OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 08:09

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2020, 12:06 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Blade: Tiago Apolonia ZLC
FH: Rhyzer 50
BH: Donic Acuda Blue P3
I did the shift in the beginning of February of this year.. it was only a 2 weeks adjustment before I joined an important tournament at the end of February. Joined both open and executive category.

In the open category, I reached top 8 before bowing to a young player 3-1. I could have placed at least 3rd if I made extra more effort. But I joined 2 event and I have to consider reserving strength in my event which is the executive event ( 40 above ).

The executive event is typically dominated by Fil-Chinese. They were very strong in this category. I can feel consistency in my new blade and I like it. In my first game in this event, I even won a game 11-1 ( purposely dropped 1 point to avoid a love set ) against somebody who used to beat me before. I won the match 3-0. Won the next two games again handily ( 3-0, 3-0 ) However, I lost to a short pimps player in my last game of the round robin. I placed 2nd in the round robin heading towards the elimination round. Fortunately, 2 players will advance in each round going into the quarterfinals.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2020, 12:39 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

In the quarterfinals, I was paired against the top seed of the other group ( being 2nd in my bracket ).
He uses Sardius and anti on the BH. I have a hard time beating him the last time we played.
This time it was different. I won the first game 11-7 and he quit after the first game. He suffered from cramp.

So I headed into the semi finals. By the way, the guy who beat me in my bracket lose in the quarterfinals so no chance for me to take my revenge in the finals.
I played against a double inverted blocker. Won the match 3-1 and into the finals, I advanced.

The guy who was waiting for me in the finals beat me last year. Out of two matches against him, I lost both match (0-3, 1-3) . He is the top Fil-Chi and most of my club mates avoid him. I too fear him, but today, I want to beat him.

His grip is classic penhold and uses Yasaka Rakza as far as I remember. Today, I am going to war.

I almost took the first game, only that I was inconsistent in my return and he was quick to attack on his FH. I lost 9-11. I made my adjustment on the 2nd game and I was very consistent in my attack. However, that game was very tight. I could not solve his tactics easily but I did focus and eventually won the 2nd game 11-9.

So we were tied 1-1 going into the 3rd game. I relaxed a bit and suffered an early disadvantage and he blitzed 5-9. I tried to recover and took the next 3 points 8-9. However, that was all I can do in the 3rd game, he took the last 2 points.

Going into the 4th, I was again behind in the early going. Misreading the first two service return and him attacking consistently. It's 0-2 early into the game and I need my A game to win. I focused and took the lead in the mid game 7-5 coming from 5-5. Never looked backed from there and I won the 4th game 11-7.

Now the championship game. I made my first 2 serve and took a point. He did his service tricks early and he had good attacks. He took the lead early at 1-4.

I cannot defend well against his attack and I can only salvaged a win if I can attack consistently. In the middle game, I was able to come close at 4-6. He still leads and has the momentum and he had to serve. He served and did a 3rd ball attack and I was able to defend and took the point. On the next serve, I took a gift. He tried a long ball, and it was an error so I tied the game 6-6. No looking back from there. I took the next two point via attack. He was able to defend but I attacked nonetheless. I took the lead 8-6 and he took a time out.
His time out worked and he took the next two points and tied the game at 8-8. I could feel the momentum shifting to his favor so I need to take this next two points. I did not take it passively and push through with my attacks. I took the next two points and one point shy away from the championship.

His chance to take the next two points to deuce the game. He faked a chop on his serve and I responded as if it was a chop. The ball was high but has a lot of spin. He did a back hand attack but missed!

That was my first championship medal for this year!

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2020, 16:53 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Here is a video of mine during my recent tournament last March. Before lock down was implemented.

This is the championship match. This happened one week after the game I posted above. My opponent took the video and posted the highlight on youtube. So the highlight would be his shots and not my best shots. Anyway, I won 3-1 and took the championship trophy and the rewards that comes with it. I was the one wearing the violet butterfly t-shirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlWSJof6iuA