OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 12:57

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kim's Obsessions!
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2016, 00:05 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
I've managed to lure at least two guys from my office to play at my club, and these two guys both have high motivation to improve on table tennis, and go far as purchasing new blades and equipment (rubber cleaners, bat covers etc.

And they both seek advice from me on how to improve their game, and i always think that while hard work always pays off, one of them actually has apparent talent in absorbing my teachings and could actually see improvements on weekly basis.

I was most flabbergasted , when he go on and improve his serves week after week and when i say that he should shorten his serves he comes out next week with shorter spinny serves like nobody's business.

We shared video alot among ourselves and discussed tt alot on work time whenever we meet, so it is a joy to be around them for me.

Me personally are going through the phases on getting an identity as a tt player, while i have that super short bh serves that open up to third ball attack kinda game, im finding it rather boring though it works on even better players 70% of the time. im trying to work on that Dima super spinny bh serves to gain more points on my fh kill loop third ball vs the over the table bh flat kill that i've been doing this hole time.

I still prefer going on guys who go mid and far distance play vs the short and over table play although my bh on long distance is weak and low percentage of winning points on that so have to improve my footwork to go fh every time on long to mid distance.

Other areas where im weak still is over the teble fh flick ( rarely get the chance to practice those) , adding speed on bh flicks, bh flicks are consistent but rather slowish but with directional emphasis in mind im still able to get points 30% of the time on serve returs that way.

My FH has improved a bit compared to when i started joining the club as i've played with more and more players with similar trait as i do ( at least those that plays double inverted.)

Am glad to cope the ap 2* semless balls, lighter than nittaku, yonhe , dhs, xushaofa 3* but playable during match plays still compared to most of training balls ive tried before (dhs and friendship 1 and 2*)

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2016, 00:02 
Super User

been working a lot these days ( end of the year thing ). So was actually having a diminished time to spend on tt.

Did had an intense training session last weekend , multiball training, one round of fh to bh on diff side of the table, and 3 rounds of fh to fh different side of the table.

man that side to side jumping action killed my right ankle so far, will be doing more of it till i get used to it.

Also did 3 rounds of serve training, maybe i will just focus on pendulum and reverse pendulum from here on out, i cant really replicate my fav dima bh sidespin serve, if i load up with alot of spin, it will go long, if i focus on short serve it will go with minimal spin. and i can see i progress more on reverse pendulum to compared to normal pendulum, in terms of placement and height of the ball, I've noticed that the striking the ball at the middle area of the bat is the key, i used to focus on the end of the bat with small area of the rubber, cause it gives me super control i could even send the ball on impossible place on occasions.

The middle strike of the ball gives more time on the ball to load it with super spin, and need more practice on it, with mind hand connection plus it have the tendency of going to net and my bat missing the ball. Serve practice is a real thing!

Am trying to lessen my usage of bh kill over the table it ruins my wrist nowadays especially im super aggresive when it comes to bh kills, even anything bh. maybe should start wearing wrist straps even ankle one. :/

xiom omega asia on fh is having a bigger ratbite everytime, most probably will change to mxp soon on fh and rakza 9/7 on bh.
funnily i love omega but mxp is cheaper now, if i ever revisit omega again ill go pro fh euro bh and see how it goes from there, im quite comfortable with asia now, if only manufactures dont have so much rubber to try out T.T again.

Weekly recap is done!!!

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2016, 21:38 
Super User

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI1lFVG4R-U&t=76s

Last edited by kim biceps on 05 Dec 2016, 21:45, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2016, 21:45 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Blank youtube link above

Last edited by rokphish2 on 05 Dec 2016, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2016, 21:46 
Super User

rokphish2 wrote:
Blank

haha still failing at embedding videos man, can only put link, think should be ok now for the link, trying out my new action camera and very impressed at the results.

Last edited by kim biceps on 05 Dec 2016, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2016, 21:49 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Working now. Great place.
What do you use to record?

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2016, 21:54 
Super User

rokphish2 wrote:
Working now. Great place.
What do you use to record?

SJCAM 5000 elite, pretty easy to use and the quality of video is impressive to say the least even when comparing to my 16 megapixels camera.
( abandoned my pendulum serve for now and trying to shape my game with the under/ sidespin serve with emphasis on placing the ball on my fh on third ball)

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2016, 22:17 
Super User

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOQU_SG49ok&t=175s

anyone is welcomed to give criticism, good or bad I welcome thee!

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2016, 22:18 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

How's the SJCAM 5000 fare against Yi4K?

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2016, 22:56 
Super User

rokphish2 wrote:
How's the SJCAM 5000 fare against Yi4K?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NIsbik8Rss

I think this video would answer most of your question, and mine too haha, i myself was about to pick up xiao yi actually , but stumbled on the sjcam 5000x short after checking the price much lower than xiao yi, and looking at the reviews its a good cam at that price point i would say, and the video quality surely doesn't disappoint.

It's just me though when it comes to electronic I always go for value over brand name ( when it comes to tt diff story lmao) but thats cause nowadays review are abundant and especially when electronic stuff has that specs which allow you to compare each other side by side in a more quantitative way than most other things.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2016, 00:11 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

does it split the files into around 8 minutes clips/slightly less than 4gb files?

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2016, 00:15 
Super User

rokphish2 wrote:
does it split the files into around 8 minutes clips/slightly less than 4gb files?

That I don't know haha, haven't been in depth on this thing yet, didn't have any prior experience with action cam besides handling my sis's and frens go pro.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2016, 00:30 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

just push record and let it go for about 20-30 minutes and then see the results, both time and file sizes :D

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2016, 02:07 
Super User

rokphish2 wrote:
just push record and let it go for about 20-30 minutes and then see the results, both time and file sizes :D

will try it tommorow and see haha

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2016, 11:01 

kim biceps wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOQU_SG49ok&t=175s

anyone is welcomed to give criticism, good or bad I welcome thee!

Overall you control seems to be improving.

1. I'll be that guy. All Your serves seem to be illegal. You hand drops under the table every time.
2. Your serve quality seems to vary quite a bit ( like mine), when your toss is off.
When it's close to your body you get a better serve than when your toss is in front.
Your spin quantity seems to go up when it's too close to your body, but then you're leaning back and would likely give you a bad recover position.
I think your serves have more spin when your toss is too close to your body because you know it's closer to your body than you would have preferred, so you instinctively get a finer brush.
You might try to duplicate that feeling when your toss is not going into your body.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!