OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:47

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2019, 17:11 

Blade: Stiga Allround Nostalgia
FH: Mark V
BH: Mark V
We currently only have 2 of them, I think the 3rd is crumbling under arthritis.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2019, 17:17 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Go back about 30 years and I used to drive through Katoomba on the way to West Wyalong from Watson's Bay. I'm 1000km south now though.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2020, 09:41 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
I'll be with the Draycott Table Tennis Club who are competing at the Riga Cup (Latvia) 14-16th February. Most of the time I'll be coaching, but will anyone else from the forum be there?

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2020, 18:14 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
Play well, or whatever the encouragement phrase should be.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2020, 19:27 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Well Riga was interesting, my first competition abroad coaching. Won't go in to any of the details other than one aspect of how it was organised. In 2* and 4* Table Tennis England events, the early stages typicallly consist of groups of 3 or 4 players - all play all within the group. Top two qualify for the knockout stages (in higher competitions like the nationals, sometimes the top 8 seeds skip the group stages and go straight in at the knockout stages. Anyway, I digress. In the group stages, players are allocated a table and play all their group matches on that table. When one group is particularly close and taking a long time to complete, this can result in time delays and lots of empty tables whilst everyone else waits for them to finish.

In the Riga Cup, the organisors did something different. Every group started on an allocated table [they had 24 tables to use], and as a match was completed, the next match on that table could be from any group - it simply depended on which players were available and which groups were getting behind. This meant the tables were in constant play and the groups finished roughly around the same time. The downside was that it's hard to scout opponents if you don't know who they are or what table they are on especially if the tanoy system is difficult to hear and you don't know the language [yes you can see the table draw on the wall, but once the round is under way, unless they have their names on their shirts, you'll strugle to recognise them].

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2022, 10:04 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Does anyone know of any friendly table tennis clubs in Orlando, Florida which are open to the public and easily accessible by public transport from International Drive, Orlando?

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2022, 19:28 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
Debater wrote:
Well Riga was interesting, my first competition abroad coaching. Won't go in to any of the details other than one aspect of how it was organised. In 2* and 4* Table Tennis England events, the early stages typicallly consist of groups of 3 or 4 players - all play all within the group. Top two qualify for the knockout stages (in higher competitions like the nationals, sometimes the top 8 seeds skip the group stages and go straight in at the knockout stages. Anyway, I digress. In the group stages, players are allocated a table and play all their group matches on that table. When one group is particularly close and taking a long time to complete, this can result in time delays and lots of empty tables whilst everyone else waits for them to finish.

In the Riga Cup, the organisors did something different. Every group started on an allocated table [they had 24 tables to use], and as a match was completed, the next match on that table could be from any group - it simply depended on which players were available and which groups were getting behind. This meant the tables were in constant play and the groups finished roughly around the same time. The downside was that it's hard to scout opponents if you don't know who they are or what table they are on especially if the tanoy system is difficult to hear and you don't know the language [yes you can see the table draw on the wall, but once the round is under way, unless they have their names on their shirts, you'll strugle to recognise them].

Did you play at Salaspils? I played there, with that exact format... and yes, the announcements were a challenge!

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2022, 07:30 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Hello LordCope, the event was held at the Sport Hall of O.Kalpaks Riga folk-art primary school, Skrindu Street 1, Riga. The event was just a few weeks before Covid lockdown so it seems like a lifetime ago now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6