OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2015, 00:19 

Japsican wrote:
Quote:
because of move wiring

Can you clarify what this means? "Move wiring."

I mean the move must be longer and slower and my is too short I think. Sorry my english)

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2015, 00:54 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
sirius13phobos wrote:
Japsican wrote:
Quote:
because of move wiring

Can you clarify what this means? "Move wiring."

I mean the move must be longer and slower and my is too short I think. Sorry my english)

Thanks! You're english is great and FAR superior to my Ukranian! :D

I have the same problem now that I'm chopping with OX for the most part. When I play with sponge my stroke naturally moves to a longer more pronounced chop.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2015, 16:58 

Quote:
I have the same problem now that I'm chopping with OX for the most part. When I play with sponge my stroke naturally moves to a longer more pronounced chop.

When I begun to play in defence also with ox dawei 388d and kokutaku 911. Dawei was better)))
Few weeks ago I played hellfire ox. Great pips but very expensive for Ukrainian market. And that's why I decided to find cheapest pips for classic defence

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 20:57 

Here is my alpha

Attachments:
IMG_20151018_103124.jpg
IMG_20151018_103124.jpg [ 379.7 KiB | Viewed 2525 times ]
IMG_20151018_103045.jpg
IMG_20151018_103045.jpg [ 392.07 KiB | Viewed 2525 times ]
IMG_20151018_103105.jpg
IMG_20151018_103105.jpg [ 335.45 KiB | Viewed 2525 times ]

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 21:19 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
Are you still thinking about changing to "BTY Matsushita Pro"? Is that blade still available in Russia, because it has been discontinued and replaced by "BTY Defence Pro". But I doubt they are exact copies: my Defence Pro is 100g, while Matsushita Pro is supposed to be much lighter. But they both have a shorter handle and Anigre outer plies, I believe.

I read somewhere that even between the old black tag Matsushita Pro and the newer ones (silver tag) there are differences. The latter is (said to be) heavier and faster.

BTY Joo Se Hyuk is heavy and powerful, but still great feel for chopping (flat curve & good speed). And no limits to attacking!

Any new videos coming up? :up:

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 21:59 

Pipsy wrote:
Are you still thinking about changing to "BTY Matsushita Pro"? Is that blade still available in Russia, because it has been discontinued and replaced by "BTY Defence Pro". But I doubt they are exact copies: my Defence Pro is 100g, while Matsushita Pro is supposed to be much lighter. But they both have a shorter handle and Anigre outer plies, I believe.

I read somewhere that even between the old black tag Matsushita Pro and the newer ones (silver tag) there are differences. The latter is (said to be) heavier and faster.

BTY Joo Se Hyuk is heavy and powerful, but still great feel for chopping (flat curve & good speed). And no limits to attacking!

I don't know about difference between old and new tag. I have alpha with new tag and old tag. There is VERY small difference.

About video: Soon I'll post video of my training exercises and some compilation of rallys from 2015:-)

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 22:02 

Btw this TSP triple spin chop is almost 1 year old and it still tacky and has heavy chop :o :o :o :o

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 22:10 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
Thanks! What's the weight of your two Matsushita Pros? I've got a black tag but haven't tried it yet...

Looking forward to the videos!

PS: I've got a TSP Triple Spin "Speed" (1.2 or 1.5). It is also VERY tacky but also VERY "dead". I couldn't even chop the ball over the net :lol: (I'm used to the lively Bluefire) . Do you know the difference between the "speed" and the "chop" version? Speed = harder sponge?

sirius13phobos wrote:
Pipsy wrote:

I don't know about difference between old and new tag. I have alpha with new tag and old tag. There is VERY small difference.

About video: Soon I'll post video of my training exercises and some compilation of rallys from 2015:-)

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 22:17 

Pipsy wrote:
Thanks! What's the weight of your two Matsushita Pros? I've got a black tag but haven't tried it yet...

Looking forward to the videos!

PS: I've got a TSP Triple Spin "Speed" (1.2 or 1.5). It is also VERY tacky but also VERY "dead". I couldn't even chop the ball over the net :lol: (I'm used to the lively Bluefire) . Do you know the difference between the "speed" and the "chop" version? Speed = harder sponge?

sirius13phobos wrote:
Pipsy wrote:

I don't know it's weight. I'll take off rubbers from it and then weight it.

I don't know difference beetwen them but in my triple spin chop sponge is not so soft. I think it has middle hardness

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 23:27 

Pipsy wrote:

Speed is harder and faster for sure but with still decent control. However, personally I just cannot use the thinner version. I'm sure it's my technique. I've tried to make it work, but it's just too hard for me to attack consistently with during the heat of battle. It's great for Classic Defense, but you have to really play a classic defensive game, and none of my friends or coaches will let me do that anymore. :lol:

The Triple Spin Chop sponge is soft, feels like the same sponge as on P-4. Dampening. The speed versoin to me feels like the old P-1R Sponge. I am actually keen to try the 1.4-1.7 version to see if I like it because I attack more than Chtchetinine, but less than a typicaly Modern Defender.

Pipsy, I had the same problem as you, couldn't chop the ball back to the net intially coming from the Omega IV Asia (very fast), but surprisingly I got used to it. Then when I went back to the Asia I was sending my FH chops out of the gym. Now I'm back to the Asia and it's best for me. My FH chop prefers a tensor technque-wise somehow, and more importantly I could attack a lot more with the thicker 2.0mm sponge. My coach wants me to give him all of my thin-sponged FH rubbers so he can hide them from me. :lol:

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2015, 21:46 

I promised video about Marcos Freitas

Here is it
Nice watching:-)

P.S. I prepared video about some of my exercises for defence, but I need some time to finish it for you.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2015, 19:36 

Yesterday I tried giant dragon meteorite 0.5 mm on my alpha. Well, chopping is great and ball is very difficult but for me was very hard to controll this rubber. Neptune has much more contoll in compare with Meteorite and I think Neptune suited to my technique. Meteorite is great for playing on the table. It's really great in this aspect. It would be great to play with meteorite stable in classic defence but I thnk I will play further with my neptune. Maybe sometimes I will take my second alpha and defence with meteorite

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2015, 19:59 

Few videos from Ukrainian regional league west region + abilities of milky way neptune 0.7 rubber and tsp triple spin chop 1.1

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2016, 09:55 

sirius13phobos wrote:
Few videos from Ukrainian regional league west region + abilities of milky way neptune 0.7 rubber and tsp triple spin chop 1.1

The final match..you were dominant! Nice Classic D.

PostPosted: 11 May 2016, 19:33 

Hey for everyone!
Sorry about silence.
Well, I left my defence alpha and now I'm playing with Sauer and Troeger Firestarter+Friendship origin premium 1.5+Neptune 0.7.

I have to say that blade is like Matsushuta pro model but much more easy in control. I try to play Matsushita and for me it's realy hard to control. Firestarter also has vibration but not so big as Matsushita. That's why friendship is playing good in this blade.

I thought to try butterfly super anti. What do you think in this case? How it will be in classic defence?
Does someone from great defenders use anti?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next