OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:35

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2021, 20:58 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
v100ev wrote:
Ndragon wrote:

Btw how do you find the anti close ish to table when blocking? Do you have to block almost like inverted? Or closer to frictionless. Also can you punch vs top spin?

The blocking motion is similar to the normal regular rubber block. The angles are different obviously but you can block normally or even counter a little and that gives the opponent a very strange ball.
You can punch vs top spin (I am not consistent at that), but I somehow automatically twiddle the racket and use the regular rubber for such shots.. hm.. :)

Did you find it the same with Nittaku BA as well?

Yeah I admire your twiddling, it's so quick and fluid that I don't even see it sometimes and I'm watching not even playing vs you

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2021, 06:39 
Super User

Blade: Joola Xylo 7
FH: Battle 2 National 38
BH: TTR-Killer
Ndragon wrote:

Did you find it the same with Nittaku BA as well?

I would say that it was much more difficult with the BA. In regards to blocking I used the BA like pips - mostly chop-blocking cause regular block were very hard to perform. I think the special sponge of Antipower makes this element much easier - it was not impossible with the BA - but hard. And the motion was still like a regular block.. But I'm not very strong in the blocking department with antis and pips..

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2021, 03:00 
Super User

Played this Thursday in our weekly league and here's the final match. This is against my teammate.. Our matches are always very strange.. Although we know each other's game we both make more unforced errors than we should and sometimes don't make shots with the needed determination and fail them because of that. It doesn't mean we don't try our best.. I think it's just because none of us is sure that he can win :) We have overall a very even balance between us. So - this is the match (cropped) - I think it's watchable :) There are some nice points here and there.
Overall I had good success in points that I start by attacking his serve with the anti. The problem is that I'm still not used to this and sometimes back off and initiate a more defensive rally and that is not the best for me :) Also need to use the anti more probably :)

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2021, 05:08 
Super User

I know why watching you is relaxing as well as fun. You're so fluid coz your wrist looks so loose and it all syncs so well.

Also your BH looks so difficult to deal with from all that twiddling and solid attacking, I'm jealous of it haha

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2021, 02:09 
Super User

Yesterday played another Thursday final :)
Here's the video.. don't have time to analyze :) Tomorrow is the first round of the team competitions so I just quicly edited the yesterday's match and freed space for tomorrow's matches.
So, here's the vid. Overall a solid match I think.. Somehow lost FH initiative at some time - I think this was important.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2021, 15:58 
Super User

So on the first round of the team competition we went 3:1. Next round will be in November. Overall there are 8 teams, so 3 matches left.
I lost against an equal opponent but the match didn't matter and I couldn't concentrate for it :( But I won against other opponents in the important matches (beat a guy that I've never beaten before) - so everything went well :)
The next week I played a couple of leagues but somehow found myself not having fun .. I think I left all emotions and concentration in the team matches, so decided to take a break. A week without TT already and I think I'll skip another 3-4 days before I go to the club.
Also ordered new shoes cause the Mizuno's Wave Medal 6 got their sole rubber erased for 1 year (that was a bummer - seems like they use a lot of natural rubber there and it is really soft..) So found a good promo on Asics Gel Blade 7 - will see how they hold up. I heard that their soles are harder and more durable than Mizuno's..

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2021, 16:29 
Super User

Good news mixed with bad :(

The having fun part really is the most important in the end though right. If we aren't enjoying and itching to get back on the table then we are doing something wrong. Hopefully you can figure it out

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2021, 20:34 
Super User

Ndragon wrote:
Good news mixed with bad :(

The having fun part really is the most important in the end though right. If we aren't enjoying and itching to get back on the table then we are doing something wrong. Hopefully you can figure it out

Well the main problem is that there's currently not a lot of challenge for me in the club - everybody knows everybody and I beat like all of the regulars. And the non-regulars that are better or equal to me are NON-regular.. So most of the times I come to the club to play the same guys that can't put me under pressure. And everybody wants to play games and not train. And after playing higher level matches in the club championships I just don't wanna return to the same playground.. I think this is more connected to some kind of being tired overall.
This one week break was nice - more time spent with my wife, a couple of trips to the mountains.. Tomorrow I'll get my new shoes and on Thursday I'll go and play with lighter heart :)

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2021, 20:55 
Super User

Fair enough mate. I totally understand.

I am also very limited to 2 sessions a week and on 1 of them half of the time the standard is pretty low and no one wants to or can train. I cannot really train my mid distance defence coz almost all cannot loop more than 1 or 2 chops.

It would do you good to try your best to find 1 guy willing to train at least once a month

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2021, 19:01 
Super User

So quite the time skip..
Really - nothing new :)
Yesterday played the second part of the club team champs..But one of our teammates is sick, another one - injured. So the injured played as a 3rd racket - he even beat a couple of guys :) I played well, even filmed myself :) Made around a net shot that can not be seen on the recording cause the opponent was a leftie :envy:
Overall I play well, it looks Ok on video for me.. But like when I'm playing or watching I feel like the points are so.. random? Like - yeah - I can understand how I win them, but the bigger picture seems strange to me (not sure about the opponents, but I'm confused..) I think this is a good thing - just means that the style is pretty non-linear..
In reality I need to up my blocking game with the Anti. Most of the times I block with the regular rubber on the BH side (I twiddle for blocks) but in an unexpected situation I block with the Anti and there's a ton of mistakes on these blocks.. The angles need to be very precise because of the very low friction. Also when there's even a little humidity in the hall - the Anti plays more like a slick anti - and one needs to change the angles again - like what the?
I like the variation that I have - it's easy to defend, easy to mix the spins when twiddling..But those passive shots are currently a problem) Thinking of trying long pips with a thick sponge (for example Hallmark Frustration come with 2.0 ) - that should play more like a medium pips rubber but with less spin.. I think? I hope to have a little more grip comparing to the anti.. I'll probably try it, and if it's too different - I'll glue the Anti back cause the results say that I play good with it. And the angles will fix themselves with the time.. I hope :D

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2021, 06:20 
Super User

First session with the Hallmark Frustration today.. 1.5 red :)
Veery strange rubber :) It's fast, it can impart lots of spin but also on some softer shots it has quite a lot of reversal.
I misjudged it at first and tried playing with it like with short pips.. It's possible - you can attack, you can block, it has some sinking effect.. But it was not very easy.. After some time I found out that I can play all long pips shots with it too. The only thing to keep in mind is the speed..
Overall - needs more playtime against different opponents. It can attack really well, now I want to train the passive and defensive part of the rubber. If I find a way to chop comfortably then I'll give it a serious go. Because although it's very different from the Anti it has a great amount of variation in it.. And I want to explore it. Basically this would mean that it plays like a medium pips rubber.. But I can compare only to Nittaku Militall and the Hallmark is much more long pips-like compared to that one.
Not very structured post but still something :)

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2021, 02:25 
Super User

Dumped the Frustration :rofl: and returned the Anti. Main reason - the pip is fast, It's good for attack/block but not so good for combination play. Maybe if it's used on a slower blade it will be more versatile but I'm not ready to commit to a blade change :)

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2021, 19:34 
Super User

Finally edited one of my matches from the club champs ..

The laptop battery is dying.. I'll add my thoughts later today :)

So about the match and the opponent.. I have never played him before.. Also his team is the team that fell to our group from the higher division.. So that meant that they are strong :)
I thought the match would be harder.. Also the guy is a lefty and I usually struggle with them. But yeah.. It seems like he had some problems with my game and my serves so I felt pretty comfortable in the match. Around the 3rd set he found a serve that bothered me a lot (side-top but well masked and I was constantly misjudging the amount of spin there), but the next set I received better and finished the game.
My game was.. ok.. FH slow loops where not going in, overall movement over the table was not the best but yeah - the variation was there and I think that was what decided the match. Some attacks/flips/BH-s/chops.. well - there was everything so I'm pretty satisfied with the game "pattern" overall :) Technique.. Yep - with the knee support I don't bend my knees as much as I should. Currently I play without it and I use the legs much more, but on that day the legs where pretty straight :) :)

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2022, 16:38 
Super User

Nothing new here.. After the Christmas holidays the mental consistency is gone :^) Probably need more time at the table to return to my normal concentrated state of mind when playing..
After quite some time of reviewing my game I came to a conclusion that I don't use the anti enough. I'm twiddling for blocks and attacks and using the regular rubber all the time.. Like why? I think because I'm not confident in those shots with the anti (although I've been playing with it for quite some time now..). So I decided to try a more controlled and easy-to-play anti and see..
So yesterday replaced the AntiPower with the Trick Anti (there are lots of japanese reviews about it on youtube). For a first day of playing I got exactly what I wanted - slower speed, better control. The grip is a little bit less then the AP's but this way it has more reversal. Overall liked it.
On Wednesday will have some matches with stronger opponents (that I can't beat) and will see how will I handle the new anti. After that I'll probably write some things in it's thread to share my thoughts on how it performs in different elements.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2022, 18:17 
Super User

So..
After a Covid "Vacation" (or was it a quarantine..) - my wife got this nasty thing so we isolated ourselves for quite some time..
So after this on 27th of Feb had a first go to the club and played some friendly matches and recorded them (!) cause i wanted to test the video before going to the club championships (that will be this Sunday). Overall the session (training + matches) was around 3 h and 20 minutes.. The next two days everything was sore :rofl:
Still with the Trick Anti - I think it's very nice for my game.
I also edited the matches, so there are no gaps between the points. Maybe later I'll try to cut only the nicer points/shots.. but not now :)
On all those videos I'm the guy with the grey T-shirt (with tt-store.eu written on it :))
So four matches with my friend - a defender (won't embed the videos cause I don't want to bloat the post.. also not sure if anybody's interested in amateurs matches :lol: )
His racket (red side - Curl P4 0.5, black - Battle 2) (Blade - not sure.. Butterfly Defense something I think)
1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIZIimwKRs0
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOBZrq2xElE
3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVv9C4MLQcs
4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU_8BRHmfko
And a couple of matches against a friend-attacker. I would say that the quality of these matches is lower.. Probably some fatigue and also as an opponent I feel very comfortable against him.
1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG80LkdLo44
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZvYZZW8yVk
Also if anyone's interested, here's the match between them:
1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR1bodfmmfM

BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING :rofl:
Got to catch my around the nets on camera! So happy! And even three of those (an all are different). So this video embed I will (yoda smile)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next