OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:43

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 May 2011, 08:34 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
This section is setup for members to run their own personal blogs. To keep the section organised, do not start multiple threads, but restrict your blog to a single thread and keep posting your progress or TT stories there. If the thread get too long, you can start a new one, naming it part 2, etc.

If you wish members NOT to post comments in your thread, but simply provide the thread for reading only, please clearly indicate so in your first post.

PLEASE NOTE:
This Personal Blogs section allow people to create their own blog or dairies on their TT journey or any TT topic they like. Since it is their personal blogs, it is the blog owner that makes the calls on what they want in their thread, or if they allow comments, etc.

In addition to posting their own personal TT journey or experiences, these blogs also allow the owner opportunities to express their personal thoughts (or grievances) on TT issues or organisations, that they normally would may not do in the main forum, as it might anger people or create heated discussions that are not constructive.

Although the blog posts should still be within the boundaries of the forum rules, the blog owner is given a lot more leadway as it's their personal space specifically set to express their personal opinions, which is clearly defined here.

Although everyone can read other people's personal blogs, someone else blog is not the appropriate place for members to object to the owners personal opinion, unless they ask for it. The bloggers are basically entitled to make moderation decisions within their own blogs and may ask an OOAK mod to remove any posts by others that they deem inappropriate rather than engage in an unwanted discussion or argument.

The basic principle for readers to follow is:

If you don't like what they say, either don't read it, or start your own blog and post your own views and opinion on the subject.

If you think it clearly violates forum rules, please just report the post, as their blog is not the appropriate place to publicly object to their views or opinions.

Post subject: Re: Please Read This
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2011, 15:13 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I noticed Tassie52 put a link (and title) in his signature to his blog... I think that's an excellent idea, and something everyone with a blog should consider, as you're likely get a lot more readers and feedback! :up:

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2011, 15:18 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Hmmm, why didn't I think of that....years ago! :headbang: :headbang: :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2011, 13:02 
Stir Crazy

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Hmmm, why didn't I think of that....years ago! :headbang: :headbang: :lol:

My advantage: two heads are better than one! :oops:

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011, 13:13 

Fantastic section my friend, I hope you find my blog interesting :)

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011, 15:00 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

PingPongPom wrote:
Fantastic section my friend, I hope you find my blog interesting :)

Welcome to the forum PingPongPom!

I think you misunderstood the purpose of this section though... it's for people to run their own blog here on the forum. ;)

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011, 18:52 

Ahhhh I probably should have read someone's thread before I jumped into that one. hehe sorry the thread was a little vague. That's cool I'll run with that, I live table tennis and work table tennis so hopefully someone will find me interesting enuf ;)

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2012, 18:51 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

As we had a few 'discussions' :) on what should or should not be done in these personal blogs, we've come up with some clear guidelines (which I've also add in the first post of this thread to ensure it does not get missed):

This Personal Blogs section allow people to create their own blog or dairies on their TT journey or any TT topic they like. Since it is their personal blogs, it is the blog owner that makes the calls on what they want in their thread, or if they allow comments, etc.

In addition to posting their own personal TT journey or experiences, these blogs also allow the owner opportunities to express their personal thoughts (or grievances) on TT issues or organisations, that they normally would may not do in the main forum, as it might anger people or create heated discussions that are not constructive.

Although the blog posts should still be within the boundaries of the forum rules, the blog owner is given a lot more leadway as it's their personal space specifically set to express their personal opinions, which is clearly defined here.

Although everyone can read other people's personal blogs, someone else blog is not the appropriate place for members to object to the owners personal opinion, unless they ask for it. The bloggers are basically entitled to make moderation decisions within their own blogs and may ask an OOAK mod to remove any posts by others that they deem inappropriate rather than engage in an unwanted discussion or argument.

The basic principle for readers to follow is:

If you don't like what they say, either don't read it, or start your own blog and post your own views and opinion on the subject.

If you think it clearly violates forum rules, please just report the post, as their blog is not the appropriate place to publicly object to their views or opinions.

I hope that all sounds reasonable and makes sense, but if not, please post any further suggestions here.