OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 01:46

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2014, 02:56 
The King

BarryB wrote:
Do you still use the Vega Japan on the Defplay?

I use it as well (2.0 mm) but I found that the first few matches are great, when the rubber has a little more playing time it gets a bit out of touch/control on the defplay. ....

I think I now know what you mean by the Vega Japan getting out of control. I noticed the bounce/catapult got even stronger after a few weeks which was somewhat surprising. Remembering how difficult it was to get the Vega Japan to stick to my blade I suspected the rubber separated from the blade at several points causing the stronger bounce. I reglued the Vega Japan and the rubber was back to normal. As I posted before DO NOT stretch Vega Japan, it will kill the catapult.

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2014, 05:10 

I varnished the defplay on the FH side to give it a little bit harder feel. I thought that would be even better in combination with the Vega pro. I was right but I might have overdone it with 2 layers of varnish. BH feels a bit different now as well. Little bit faster and less feeling as well. Arrrghhh... so difficult to get everything perfect.

PostPosted: 21 May 2014, 23:01 

Trying to send you a message with regard of D-Meerkampen Sunday and trading but it seems messages stay in my outbox and are not sent to you.
Maybe they are send later today and otherwise I try again tomorrow.

PostPosted: 23 May 2014, 06:33 

<<<< off topic message due to malfunctioning pm system >>>>>

Hej Mark, ff bericht zo want ik krij ect geen pm berichten meer verstuurd.
Helaas niet bij elkaar in de poule a.s. zondag zie ik net op de nttb site. Wel alle 4 de poules bij SVE in Utrecht.Jij zit met zeker 2 jeugdspelers (Nolan en Arjan) in de poule en dat zijn vast D-tecs liefhebbers
Tegenstanders van mij ken ik niet echt. Wel Arjan Verburg waar ik in Apeldoorn ook al van verloor.
Afijn, we zien het wel. Jij nog een keer door je materiaal kast heen gegaan?

Die p4 1.5 mm rood op groot formaat wil ik sowieso wel overnemen.
p3a rood ox denk ik ook wel.
Als je nog een Talon hebt liggen in rood met een wat onderlaag dan heb ik daar evt ook interesse in.
En zag dat je een Victas Koji M hebt. Is dat met recht of holrond handvat. Las wat mixed reviews oa over handvat maar ben benieuwd hoe hij speelt.

Hieronder wat ik nog heb liggen.
Laat maar weten wat evt je interesse heeft en wat ik mee moet nemen zondag.

Zie je dan.

Groet,
Barry

Frames:
- Combinatieframe Re-Impact Dream: FH ALL+/OFF- , BH ALL- Holrond. Hier zit nog redelijke nieuwe Stiga Neos Tacky en Rode Dornenglanz in ox op
- Butterfly Innerforce ZLF Off- Holrond
- Stiga Offensive NCT Recht
- Adidas Avenger 5 Off- Holrond (wat harder dan de Bty en de Stiga)

Rubbers nieuw in verpakking:
- 1x Dornenglanz rood ox (lange nop)
- 1x KTL Stanger Attack 1.2 mm (lange nop) rood
- 2x Xiom Vega pro 1.8 mm zwart
- 1x Xiom Vega Japan 2.2. zwart

Rubbers minimaal gebruikt - op BTY en Stiga
- Adidas p7 1.8 mm zwart
- Tibhar Aurus Soft 1.8 mm zwart

PostPosted: 23 May 2014, 08:35 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
BarryB wrote:
Trying to send you a message with regard of D-Meerkampen Sunday and trading but it seems messages stay in my outbox and are not sent to you.

Messages will stay in your outbox until the recipient has read it. As soon as they read it, it's moved to "sent messages". This is actually quite handy, because this way you can tell if a person has not yet seen the message, or if they're seen it but have not yet had a chance to respond.

PostPosted: 23 May 2014, 11:48 
The King

I've read the message now. Some delay in replying as I am currently in Thailand again. Despite all the news not seen any sign of military or protesters yet.

Some positive news about coming season for me, more about that later.

Put to rest:
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 23 May 2014, 15:53 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Take great care in Thailand Elvis56! It's all over the news here every day!

PostPosted: 24 May 2014, 05:31 

haggisv wrote:
BarryB wrote:

Messages will stay in your outbox until the recipient has read it. As soon as they read it, it's moved to "sent messages". This is actually quite handy, because this way you can tell if a person has not yet seen the message, or if they're seen it but have not yet had a chance to respond.

Thanks for the explanation haggisv. Didn't know that.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2014, 21:40 
The King

I am currently in Thailand once again and every time I am here I buy several blades and rubbers as many things are very cheap here. The latest additions to my collection(with prices in US$):

- DHS Magic D01 def blade $18
- Andro fibercomp def blade $25
- DHS C8 long pips $5,80
- Andro chaos long pips $9
- Globe 999 inverted $3
- GLOBE JINXUANFENG II HIGH ENERGY MAX inverted $4,73
- GLOBE JINXUANFENG III HIGH ENERGY MAX inverted $4,73
- GLOBE LIQIN HIGH QUALITY MAX inverted $4,88

I also bought some sheets of vega japan which for some reason are cheaper than the wholesale price in Holland, around $29. D-tecs are hardly cheaper than at my local tt shop at $37

All purchased at buttherfly thailand/shanghai sports. I am pretty much set on my defplay/vega japan/d-tecs setup but it never hurts to try some new equipment, especially when it's not very expensive.

There isn't much information to be found on the DHS d01 blade so this was high on my to try try list. The short version: absolutely fantastic blade. It feels different from any other blade i've tried, it's oversized(larger than the defplay), it has some vibration, it's fast on attacks, it's slow on chops and most amazingly the LSD pips i tried on it produce more wobbly and spin loaded balls than I have ever seen. Not sure if I have a one of a kind fantastic version of the blade or that the combination just works well but it was great to play with. On FH I used bluefire M2, spin was great and fast and low shots on attack. It's very likely I will buy another D01 or maybe even try D02 and D03 as well.

The fibercomp def however was less of a succes, Tenergy 64 on FH was ok but nothing special, haifu octopus was terrible. The blade seems to be very stiff and I did not like the feel of the blade. I will give it another shot tomorrow with different pips.

Then the GLOBE LIQIN on the defplay, very very good. The rubber is very tacky and spin is close to xiom vega even. Lacking a bit in speed and catapult but this could easily be fixed with some boosting/tuning. I will probably be using this rubber in training for the next few months. I am planning to train 10-15 hours a week and at that rate I will go through 3 to 4 sheets of vega japan before the league even starts.

Andro chaos with sponge was surprisingly good on attacking shots and decent in defensive shots. Will try this more tomorrow

DHS C8 was a newer version than the one I tried a few years ago and the pips looked different(smaller). This is from memory though perhaps the pips size is the same but the color is different for sure. (chop)blocking was good, attacking was a disaster.

GLOBE JINXUANFENG II also surprisingly good, I feel a rubber like this would be good enough for 80% of non pro players. Good equipment doesn't have to be expensive. DHS SR-A FL blade for $3,30, 2 sheets of GLOBE JINXUANFENG II HIGH ENERGY MAX and you're set.

This coming season which will start somewhere in september I will play in 2nd division which is actually a bit above my current level. But it's a welcome change from playing below my level for many years. Some players left our club and we did not want to lose the 2nd division spot so I agreed to play anyway even though I don't expect to win more than 15% of my matches.

I am planning to start training seriously more often, go to the gym to improve stamina and see if I can do better than 15%. To give you an indication of 2nd division level: only 1st division(12 teams) and top division(12 teams) is higher. I'm guessing a bit here but i'd say the top 250 players in Holland play top, 1st or 2nd division.

So quite a challenge, we'll see how things work out.

Some bad news as well, a while ago I played the 1st round for D-licence players and I won the first round. Sadly the second round was last sunday and because I was in Thailand I could not play. I asked for a wildcard for the 3rd round but this was declined. So my next target is the dutch championship which will be somewhere in january.

Put to rest:

Current standings:

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2014, 22:31 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Wow, very good pricing.... well below export distributor prices! The Andro stuff seems a little too cheap...makes you wonder if they by-passed the Andro distribution channels and sold it out the back door. :o :lol:

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2014, 22:48 
The King

As the pricelist of butterfly is no secret(but terribly slow to download outside of thailand) I will attach the june 2014 pricelist to this post in PDF, xlsx and ods format. I added 3 columns with prices converted to Euro, US$ and AUS$. For those wondering about the filename, the current year in Thailand is 2557 which is why the file is named 01-07-57. And while there are way ahead with the years, they got the month wrong, it should be 01-06-57.

Attachments:
Butterfly Thailand 01-07-57_xlsx.zip [82.61 KiB]
Downloaded 200 times
Butterfly Thailand 01-07-57_ods.zip [85.84 KiB]
Downloaded 195 times
Butterfly Thailand 01-07-57.pdf [601.18 KiB]
Downloaded 226 times

Put to rest:

Current standings:

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2014, 22:51 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Some items must be on special too... T25 for US$40 :o :o :o If Butterfly Japan got wind of this... :( :lol:

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2014, 22:58 
The King

haggisv wrote:
Some items must be on special too... T25 for US$40 :o :o :o If Butterfly Japan got wind of this... :( :lol:

They seems to rotate which tenergy is on sale every month, last month it was tenergy 80 I think. I was thinking of trying a sheet of tenergy but I will stick with my vega japan for now.

Put to rest:

Current standings:

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2014, 23:07 
The King

To make the picture complete some images of the butterfly thailand shop(BTW Multiple file selection and/or drag&drop upload of attachments please!)

Attachment:
14017158671408.jpg
14017158671408.jpg [ 329.08 KiB | Viewed 5066 times ]
:
Attachment:
14017158667597.jpg
14017158667597.jpg [ 309.49 KiB | Viewed 5066 times ]

Attachment:
14017158623405.jpg
14017158623405.jpg [ 353.13 KiB | Viewed 5066 times ]

Attachment:
14017158609303.jpg
14017158609303.jpg [ 311.34 KiB | Viewed 5066 times ]

Attachment:
14017158597260.jpg
14017158597260.jpg [ 291.87 KiB | Viewed 5066 times ]

Put to rest:

Current standings:

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2014, 23:09 
Super User

Elvis56, I recently read your blog from the beginning. I enjoyed it. Thanks. Partly because of it I bought a VKM (your dislike of the handle was inapplicable to me because I play cpen) and the Defplay Senso which you finally chose. So it makes me nervous to see that you're still blade shopping. :-)

Edit: Thanks for the pictures. :-)

Last edited by Zhaoyang on 03 Jun 2014, 01:09, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next