OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 20:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 82  Next
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2020, 21:19 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
^^vid 2
love his style there-chops and dead blocks at times-do you know what he was using there.(blade and b/h rubber)
Thats very much like how i play when using the defplay and best anti however hes miles ahead of me.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2020, 21:41 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
peterpong wrote:
^^vid 2
love his style there-chops and dead blocks at times-do you know what he was using there.(blade and b/h rubber)
Thats very much like how i play when using the defplay and best anti however hes miles ahead of me.

I would guess Diabolic with blue sponge on a slow wood. Not sure.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2020, 01:23 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

^i know but everyone says you shouldnt chop with fanti

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2020, 01:29 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

peterpong wrote:
You should not chop from distance unless you are forced away from the table. Guiding the ball back, just hitting it forward with the anti, is better (but more difficult). But at the table you should chop as hard as you dare against backspin.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2020, 01:49 
Super User

Blade: BTY Viscaria
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Tibhar D.TecS
Def-attack wrote:
peterpong wrote:
You should not chop from distance unless you are forced away from the table. Guiding the ball back, just hitting it forward with the anti, is better (but more difficult). But at the table you should chop as hard as you dare against backspin.

Just out of curiosity why should you not chop with an anti from long distance? Does it decrease the "spin reversal"?

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2020, 02:16 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

mart1nandersson wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
peterpong wrote:

Just out of curiosity why should you not chop with an anti from long distance? Does it decrease the "spin reversal"?

i use traditional anti and always chop.i was lead to believe that you must sort of keep the bat straight and not move it with fanti,or play like aa and push.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2020, 02:17 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
From my testing I found chop blocking with frictionless anti to be fairly fruitless. It adds a "bit" more spin, but for me didnt seem worth the risk of really trying to chop block hard when a stationary block would be nearly as good. This goes for the really frictionless ones, and not those like gorilla or with more grip.

With my d.tecs ox, if someone keeps looping to my bh and I go from passive block to chop block, they will often net that return.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2020, 02:22 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

[youku]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YFFxiLhexg[/youku]
just watched the above from def att
i c what u mean mate

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2020, 07:06 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Def-attack wrote:
Yesterday an "anti-friend" of mine won a big competition i Sweden. He beat Pär Gerell in three straight games and some other good players. In the final he beat Satoshi Aida, who had beaten Fabian Åkerström in semi :clap: . I am not sure what anti or blade or sponge he used this exact competition, he changes a lot depending on what ball is used (here it was Yasaka, similar to G40).

The conclusion - it is possible to beat top players with anti, just keep practicing - a lot :rock: :up: :Chop: :Defense:

I guess Aida was not too happy about his game or about Marcus' anti :o

http://www.facebook.com/anders.thorn.98 ... 487070319/

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2020, 17:05 

Marcus who? That is odd to have no video out there of a player good enough to beat Aida.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2020, 18:13 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Eric Fountain wrote:
Marcus who? That is odd to have no video out there of a player good enough to beat Aida.
There are videos of him if you look in this thread a few posts ago. But he does not play in the highest league, and that is the only one regulary filmed and aired.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2020, 16:25 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Yesterday I had my first session with Barna Original Glanti on Deluxe Carbon. I recieved it the day before and then had a brief with with it with a friend (the one who beat Aida) who tried his sheets in 0.8 on Barna Victory and a 1.2 mm on Palio TCT. He had also tested a 0.8 on a Barna Triumph before but that did not work as well as the others.

So, on Deluxe a 0.8 feels similar to a 1.2 mm Diabolic ES in terms of speed. But OG has a lower throw and an even more frictionless surface, making blocks very leathal. The back spin is clearly better than with Diabolic or Reflection. The sponge is a yellow, very similar to the Vortex-sponge (red) but a little harder and faster. The top sheet is very thin and very hard so the pips are clearly visable through the playing side of the anti. The over all feeling is very similar to Diabolic but perhaps a little harder.

So most strokes can be done the same way but the surface is more slippery so you have to be even more cafeful when attacking back spin and be sure to opend the bat when blocking.

When we compared the different setups we felt that Barna Victory with 0.8 gave the best back spin on blocks (we did not try 1.2 mm. on that blade). This blade is clearly slower than Deluxe, more like a better feeling Revolution (perhaps even slower) with better ability to loop. If you do not need a lot of speed on your FH this is a great blade for anti-blocking with nice control and low blocks that can be kept very short.

The TCT with 1.2 mm and Deluxe with 0.8 mm gave about the same back spin on blocks, a little less than with Victory. But for me, these blades are better for my FH game and you may more easily put a some more preassure on your opponent with the anti when attacking back spin and adding speed in blocks.

My conclusion is that I stay with Deluxe and 0.8 OG this weekend for my league matches. But I have ordered a 1.2 mm to put on a TCT blade, so as soon as I got it in the middle of next week I will probably start using the TCT as my main blade. The weekend 3 weeks away the league is wrapping up and I hope I will be ready to use the TCT for the first time then. But we'll see :).

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2020, 02:35 

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita
FH: Tenergy 05 1.7
BH: Victas P1V 1.0
Def-attack wrote:
... But OG has [...] an even more frictionless surface...

This must be magic. How does Barna/DMS decrease something that is not there? :rock: :party:

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2020, 03:14 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

0x556c69 wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
... But OG has [...] an even more frictionless surface...

This must be magic. How does Barna/DMS decrease something that is not there? :rock: :party:
:D

I guess no surface is completely frictionless, but gettig closer and closer...

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2020, 18:22 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I used the OG in 0.8 on Deluxe at m lleage matches this weekend and even though I had less than 2 hours of practice with it before it worked very good. It has clearly better spin reversal than Diabolic ES but it may have been a little more difficult to control. I have ordered a sheet in 1.2 mm, not sure yet where to test it.

But tonight I will probably test the 0.8 OG on with an extra sponge, 0.8 mm red (from Vortex) on my faster TCT blade. Really looking forward to this :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 82  Next