OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 02 Dec 2021, 12:39

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 426 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2021, 08:47 
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
Went to a physiotherapist last Friday. She suggested something very close to a wristband. Align the top with the crease of the elbow and the rest towards the wrist. Have not used it with table tennis yet, that will be tonight. Have used it in lifting things and various gardening activities.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2021, 10:20 

Still using elastic material brace like a wristband. Doesn't seem to make much difference.

Last Monday morning, table tennis was featured on Ch 9 morning show from 5:30am, Nam Ho club at Rydalmere, with crosses to there every half hour with their weather guy. Michelle Bromley was interviewed about TT and the Tokyo Olympics among other things.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2021, 12:51 

No table tennis for the last 2 weeks as I have just had 2 skin cancers cut off, one BCC, the other SCC. The doctor's lack of sense of humour had me in stitches and I had the stitches taken out today.

It remains to be seen if the enforced layoff has improved the mild tennis elbow that I have been suffering. At least the physio should be happy that I have had the rest from table tennis.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2021, 12:02 

Since March what has happened? Lockdown locally, moving to regional NSW, self isolating for 2 weeks, playing a couple of times at the new local club in a handicap round robin, then lockdown again. After warning the organiser to handicap me so I wouldn't win first time, what happened? I won first time, paying for 2 more weeks. Could be my deceptive style, I guess. Any way looking forward to playing some more but I am not sure when that will be.

I also, through cleaning at the old house and / or doing stuff at the new place, have this symptom where the ring finger on my left hand, particularly in the mornings is very hard to bend all the way to form a fist, gets to where it is in a fist, then requires more effort to straighten it again. Also it hurts in the palm of my hand where that finger's bone goes to the knuckle when I press it. With the lockdown I haven't bothered going to the doctor about it yet, but I did have a little discomfort the last time I played, from the grip change between expecting a forehand and getting a backhand and vice versa. Off to Dr Google I suppose.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2021, 12:06 

Oh and after giving up on getting a job after more than 12 months without one, 2 days after moving to regional NSW I got a phone call out of the blue asking if I wanted a job. I said it would have to be remote, got an interview the next week, got offered the job that afternoon, got a company laptop couriered out and started 5 weeks ago. Actually a 6 month contract at more than I was being paid, but I am an employee of a payroll mob, which made for interesting answers to the local census questions concerning the industry my employer is involved in.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2021, 07:35 

... and Dr. Google comes through with the answer to my finger woes (but I will get it confirmed by a real doc at some point).

I have trigger finger, more properly known as stenosing tenosynovitis.

I suppose that I have to be thankful for small mercies - at least it's not itchy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 426 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29