OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 17:13

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject: Re: Ringer's Blog
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2018, 15:49 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Ringer, take a look at what balls mostly you missed and what balls mostly you struck well. You will see the ones you took right off the bounce or rising below net level you nailed real consistently. Those balls, you had the ball right in the impact zone, whether you moved there or waited for it, whatever, you were in position and balance... and right on with the impact zone. You also had good leverage on those. That let you really go for the shot and still land it safely and troublesome, those were quality shots.

The ones you missed a lot on are where you were trying to impact the ball higher than the net. It is a different BH in terms of timing, swing, and zone. I would say to reduce the errors on those, loosen up your grip at impact some and don't go for as much pace, back off 10 percent or so. Let the ball come to your zone... and a little to the left. Use a mini or micro squat for your power start. Kim Jung Hoon vids are also great to look at for this concept. Heck, you got access to one of the best BH in the world, so look at those.

I agree with Cobalt and would add that your difficulty moving to FH is you were mostly standing up when the ball went to your FH. It is real difficult to move laterally when your start position is upright like a piano. Maybe your feet were close together, couldn't see. We could see your hips though and they were over the table height. You could do a quick squat and explosive hop, you could do a crossover, a quick 2 step in succession... I like the power hop, kinda like an explosive 2 step - push off with left real explosive and hop real low to position or slide those feet after the push off), pound the ball, push back with right foot after shot. It is important to be a little wide in stance, it was hard to see the lower part of your stance.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2018, 02:22 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Der_Echte wrote:
You could do a quick squat and explosive hop, you could do a crossover, a quick 2 step in succession... I like the power hop, kinda like an explosive 2 step - push off with left real explosive and hop real low to position or slide those feet after the push off), pound the ball, push back with right foot after shot. It is important to be a little wide in stance, it was hard to see the lower part of your stance.

This is one of those things that I know I should do, but when I try I just don't. Concentrating too hard on the hands and not on the feet. I feel like I'm always doing a huge reach even for shots that are not that far out, pulling me out of position.

I'm going to try to focus less on the stroke and more on the feet next time I do this.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2018, 01:52 
Super User

I tried to implement the changes recommended by Cobalt and Der on the FH/BH transition, but my camera died. Ugh. I did much better than last time, though. One thing I've realized is that after I play the BH counter, I need to hop backwards diagonally to play the FH loop. If I don't do this, I am stuck playing both the BH and the FH on the rise and my consistency is way too low.

As for my overall game, I feel like I'm playing very well. My forehand seems to have gotten a little sharper the past couple weeks, primarily due to 3 reasons:

1) I'm contacting the ball a little farther from my body, allowing me to straighten out the arm a bit more.

2) I'm swinging from the balls of my feet and moving forward thru the ball better.

3) I'm learning to hook the ball out wide to my opponent's forehand more regularly.

I feel like I'm getting closer to cracking some of my BH problems as well, but I'll save that for a longer post some other day.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2018, 08:43 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Looking pretty strong!

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2018, 15:09 

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Einfach KLASSE Ringer !!!

Middle - Wide FH combo.

You found the middle, then waited for ball to come into your hitting zone, you showed with your body you were going back to the middle, then kept shoulders loose and whipped the shoulders around to get the ball online to go wide FH. Nobody can see that one coming until you do it... and often it is too late then when you lay down a FH hookshot. If you see opponent cheeting to FH, you have option of waiting longer and nailing the ball down the BH line. You setup and executed that one with good patience. That is the kind of thing you could use time and time again in a match.

HOOKSHOT !! Where are you ??!!

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15