OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 07:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 82  Next
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2020, 05:02 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
the Lp used by the japanese girl was TSP curl P3. Few blog way before explained this.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2020, 18:22 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I can still practice table tennis here in Sweden but i got slightly injured last Sunday (multiball practice is tough). But I will have a light session again tomorrow. I am in the middle of my transfer to a faster blade, the Palio TCT. I am also waiting for a couple of other fast and hard blades (with both carbon and titanium) from China that I will try as soon as I get them. I am hoping to find a blade as good as TCT for FH and blocking but with better spin reversal than TCT.

While waiting for next session I had a look at my ranking and how it has developed since the current ranking system in Sweden started back in 2012:

Date # in Swe win-loss ratio, division

2010-11 2567 (first ranking)
2011-07 2467 17-14 div 6
2012-07 2724 10-19 div 5
2013 07 2636 8-15 div 5
2014 07 2143 13-14 div 4
2015 07 1921 12-14 div 4
2016 07 1961 1-29 div 2 (anti)
2017 07 1152 11-8 div 3
2018 07 1106 16-18 div 3 (abs ball)
2019 07 836 18-12 div 3
2020 04 799 8-14 div 2

The first ranking was in October 2010 at the start of that season. At that point I had been playing two seasons in div 7 but we had no ranking like this then. In July 2011 the season was over and I had climbed to position 2467 in Sweden. Next season I dropped (not sure why, could be that the ranking system was a not fully developed).

In July 2016 my first season with anti ended and I had played in a waaay too hard league. Next season was good and then the ABS ball arrived :(. Last season was one of my best ever and this season (shorter than normal) has been rather good although I have been focusing on league game, not competition. To play many matches and compete a lot is what gives you rating points and makes you climb the ladder. I am regulary beating players around #500. If I stay out of injuries and stay healthy and keep developing my game, I hope to have a positive win-loss ratio in division 2 next season. Then I will probably enter the top 500 soon.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2020, 19:58 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Def-attack wrote:
I can still practice table tennis here in Sweden but i got slightly injured last Sunday (multiball practice is tough). But I will have a light session again tomorrow. I am in the middle of my transfer to a faster blade, the Palio TCT. I am also waiting for a couple of other fast and hard blades (with both carbon and titanium) from China that I will try as soon as I get them. I am hoping to find a blade as good as TCT for FH and blocking but with better spin reversal than TCT.

While waiting for next session I had a look at my ranking and how it has developed since the current ranking system in Sweden started back in 2012:

Date # in Swe win-loss ratio, division

2010-11 2567 (first ranking)
2011-07 2467 17-14 div 6
2012-07 2724 10-19 div 5
2013 07 2636 8-15 div 5
2014 07 2143 13-14 div 4
2015 07 1921 12-14 div 4
2016 07 1961 1-29 div 2 (anti)
2017 07 1152 11-8 div 3
2018 07 1106 16-18 div 3 (abs ball)
2019 07 836 18-12 div 3
2020 04 799 8-14 div 2

The first ranking was in October 2010 at the start of that season. At that point I had been playing two seasons in div 7 but we had no ranking like this then. In July 2011 the season was over and I had climbed to position 2467 in Sweden. Next season I dropped (not sure why, could be that the ranking system was a not fully developed).

In July 2016 my first season with anti ended and I had played in a waaay too hard league. Next season was good and then the ABS ball arrived :(. Last season was one of my best ever and this season (shorter than normal) has been rather good although I have been focusing on league game, not competition. To play many matches and compete a lot is what gives you rating points and makes you climb the ladder. I am regulary beating players around #500. If I stay out of injuries and stay healthy and keep developing my game, I hope to have a positive win-loss ratio in division 2 next season. Then I will probably enter the top 500 soon.

Amazing, DA! :up: We'll end up seeing you on Pro Tours one day. ;)

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2020, 21:47 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Hey,DA! it seems your love with Deluxe Carbon is over?? :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2020, 22:22 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

charmander defender wrote:
Hey,DA! it seems your love with Deluxe Carbon is over?? :lol: :lol:

It is not over, we are on a break :lol: .
http://youtu.be/GWV4e3_DBn8

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2020, 06:18 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Today I had a 3 hrs session with drills, multiball and matches. I am getting more and more comfortable and safe with the blade Palio TCT. I still make some shots too long (blade is faster than previous one).

I am using the same sheet of Barna Original Super Glanti and it is still good. It seems like it has a longer life than Diabolic. This time I used another sponge under the original 0.8 mm, making the setup feel similar to the version with 1.6 mm sponge.

I hired Marcus (the one who beat Aida earlier this year) as coach and he made me work hard in the multiball session :phew:.

Here are a two short clips two of them:

https://youtu.be/0Vx8rzBK8rU
https://youtu.be/DX3M1nCVG64

My legs were really burning after the first one above...

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2020, 05:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Hi,DA! It does seem your Palio blade is not very good for looping???... You did net lots of balls.... I liked how it performed for your bh , though. :)

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2020, 05:53 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

charmander defender wrote:
Hi,DA! It does seem your Palio blade is not very good for looping???... You did net lots of balls.... I liked how it performed for your bh , though. :)
Actually it is very good for looping, but perhaps not in these situations, when just changing from BH grip. I need to work on holding my bat in a more neutral position between strokes, and not having it leaning to BH. This causes a bad wrist angle when looping when I have just changed from BH. And this makes looping bad, making it difficult to generate spin and arc. So I need to loosen my wrist to loop better when swiftly changing from BH to FH. Also, I have a very low stance, feet very wide apart (wider and wider for every stroke :) ). Not sure if thst has anything to do with it...

Looping at normal distance is very good, but sometimes the spin is huge, sometmes none. Annoying for my opponent :).

PostPosted: 08 May 2020, 06:10 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Just for fun, I recorded a training match between me and Marcus "Magoo" Johansson. Anti vs anti :devil: . Some points are very weird, and sometimes we look like a couple of beginners :oops: . And there are a few good ones as well. But we have played better matches. I just had a long training before, ended with a multiball session. Marcus on the other hand had just been feeding balls to us so he was very far from warmed up (I saw my chance).

PostPosted: 15 May 2020, 15:40 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I tried 3 new blades yesterday
Palio Counqeror (90 gram, both titanium and carbon)
Palio TS3 (83 gram, both titanium and carbon)
Yinhe/Galaxy T1s (86 gram, carbon very close to thin outer ply)

I also have a Palio TC7 (95 gram) to try. That one had the most murky or darkest sound when bouncing a boll on it, and it was also heavier than the other.

My current Palio TCT is now at 99 gr (changed handle, extra sealing)

I tried all blades with my regular FH rubber.
I tried them all with 0.8 mm Barna Original Super Glant (SG). That worked on but it is a bit too fast on blocks for this kind of blades.
At the end of the session I tried the TS3 and put on my 1.6 mm SG. That was a very nice combination.

All blades are slower than Palio TCT. The TS3 and Conqueror felt rather similar but the Con may have a little lower throw, at least ob blocks with inverted. But TS3 is light! And thet was clearly better for me. I got a lot faster at changing between BH and FH at the table. The T1s is also light so I may have to give that a try with 1.6 mm SG as well. And the Conqueror :).

PostPosted: 18 May 2020, 06:28 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
With all the new blades you try, have you considered just using custom ones? Take the best elements you prefer from each and have one crafted?

PostPosted: 18 May 2020, 08:11 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

skilless_slapper wrote:
With all the new blades you try, have you considered just using custom ones? Take the best elements you prefer from each and have one crafted?
No. Perhaps I should... But I don't know what I want...

PostPosted: 22 May 2020, 06:49 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Took me a bunch of tries as well! I had a ton of them made, with lots of different compositions and materials. Thing is, the custom ones cost less than a lot of commercial blades... so I was even saving money! Now all I use are my custom built blades with some unusual compositions and handle thicknesses. For my anti, I use a thick ZLC 7.1mm blade that weighs 104 grams (with an anti sheet and inverted the total weight is around 180-186 depending on the rubber selection). Koto forehand and walnut backhand, with spruce and ZLC in the middle layers.

PostPosted: 29 May 2020, 06:04 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

From the Störkraft thread:

Today I tried this anti for myself (I hav tried it before but that version was rather different). I tried the 1.6 mm on a Palio TS3 blade (very stiff with carbon and titanium layers, similar to Palio TCT but lighter and not as fast). I have been using this blade with Barna Original Super Glanti 1,6 mm and 1,2 mm the last month. 1,2 mm was a little too fast, 1,6 mm worked good on blocks. But Super Glanti is a little difficult to use against back spin and against no spin.

So I was very eager to try Störkraft, since my now trainer Marcus (the one who beat Satoshi Aida and Pär Gerell earlier this year) have been using the 0,8 mm on an old TSP Balsa 2.5 def fitter (https://revspin.net/blade/tsp-balsa-25-def-fitter.html) (very light and thin with some balsa and glass fibre) with great success.

I started with 1,6 mm since I wanted to try the slowest. And it is super slow. A tad slower than Vortex 1,2 mm red sponge I think. And massive back spin on blocks. Well, perhaps not as much as with Super Glanti but very good. First I put all the blocks to the net because of the low throw and the slowness. But I also noticed that it had a rather high throw agasint low spin attacks, just like most antis. Also, for being such a slow rubber, attacking back spin was very good, with a great kick on the ball when it landed on the other side. This part is way better than Super Glanti. But I had some troubles keeping the ball low agasint different shots, it just seems a little more sensitive to bat angle than Super Glanti. But that may change when I get used to it. Anyway, great fun to again play with such a slow rubber :).

Next up I will try this 1,6 mm on the Palio TCT and on my Palio TS3 I will try the 1,2 mm Strökraft I also bought. I hope 1,2 mm will be perfect for that blade (so I can stop trying all these different combinations).

Oh, I also tried a red Dr Evil (in ox of course) on a Stiga Clipper today. Very fun! Great rubber for just doing anything. Well, blocking hard loops is difficult. But chopping from distance is soo easy even with a fast blade. And attacking back spin or just hitting through spin (if you time it right you can counter a loop over the table). Great fun!

Also, I tried Barna Super Glanti both in 1,6 mm and with an 1,5 mm yellow slow sponge from Spinlab (Vortex company) on a Galaxy T1s. Great blade for anti (almost as goos as Palio TS3)! And not much difference between those two sponges, but a little lower throw , more back spin and slower pace with the italian sponge. But then the top sheet was new and I used a glue sheet... Nice to try anyway.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2020, 20:52 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Yesterday I had a short session again with 1,6 mm Störkraft on Palio TS3. This time I played a few sets against more experienced opponents who knows how to play without spin :whew:. One of them uses short pimples on both sides :o . But Störkraft worked very good also against these opponents. I could keep the ball pretty low even though I use 1.6 mm and I could also put them under preassure with fast curvy pushes against back spin. And I maanged to return their fast, low, no-spin serves good enough. And since the 1,6 mm is soooo slow, I can block any attack they can give me :devil: . It would take a very hard attack for me to block it too long, unless I miss my own bat angle.

So, since I se mostly benefits of the slow and thick sponge so far, I will wait a little more before trying it Störkraft 1,2 mm.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 82  Next