused). The destructive power of Killer is enormous, probably better than most other rubbers I have tried in relationship to how I can control it and attack with it.

I wanted a fresh sheet, so I ordered a Killer Pro 1.5 mm, with a harder sponge compared to Killer original. I used this for the first time last night. It has even more devestating effect I think, but I also felt it was a bit more difficult to use, especially for attacking back spin. But hopefully it is just a matter of practice :).

Anyway, Killer is a very good short pimple with lots of deception and you can rather easily attack pop ups or just block or drive back most balls directed to your BH. I really like this rubber and it fits perfect for how I want to play for the moment! So unless something unexpected happens, this will be my BH rubber for the comming season!

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2022, 21:35 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

For many different reasons I first went back to Clipper wood and now I am again using anti on BH. It just would take too much time to get good with Killer, and I do kot have that time. Also , I need to contribute to my team with some wins this comming season, and that I can do better with anti. But I need to keep practicing fun and I need my FH. So Clipper wood is good for that, although it is not perfect for anti (but good enough). This was my 2nd session since I changed to Killer 3 months ago. Still a little rusty but I am getting there... Next up will be to try the new SuperGlanti soft (SG top sheet with the sponge from Störkraft).

https://youtu.be/rU63ldZ6SXo

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2022, 00:02 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: STIGA HYPERTECH
FH: RAYSTORM 1.7
BH: BEST ANTI(THICK)RED
We had the conversation about having fun and winning before lol.
i think you play well with the antispin mate.
its just a matter of getting the perfect blade and anti combo now :D

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2022, 01:51 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

peterpong wrote:
We had the conversation about having fun and winning before lol.
i think you play well with the antispin mate.
its just a matter of getting the perfect blade and anti combo now :D
Yes, I know [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY].
For me there are many different factors. But I realized that having a blade and rubber that feels very good for FH is important for how fun it is. But I know I will get frustrated from time to time. So I have a back up Clipper with same FH rubber but Killer on BH :)

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2022, 04:30 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: STIGA HYPERTECH
FH: RAYSTORM 1.7
BH: BEST ANTI(THICK)RED
i currently use a duel speed stiga hypertech.
the best blade for me at the moment and dare i say ive used as many different ones as you.
with this blade you can twiddle and chop with the anti and pips comb on both wings easy.
my f/h is often off but its not bad with this blade.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81