OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:18

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011, 13:30 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Round 2 game 2
We played the two Korean players again, and this time they came out fighting, I couldn't believe the detirmintion and choing right from my opponents first ball lol
I plkayed the more traditional player first game and although I beat him 4-2 last time, this time I had real trouble with his serves as I could spin them back last time ,while this time he varied the spin more and was more patient on attack as last time I made him hit down or hit long using my pips, I was getting better as the games went but lost 4-2. My partner then cam out and won 4-1 against thier better player and its was amazing to watch his skill for only a 12yo and then he had a hard fought out game aginst the player who I played first and with many games going over 10 all to win 4-2 but all close untill the last game, Again our doubles not up to thier systematic level but it was ok for a 4-1 loss. so they won 3-2 so I was the let down.
We stop for 6-7 weeks now as start agin in early Feb
The two teams that have come up have both had 2 losses so they will be our main targets for us to stay in this grade

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

Last edited by rodderz on 26 Jan 2012, 11:51, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2011, 05:20 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

me at a table tennis party
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPdwIFDfc8k

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2011, 06:41 
Bytes worse than his Bark
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
Looks a bit tame for Auckland City there Rodderz.

Have you given up on Christmas chopping?

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2011, 08:24 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Retriever wrote:
Looks a bit tame for Auckland City there Rodderz.

Have you given up on Christmas chopping?

Well there was a after ping v pong party (less tame) :lol:
I actually need a table tennis rest so no going to the chopping malls for me

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2011, 17:31 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
rodderz wrote:

Where were you? Are you telling porkies Rodderz?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2011, 04:36 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
rodderz wrote:

im the fat umpire in black, nearly seen in all the time in the first half of the vid, even me playing lol

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2011, 18:59 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
rodderz wrote:
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
rodderz wrote:

im the fat umpire in black, nearly seen in all the time in the first half of the vid, even me playing lol

Ah ok, I saw him and wondered if it was you, cos everyone else was on the "sexy" side in the vid :P :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2011, 05:46 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Quote:
Ah ok, I saw him and wondered if it was you, cos everyone else was on the "sexy" side in the vid :P :lol
what about the girls? :lol:

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2012, 19:29 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Had my first two nights playing Table tennis this year, I went and played socialy in west Auxs on Monday and they had some fairly good players there as not many clubs are open yet, I got to play against one young man around 20 who was one of the top Jnrs in NZ 4 years ago but he is more social now I did quite good, loosing 17-15 then winning the next 10-7 and then he won 2 more close games but he had to realy play well as I was giving him some trouble. I tried not to over do pimple serves as he did miss some but I was trying more to spin it up and attack first. (this isnt my normal thing) I usually try and win and never practice things which will help me latter

Then Wednesday Night I played some good kids and beat a boy in the current NZ under 18 team, my forehand smack was on fire and he couldn't handle the power lol. Im just having fun untill he has gone from my horizone in ability

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012, 11:14 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Last Wednesday I went to the East side club and beat one of the top jnrs, some others were watching and decided to challenge me and I ended up playing 22 games (sets) in a row, its the first time I remember getting a sore back from Table tennis lol. 9 of those games were against a great coach who has great serves and third ball attack, I gave him trouble with my pip serves and ended up loosing 11-9 in the 9th
I like playing against high level kids for two reasons
1. If they end up as a National level player ,then Ill tell my story about beating them
and 2. Its great practice for a teenager to beat me as they have to overcome good serves, pimple serves, hard smashes and its a stepping stone for some of them , who I try and help out
Im not saying I want to be steped on lol and I never let anyone win, but as an over 50's player Im not going to break new records, while anything i can help them with is great for Table Tennis in general

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012, 11:44 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

This Wednesday , yesterday.. I filled in for West Auckland interclub in thier A division which is a much lower standard than my normal Auckland interclub venue,
the first player I played againt was a German lady who has great control but uses tenergy05 on both sides to trys and loop on either direction, I have lost to her before but the last time we played I had my pogo back on and won comfortbly , I was fairly confindent as long as I could return her long top/side spin to the forhand serve which is easy to return once you get your feet and placement right, well I returned them with power and spin it made her not play as well in other areas of her game
in the first game she was up 9-5 and was first to 10 before I won 12-10 and then I won 11-5 11-4 , as I took control and made her play my game

the 2nd match I was against someone who I regularly have a hit with,(he uses xiom vega pro and donic platin soft) I always just use a double inverted for these fun games when he wants to practice, well in the warm up he was smashing and smashing and I kept having to pick the ball up lol, then we went backhand to backhand and I was doing soft pushes for him to loop and he couldn't get a bean on, and he tried and tried then said lets start, I thought well Ill hit to his backhand then and I didn't have to try at all as he missed everything while I just pushed or smacked any high ones for a 11-4 11-2 11-2 win
the funny thing is that he beat our team top player for the first time in his life and was playing great untill he played me (he also won his other match as well)

the third match was against someone who I have been giving lessons to, (not for the last month but before that every week for 3 months before that) I have been working on his serves and third ball attack also trying to help him not loop across his chest and to finish with a forehand salute and on the backhand side i was helping him to finish his backhand movement and not jab at the ball (he uses sun and moon) not sure which way

he played great in the first game , he thought about service placement and then attacked well, returned my serves with interest and came back from 9-8 down to win the first match, I changed service and return of service tactics for the next matches to win 11-6 11-3 11-0 as I made him fall apart, then I said "you had better start those lessons again" hes comming back in Saturday
Our team won both doubles and with my 3 singles and the team capt getting 1 singles we won 6-5, so they thanked me very much for filling lol

Next week my Auckland Thursday interclub starts again and thats where the hard games are

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012, 14:11 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
rodderz wrote:
I changed service and return of service tactics for the next matches to win 11-6 11-3 11-0 as I made him fall apart, then I said "you had better start those lessons again" hes comming back in Saturday

What happened at 10-0 in the last game... tried to intentionally miss the serve but accidentially hit a winner instead? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012, 18:41 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

haggisv wrote:
rodderz wrote:
I changed service and return of service tactics for the next matches to win 11-6 11-3 11-0 as I made him fall apart, then I said "you had better start those lessons again" hes comming back in Saturday

What happened at 10-0 in the last game... tried to intentionally miss the serve but accidentially hit a winner instead? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I did a bouncy serve and he missed cold, I even moved out of the way lol
the umpire just wrote 11-1 anyway :up:

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2012, 10:48 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

I played at the West Auckland club again, this time I was put in at the number 1 player as the top player is awy for several weeks, Im just filling in and although they ask me week to week It looks like I have a Wednesday commitment for a Month lol
I realy just wanted to be on call .... (will come back gota go pick up the baby) well I found one looks kinda the same so she will do
My first game was a good leftie jnr who isnt positive enough about retuning serves on his backhand so thats where I attack first and then experiment a bit later before he self implodes it got around 12 points in our 3 games
Both my two team mates both lost thier first games so we were down 2-1 , we then play a doubles and thier two players were both lefties so I just told my partner "lets pick on the backhands" so that was a main focus as we won 3-1

My 3rd teamate played again only to lose in a good fight
Then I played who I thought was thier weakess player, a old fashioned penhold player who serves from his hand and gets good angles, I mainly attacked both wings and used sidespin serves to get two games ahead, then in the next I decided to try and attack his serves more and just missed a few then he got a good shot and a edge and then Im down 5-0 6-1 7-2 and I can't make any head way so I went back to basics and was behind 7-6 and he leans on the table with his left hand to smash the ball , I counter but miss but his left hand is still on the table ,so I say "my point" . there wasn't to much discussion before I was awarded the point and then he got away again and was up 10-8 before I went back to basics again to win 12-10
My other partner lost again to make it 4-3 to them, so we played our next doubles and we were at an advantage straight away when thier rightie served with backhand serves and backhand return of serves, so we were able to cruise in there
the funny thing is the old man I was just tlking about walked in to my shop lol small World

So we were now 4-4 with 3 singles to go, anyhow my 2nd team mate went first and lost again, so I suggested he give me his raffle win and Ill give him two hours of Coaching, so he agreed and I took home bacon and eggs
Next my 3rd partner who is a leftie played the Chinese player and fought and got angry and won 3-2 but was out of steam (he has had a triple bypass two years ago)
So now 5-5 and I had to play thier number one , another leftie who has some interesting rolly/ kicker and backspin serves so I knew that If I could play well there it would take away a big part of his stratagy and third ball attack, so I won the first tyhen he tried to pin me on my pimple backhand but I found he couldnt sustain the attack against my pips and I could keep him pined or cross court roll with my pips which he never returned, In the next game he started getting in some good winners in so I went forehand chopping instead which made him start to miss again, then did flat bat pimple serves to win so a lucky 6-5 win , but all good as It makes me try harder to help my tempory team
On Thursday I played in the much harder Auckland comp, but Im sick of typing now ,so stay tuned

Last edited by rodderz on 03 Feb 2012, 14:11, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2012, 12:52 
Paddy's Paddler
Paddy's Paddler

no videos..... would be awesome :)

Main: / secondary / LP
Blade: DHS Hurricane hao/ Blade- Hurricane Hao 2

FH: Skyline 3(Blue Sponge)/ FH- Nittaku H3 pro
BH: Omega Asia/ BH- Calibra Tour H

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!