OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:39

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2021, 15:10 
Super User

Blade: Joola Xylo 7
FH: Battle 2 National 38
BH: TTR-Killer
So, nothing new for now..
Tested a H3 Neo prov version - fast, spiny, not as tacky as Battle 2, has a lower arc, less spin sensitive ( better receive, better block, but generates pretty much the same spin ).
Returned to B2 after 3 weeks of testing - I prefer the higher arc for BH.
The differences are not very big. I would say that H3 Neo prov is a solid FH-only rubber and B2 is better suited for twiddling.

PostPosted: 10 May 2021, 16:47 
Super User

So what has changed..
HAD TO change the Soft Anti to another one - chose the Best Anti.
so, basically, the GD Soft Anti's quality is sh*t :lol: The topsheet is glued to the sponge very bad. Even on a new one. To confirm this one can go to ttdd.de where they sell this anti too and you can see that they sell it only in OX version cause the quality of the sponged versions is very poor (those are their words, not my speculations).
So, Best Anti - it's faster, less spin sensitive, easier to attack with. Chops are not as slow and loaded but still pretty good.
Overall it gave me the ability to be more aggressive but I can still have the ability to decide whether to play attack or defense.
I'll add a video from the most recent tournament where I get beaten pretty bad :)
I had lots of problems with my opponent's FH attack and I think that this got in my head and I couldn't adapt mentally and technically, hence an awful last set too. But it's still good to have such matches recorded :)

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2021, 20:42 
Super User

So I'm still playing with the best anti. The results are fine, currently more like physical condition issues than equipment issues - very slow legs.. Well what should I expect after having a good vacation. Not a lot of thoughts on my game currently - need those legs to start running so I won't miss so much easy balls..
Here's a recent match from a tournament.. The opponent beats me most of the times, this one was not an exception but still - ok. Lots of FH diagonal mistakes and very straight legs in this match..

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2021, 01:34 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
Hey! Glad to see you're still actively playing. You know what makes watching you so nice, you're so fluid and relaxed and you never know what shot you might come out with next. I really enjoy watching your matches. Thanks for the uploads.

Never expected you to go to anti but the classic anti seems to suit you too. Although a lot of the credit should go to you for adapting so well. Well played sir!

Edit: forgot to mention how unbelievably smooth and good your twiddling is! I'm super jealous. Hopefully I can get that good at twiddling. Anything in particular you done to get so good at it?

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2021, 05:02 
Super User

Ndragon wrote:
Hey! Glad to see you're still actively playing. You know what makes watching you so nice, you're so fluid and relaxed and you never know what shot you might come out with next. I really enjoy watching your matches. Thanks for the uploads.

Never expected you to go to anti but the classic anti seems to suit you too. Although a lot of the credit should go to you for adapting so well. Well played sir!

Edit: forgot to mention how unbelievably smooth and good your twiddling is! I'm super jealous. Hopefully I can get that good at twiddling. Anything in particular you done to get so good at it?

Thanks for the kind words! :) I'm still trying to understand should I stay with the anti or return back to the pips..
About the twiddling, again, thank you for the kind words! never trained it though.. It somehow developed automatically for me cause I wanted to have more options in my game.. I would say that for me personally it's just like a command from the brain - if I decide that I want to twiddle for BH pushes for example - I twiddle. Like an instruction: the mind said and the body follows. Currently I don't think when to twiddle - it's just an option for another type of shot for me.

As about how to develop twiddling.. I think the first thing one could try is combinations of particular serve and twiddle after it for the next shot.. The next step would be to decide in what moment against a particular opponent you would want to twiddle and do that. But only for the element you've chosen - not all the time. This way (probably) one could train his twiddling.. I think :?:

Today slapped on the Yasaka Antipower because I always wanted to try it out too :) I figured out I play more offense with the anti so the Yasaka seemed like a logical choice.. will see. Today was the first try and it wasn't bad! attacking is easier, receiving is easier, but didn't have the chance to play against a strong looper.. So, we'll see how it goes. But overall a nice anti too :)

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2021, 03:57 
Super User

So after about 8-10 hours (4 days) of playing with the AntiPower (AP) what can I say..
I like it :)
Compared to Best Anti:
- AP is faster (still have some problems with that for now)
- AP is softer (very nice feeling)
- AP is better for attack and for inverted-type blocks
- AP's topsheet is slicker but if you engage the sponge then you can still produce spin that is comparable to BA's
- BA is better for defense: the chops are slower with more spin and for me it seems that it's easier to return the ball with more interest than with AP
- It's easier to chop-block with the BA cause it's slower

Overall the AP is for more aggressive style of play - you can attack a lot of serves with it and because of it's lively sponge it's really easy to do so. With the BA, for example, you need more precision in the receive because you don't have the same speed so you need to be faster with the wrist if you want to attack on the receive.

I'll stick with the AP cause the aggressive play is easier and I like that. Also we'll have a round from the club championship in the beginning of October so no more experiments before that :)

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2021, 06:11 
Super User

Nice! Yeah keep with the AP for now coz I wanna see it in action in future vids haha

Although for aesthetic reasons I prefer your LP game. And the selfish me wants to encourage you to try Dtecs so I can see how someone with your style and skill lvl uses it :oops:

I tried your twiddle tip btw, it's fun and definitely helps a bit. I am getting better at twiddling but now I find myself getting caught with an accidental twiddle then a brain fart lol

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2021, 06:34 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
i have used best anti thick and thin,juice neo thick and yap thick.i like the best anti as im more of a chopper and get better control.
if your f/h goes during a match i would suggest grinding it out and chopping with the anti.boring i know but its better than losing points,
yap is defo an attacking rubber .
best of luck :Chop:
ps what thickness best anti do you use,

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2021, 06:46 
Super User

peterpong wrote:
i have used best anti thick and thin,juice neo thick and yap thick.i like the best anti as im more of a chopper and get better control.
if your f/h goes during a match i would suggest grinding it out and chopping with the anti.boring i know but its better than losing points,
yap is defo an attacking rubber .
best of luck :Chop:
ps what thickness best anti do you use,

I want to establish more of an "all+" - "def+" style.. I think that's my goal as of what type of game I want to play..
The Best Anti was thick (is it 2.0 or 1.8 - still confused), and the AntiPower is 2.0 too.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2021, 07:15 
Super User

With regards to my comment on YouTube, I can totally see why you're wanting to pursue the AP. How is it going with your more defensive shots though?

I thought you played really well with BA tbh but I haven't seen an AP game yet. Looking forward to it now

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2021, 03:01 
Super User

Ndragon wrote:
With regards to my comment on YouTube, I can totally see why you're wanting to pursue the AP. How is it going with your more defensive shots though?

I thought you played really well with BA tbh but I haven't seen an AP game yet. Looking forward to it now

Yet again, thanks for the kind words :)
I've tried the AP in training for consecutive chopping and it's fine - not super loaded with underspin but I can produce very flat in trajectory chops and also there is still a good amount of spin on them. Also the speed is something that I need to get used to. On Monday I played some games against a double looper so I tried chopping and also had no problems. Still need to see how will it be against strong loopers but I think adapting won't be a problem :)
Don't know when will the next video be though :)

On a side note - strangled my left knee a little (and it has a trauma history) so currently playing with knee support :)

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2021, 05:23 
Super User

Oh gosh don't talk to me about knees ill end up crying lol. Be careful with that one!

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2021, 03:45 
Super User

Yesterday had an unexpected sparring session with a friend-defender so didn't take the camera with me.. and now I regret that. :)
We met a guy from our division and another one from a division higher so we played some matches and it was very fun but also competitive :)
Against the guy from the same division - a classical heavy spin two-sided looper with not a lot of power but with good consistency and blocking. So against him I always played well in defensive mode but this time I had no problems getting the initiative with the anti and continuing the attack with the regular rubber from either the BH or the FH. Because of that I didn't feel pressure and decided to give him easier balls so he can start attacking those and I can train my BH block with the anti.. 1st conclusion: don't do that in a match, second conclusion: need to improve the timing and angles when blocking with the anti against slow spinny loops. :) overall the match went to 2:2 and 6:2 for him and I remembered what to do and won 11:8 :)
The second guy plays 1 division higher and has good serves, very strong FH attack and pretty stable BH. The match was intense and interesting but I lost 3:1. All the three games he won were decided on duce-points. Attacking the serves with the anti and then continuing with the regular rubber worked well when I read the serves well.. ))) Also my short game was better and I was able to set my FH loops from it. Can't say I had obvious problems in the match and that's why I regret not taking the camera with me - it would be so much easier to analyze a close match on video than remembering.. Because of the fact of his strong FH I was able to test the anti in defense too and had zero problems with handling the loops and returning decent low chops :)
All in all - very nice games. The Antipower is an excellent attacking weapon :) But also very capable in the chopping department.

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2021, 04:17 
Super User

I would love to have seen those matches as well. Especially vs the consistent looper.
Sounds like one of those awesome sessions though.

Btw how do you find the anti close ish to table when blocking? Do you have to block almost like inverted? Or closer to frictionless. Also can you punch vs top spin?

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2021, 19:32 
Super User

Ndragon wrote:

Btw how do you find the anti close ish to table when blocking? Do you have to block almost like inverted? Or closer to frictionless. Also can you punch vs top spin?

The blocking motion is similar to the normal regular rubber block. The angles are different obviously but you can block normally or even counter a little and that gives the opponent a very strange ball.
You can punch vs top spin (I am not consistent at that), but I somehow automatically twiddle the racket and use the regular rubber for such shots.. hm.. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next